OBSERVATIONS FROM THE POOP DECk SEASHORE FEB 12

morpheusofthesea

3 hours ago, JAGR said:

I'd say you have enough YC towels in your cabin!  Do they not give them out on the pool deck anymore?

Yes.There are about 12 rolled up on a shelf starboard side of the grill. Day one we go up to the pool deck and gain the attention of a pool deck attendant. DW tells him we require 10 pool towels / day in our cabin. I grab 2, DW 2, attendant 6 and we traipse back to our cabin ($5 tip). DW uses them daily to cover the furniture we sit and lay on.

5 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

With so few guests on board and so many other seating options closer to the floor one has a better chance of surviving a fall.

LOL, I don't sit at the bar, but just seemed odd that all stools restricted. 

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, morpheusofthesea said:

More items offered by Venchi. Noticed that two of the main dining rooms are closed due to so few on board this sailing. The YC restaurant has an offering every evening for dessert of the Venchi gelato and for lunch. For breakfast, besides the pastry and croissants, they have these very light and airy white or chocolate glazed donuts and even lighter creme filled berliners. (I absolutely cannot take two full weeks of this decadence).

IMG_1584.jpg

IMG_1585.jpg

Oh my gosh.  My favorite on seaside.  So disappointed this is not included with YC anymore.  I'm sure I will have a drink or two anyways.  Have you tried any this cruise?  I can't remember what my favorite was anymore.  

17 minutes ago, heidikay said:

So disappointed this is not included with YC anymore.  I'm sure I will have a drink or two anyways.  Have you tried any this cruise? 

It is called 'Reverse nickel and diming". I am 'off' caffeine. DW only allows me sugar. Should MSC start charging for donuts, I'll be a 'goner'.

IMG_1583.jpg

Edited by morpheusofthesea

Here is another good reason to cruise now before people begin cruising in full force. Service. All the cruise lines are having problems getting back experienced staff. Those that are new hires need to be quarantined and training takes time and only seasoned staff can handle 'prima donnas' like ourselves.

• Like 1

There was a time when performers went by the mantra "The show must go on". A time of complacency among actors, having taken their art for granted. That the theatre would always be there for them. The pandemic shook these artists to their knees. Today audiences are in for a treat. These cruise ship entertainers are blasting out the best product of their lives. "Come to the Cabaret, my friends !"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, caffeine_demon said:

"Overboard" is a poor choice of words when talking about a cruise ship! 😄

It probably wasn't intended but this particular cruise ship would be extra sensitive when it comes to the word "overboard".  

Although the young man (R.I.P.) didn't actually go overboard, there was a "man overboard...." announcement on Seashore less than two months ago. 

2 minutes ago, CruiseTee said:

Thank you so much for this great review and photos! So glad to hear you are enjoying your cruise! We can't wait to sail Seashore on Saturday! 

Now that you mention it "enjoying your cruise !", I must be in good company on this ship right now. The busiest venue is the future cruise desk. The young lady is swamped.

• Like 1

Reports from past passengers complaining about protocols not being enforced are true. What can any of all the  struggling cruise lines do? They can't get enough service staff as it stands now and reports of bookings are up for future cruises. No cruise line wants to antagonize its loyal base by denying them access to venues for not wearing a mask or sitting in a theatre seat labeled 'X'. (For some 'X' "marks the spot" just as if it was reserved just for them.)

This morning in Cozumel we have the New Disney Wonder pulling in beside us. The port was treated to the Disney Wonder tooting its horn to "When you wish upon a star" when it finished docking. The Wonder also uses this melody before PA announcements. Please notice that the lifeboats are raised providing old-time teak cushioned lounge deck chairs a proper view. (Will probably never sail on a Disney ship, but can still appreciate any cruise line's amenities).

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

IMG_1617.jpg

IMG_1616.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really, really enjoy this new elevator technology. Approach this elevator key pad and it lights up decks. press only one # and voice announces which of 4 elevators is on its way. Enter an empty/unoccupied elevator and no more buttons to push on inside (only <> open, close ><, ^ panic 'bell'. Elevator only stops (so far) at your designated deck only. This feature alone makes this ship my new favorite.

IMG_1612.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Oxo said:

LOL, I don't sit at the bar, but just seemed odd that all stools restricted.

Your post reminded me of our first and only time in NCL's "The Haven". We were having dinner in the Haven dining room (early) where nearby were 3 middle aged women sitting at a table having drinks.  I looked up, and one of the women had apparently 'passed out', the two other 'friends' rapped her arms around their shoulders and proceeded to walk/drag their 'friend' out of the restaurant to their cabin like a scene from "Saving Private Ryan". The two 'ladies' returned a few moments later to resume their libations. Within moments one of the two 'ladies' falls out of her chair on to the floor. Another gentleman races to her aid, which she refuses and begins rolling on the floor laughing at her predicament. At this moment restaurant staff call for assistance. The 'lady' makes it back up into her chair and begins drinking directly from the bottle, as two dark suits arrive and stand guard over their table. Who knew we'd have dinner and a show in the dining room. Thus my summation that her fall was less severe  than had it been from the higher bar stools.

• Like 1