Not exactly live from the Ruby Princess

PescadoAmarillo

A few pics from yesterday (sometimes they are sent to me long after my bedtime). As we faced on the Emerald Princess, there is an issue with pools being shut down. The terrace pool is out of service for awhile.  It needs to be repainted and the paint has been on order. Not sure they’ve received it yet.  And the Lotus spa pool has been netted over for a few days.

Also, a couple of pics from Hilo, of Mauna Kea ans the observatories on top and of a rainbow. And the masks that are delivered to the cabins. 

4F03408D-4AD7-416B-9EA7-54D6F883ED96.jpeg

98B77688-3C86-4DDB-9CAA-88504557A586.jpeg

9CA37092-8234-4383-8F2C-0D41FF8AA5D9.jpeg

FBC49B4F-DDE9-484C-BAF6-81EB62029ED1.jpeg

Edited by PescadoAmarillo
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, milogurd said:

That's an interesting price on the 24K Gold Margarita... 9.75 693511 ? 

Something similar happened with a vegetarian meal when viewed on the online menu. It showed a $6 price, which got everyone very excited. I think their online menu accuracy is not the best (shocked!). 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Looks like someone ate at Crown Grill last night! I had part of a BOGO Qdoba, but I’m not jealous. 😆

I would have known the main dish without the photo, but I personally prefer the Applewood Smoked Sea Salt over the Himalayan Pink.

• Like 2

So far, the best weather we have had is on embarkation day.  Overall, most of the weather has been overcast and because of the speed have had to use, quite windy.  It rained at times in 3 of the 4 days in Hawaii, but it depends on where you were going, for example it was raining in Hilo, but only partly cloudy at Volcano National Park.  Many newcomers to Princess are not too happy with the food and, especially, the entertainment.  This is my first cruise in over 7 years with Princess.  MDR food is better than I recall (I'm elite).  On the other hand the buffet was awful in the 1st 4 days of the cruise - it seems they were overcooking just about everything, maybe they thought they had sick crew members cooking for us.  Crispy bacon was like chewing on beef jerky.  It's back to normal fortunately.  Entertainment has been at best, nothing to write home about, except the band, the Supersonics.  So far, the most exciting thing happening to me is I finally found an excellent Chardonnay on Princess -  Mer Soleil from the Santa Lucia Highlands.  Another wine I can recommend is Sokol Blosser, a Pinot Noir from Willamette Valley, Oregon.  Overall, we didn't have high expectations for this cruise, given all the problems with the cruiselines, but the food in MDR has exceeded our expectations (excellent beef and seafood).  Tonight, in the MDR, we are having Italian night.  Guess, I have to open up that bottle of Barberesco I brought aboard the ship.  With my absence of 7 years, one thing I noticed because of Princess Plus, very few wine bottles on top of dining tables during dinner.  Alot more drinking in most venues.  If you have 2 drinks a day and you need wi-fi/internet, Princess Plus is a good deal. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

Someone’s enjoying banana nut pancakes this morning. Someone else is heading out to shovel snow.  But I’m not jealous. 🙄

I told my DH you should be nominated for “Wife of the Year” award!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, deadzone1003 said:

So far, the best weather we have had is on embarkation day.  Overall, most of the weather has been overcast and because of the speed have had to use, quite windy.  It rained at times in 3 of the 4 days in Hawaii, but it depends on where you were going, for example it was raining in Hilo, but only partly cloudy at Volcano National Park.  Many newcomers to Princess are not too happy with the food and, especially, the entertainment.  This is my first cruise in over 7 years with Princess.  MDR food is better than I recall (I'm elite).  On the other hand the buffet was awful in the 1st 4 days of the cruise - it seems they were overcooking just about everything, maybe they thought they had sick crew members cooking for us.  Crispy bacon was like chewing on beef jerky.  It's back to normal fortunately.  Entertainment has been at best, nothing to write home about, except the band, the Supersonics.  So far, the most exciting thing happening to me is I finally found an excellent Chardonnay on Princess -  Mer Soleil from the Santa Lucia Highlands.  Another wine I can recommend is Sokol Blosser, a Pinot Noir from Willamette Valley, Oregon.  Overall, we didn't have high expectations for this cruise, given all the problems with the cruiselines, but the food in MDR has exceeded our expectations (excellent beef and seafood).  Tonight, in the MDR, we are having Italian night.  Guess, I have to open up that bottle of Barberesco I brought aboard the ship.  With my absence of 7 years, one thing I noticed because of Princess Plus, very few wine bottles on top of dining tables during dinner.  Alot more drinking in most venues.  If you have 2 drinks a day and you need wi-fi/internet, Princess Plus is a good deal. 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I was hoping someone else on the cruise would comment. DH also says he thinks things have improved since the first day, which is kind of a surprise since the Ruby Princess has been back to cruising for awhile. The pool closures thing is causing him grief, especially as we faced the same thing on the Emerald Princess in October (but it was that ship’s first cruise since the pandemic, which is more understandable). I hope you continue to enjoy your cruise. 

• Like 2