SEMI LIVE REVIEW- Millenium 21st Feb

anniedave

9 hours ago, 50scruiser said:

I've enjoyed reading your thread.  We're also on the roll call and on the cruise today.  Can't wait to get on the ship.  When we sailed on the Summit in November we had around 700 passengers - the ship never felt crowded.  I hope we get to meet on the cruise.

Donna

Hi Donna , if you spot me come & say Hello 

After a takeaway and early night last night & a reorganisation of the cases this morning we were in the Uber by 10.15 & Check in was so smooth & quick ..very well organised ...(maybe Miami airport could learn a lesson or 2 !!!) We were Onboard drink in hand by 11.30. 

We dropped our carry on bags, watched the safety vid & visited our muster station - Dave found the smoking area & we had a couple of drinks ....then once I'd realised Daves couple of drinks had been very large ones ...I decided we needed to eat. So we headed to the buffet ( no pics just a small salad & some bread each ) lush a couple of coffees .

As predicted the drink & more package hadn't been recognised but  I headed to customer relations & this was quickly sorted, as were a couple of excursion queries at the excursion desk. 

We headed back to the cabin , met our Steward and watched sail away from our balcony - drink in hand. 

• Like 2

Cabin location - everyone said the Aft Blu cabins on deck 11 were great apart from possible noise. 

My issue is with everyone below at the sunset bar I feel very exposed - I also feel it affects the view.  I can also def feel more movement than I did in a mid ship cabin. We have decided we aren't great fans of it and although it won't spoil our cruise I sent think its a cabin we would not book again.  !!! 

20220221_164036.jpg

20220221_163627.jpg

• Like 1

Well I had forgotten that I felt the effects of the motion of the ship for a couple of days until I got my sealegs last time....being at the back of the boar isn't helping . So that combined with a busy couple of days meant our evening consisted of nap - dinner - bed. In Tuscan the service was excellent ,  we enjoyed the little show of the basil, oil & balsamic being prepared and Dave devoured almost the whole bread basket! We started with the pork belly - when the waiter noticed that Dave hadn't eaten much of his Dave explained that there was nothing wrong with it, it just wasn't as he expected he expected it to be much more crispy as that was how he was used to eating it. Next thing another pork belly arrived very crispy ! Dave said it was delicious , for main I had the filet mignon and Dave the ribeye - both were delicious .- sorry forgot photos !! When Dave was asked what sides he would like with the ribeye - he joked another ribeye - and was told that really wouldn't be a problem !! ( he had to explain he didn't really want a second ribeye).
I enjoyed some nice Pino gringo & Dave asked them to make him a G & T with limonello in . I did manage to get a dessert photo - I had the creme brulee, Dave the limoncello cheese cake & then we staggered off to bed!
Won't let me upload pics - I will try again later 

It has been quite windy today....I was planning on spending some time in the Solarium today but when we walked through it was really busy. We skipped breakfast and had a lie in , cancelled an excursion in Antigua as we can now explore on our own. We went shopping as for the second cruise in a row Dave has managed to break his sunglasses !!! Then stopped for coffee at Al Bacio, on recommendations from Jim_Iain and others  I wanted to try a affogato coffee - it has disappeared off the menu but I asked for one and they were able to provide....you are right it's delicious .Dave did argue it was a dessert not a coffee!!! 😋

We grabbed some lunch and watched the scavenger hunt poolside .... well done to the winner and hopefully all the waiters got their shoes back 🤣🤣. I had some salad & Dave was very pleased he managed to find roast beef & Yorkshire pudding!! Great choices in the buffet. 
We both then decided we were really tired .. I think a combination of the previous few days , my seasick meds & prob the jetlag finally catching up with us. As we are due to be ashore on activities for the next 6 days we decided to spend the afternoon napping.  Just woke up and it's time to get glammed up and ready for eve chic.. hoping to catch the boogie nights show & have our first meal in Blu .

20220222_114342.jpg

20220222_114346.jpg

20220222_122722.jpg

20220222_125716.jpg

20220222_130105.jpg

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gormanl said:

If you get a chance to see Carrot Top (Comedian) at the Luxor in Vegas, it's absolutely hilarious.   We laughed non stop from start of show to finish.  Brilliant.

Thanks for the tip I will look out for this one 

6 hours ago, cl.klink said:

Anne - 

Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

How full is the ship?  Have they announced how many passengers are actually on board this time?

- Joel

Actually heard the waiter discussing it with someone last night...about 930 I think he said ...you can tell its not running at capacity, lots of space 

2 hours ago, anniedave said:

Actually heard the waiter discussing it with someone last night...about 930 I think he said ...you can tell its not running at capacity, lots of space 

Did you have to make reservations for shows or just walk in?

• CC Help Jenn changed the title to SEMI LIVE REVIEW- Millenium 21st Feb

We went and watched the show in the theatre - great social distancing - everyone was wearing masks. Boogie nights is a fun show for those who love 70s Disco ....I really enjoyed it ...poor Dave tolerated it for my sake !!! .
Then we went for dinner in Blu, it seemed quite busy and service was quite slow ... but we were in no hurry and probably hit it at a busy time ( just after 8). I chose the chicken  liver parfit from the main dining room menu , Dave had the heirloom salad from the blu menu which he said was very refreshing . We both had the lamb which was delicious and then I had chocolate cake and coffee.
Whilst debating whether to go to the sky lounge or Martini bar for a cocktail I realised I couldn't keep my eyes open so we headed to bed. Maybe tomorrow 🙂🍹

Woke up bright & early and watched us dock in Dominican Republic, went for a nice relaxed breakfast in blue - really enjoyed my coffee, oj & French toast. After breakfast we got ready for our excursion to monkeyland. Met in the port area and was then taken  for about a 40 min ride to monkeyland. Once there we were given a talk and we were taken through to the monkeys where we has about 40 mins of monkey fun.
Once in with the monkeys they put first fruit then seeds on us and the monkeys climbed all over us. We were offered souvenir photos but there was no hard sell and they were happy for us to take our own photos. Sny one know if having a monkey poo on you is goood luck .....😂😂
After the monkeys we were shown the traditional way the coffee was made and given samples of various drinks to try -but again no hard sell. The drive back to port took about 40 minutes and once dropped off we used the opportunity to take along round the new port area - very nice and I felt sorry that we were the only ship in port &very quiet.

Once back aboard we headed for a cold drink & burger from the mast grill & succumbed to the offer of the cocktail of the day - a great pineapple &  cherry concoction- oh yeah it also had Vodka!! We went back to the cabin to watch sail away ( as we had to go through ocean view it would have been rude not to have some icecream & cookies) and then..... you guessed it had a rest ready for tonight. 

16 hours ago, anniedave said:

Thanks!  Hope you are enjoying!

- Joel

Had a great nap!! and then determined we were going to stay out later than dinner tonight ! Headed to blu and had dinner ...anyone have those nights when nothing is wrong with the food but you just aren't feeling it? / not hungry?  We had brie followed by the  short ribs then Dave had the cherries jubilee & I had the lava cake - prob only had half of everything! Then we headed to the sky lounge and enjoyed the 50s/60s music quiz ...only got 3 out of 15 right ....but it is the taking part that counts right? Enjoyed a couple of cocktails and enjoyed watching people dancing...one guy was doing a great Mick Jagger impersonation. Then of course because I hadn't eaten much dinner I was hungry!!! So we headed to the buffet and got some late night pizza & salad ( didn't end up eating most of the salad but having the salad on my plate will make me feel healthy!!!)

20220223_214948.jpg

20220223_221104.jpg

20220223_221928.jpg

20220223_224632.jpg

20220223_235938.jpg

• Like 1