The NCL Haven Luxury VIP Experience "Secrets" REVISED for 2022

Sthrngary

On 5/25/2023 at 4:16 PM, Haybales2022 said:

When he was done, he announced all the rooms were ready.  This was all before noon.  We dropped our bags and went to explore!  The announcement for rooms ready for the rest of the ship was quite a bit later…maybe 3 pm.

so I am wondering if "all (haven) rooms are ready" includes the haven rooms, aft specifically, that are not in haven proper?  On previous trips we have never felt like we could go to ours since the rest of the ship wasn't ready yet.

Edited by Pie

10 minutes ago, Pie said:

so I am wondering if "all (haven) rooms are ready" includes the haven rooms, aft specifically, that are not in haven proper?  On previous trips we have never felt like we could go to ours since the rest of the ship wasn't ready yet.

I believe you can always drop off your stuff in your Haven room, even if it's not ready.  We did at least.

35 minutes ago, Pie said:

24 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

I believe you can always drop off your stuff in your Haven room, even if it's not ready.  We did at least.

We were in an Aft Haven on Breakaway last March.  We were unable to access our room until after all  the rooms were ready.  We were able access  the haven and I'm sure those in the Haven proper were able to access their rooms.  All other rooms, including Haven rooms not in the Haven proper, were not accessable since the doors to the passage ways to the rest of the cabins were locked.  

• Thanks 1

The policy, perhaps, varies by ship.  On our cruise on Norwegian Joy last September, we were able to drop our carry-on in our Haven suite, even though it was not in the Haven proper, at 1130.  Access to the ship's staterooms was not announced until 1300.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/1/2022 at 3:55 PM, Kirk2121 said:

Gf n i walked to the spa to get her a hot stone massage & hair styling. 

The beach loungers outside the Haven didn't have cushions.  & the hot tubs had like 6 people in each! How do people live like that? Lol TOTALLY KIDDING.  looked like everyone was enjoying themselves.  Maybe not Haven enjoying themselves but.... 🙂

Our May Cruise we're gonna be back to the interior of the boat where we have to row again! 

Love your posts.  You crack me up!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

All other rooms, including Haven rooms not in the Haven proper, were not accessable since the doors to the passage ways to the rest of the cabins were locked.  

Those doors were closed, sure, but not locked, as that would be a major fire hazard.

10 hours ago, ChiCruzr said:

Those doors were closed, sure, but not locked, as that would be a major fire hazard.

This is true, on my last cruise in April on the Getaway the hallway doors were shut but not locked and we opened them and carried our carryon bags to our aft Haven stateroom and dropped them off. We didn’t see anyone on the way there and back but if we had would have said we were dropping off then leaving.

5 hours ago, justhappy said:

This is true, on my last cruise in April on the Getaway the hallway doors were shut but not locked and we opened them and carried our carryon bags to our aft Haven stateroom and dropped them off. We didn’t see anyone on the way there and back but if we had would have said we were dropping off then leaving.

I guess we could have done that but there was a sign "no admittance", IIRC.  I'm certain, the ship didn't want people going through those doors.  After all, a certain percentage would have just moved into their non-haven cabins regardless.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I guess we could have done that but there was a sign "no admittance", IIRC.  I'm certain, the ship didn't want people going through those doors.  After all, a certain percentage would have just moved into their non-haven cabins regardless.

I don’t recall seeing anything that said no admittance, if I had I wouldn’t have gone in. You are correct that lots of people probably do go right on in to stay in their rooms. And now that rooms aren’t available till 3pm or later I can imagine it will occur more often.

1 hour ago, cruisebeachgirl703 said:

Is there a Haven Manager? Have not met or seen on 2 haven cruises. Have seen concierge and assistant concierge at the desk. Assistant Maitre D' at restaurant. Bartenders and bar staff. Butler and room steward as well. Is their role mostly behind the scenes?

@cruisebeachgirl703 the Haven Concierge is kind of like the Manager of the Haven.  The are the go to person even for the butlers.  I hope that helps you.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

• Like 4

On 6/4/2023 at 3:42 PM, Sthrngary said:

@Daniel A My advice based my upcoming trip to Europe is the following:

1. Look at the Hotel they are booking and see if you can book it yourself, for less money and cancel (Full Refund ONLY or don't Cancel). You usually save a ton by doing it yourself.
  2. The ground transportation is a google search a way.  I have two "Taxi's" set up.  One for the Airport to the Hotel.  The other from the Hotel to the Port.  Far easier and less expensive than I thought.  Let me add less confusing also.  I have had all kinds of issue finding the representative especially on late flights. I don't like waiting for other planes to land for a bus to fill up.  None of this is an issue when I handle it myself.
  3. Besides saving money on Pre/Post Hotel Stays, you can pick and choose the hotel based in your want to sightsee or not.  An example is the hotel I choose is in the City Center of Athens, Greece.  I read all the reviews, saved money and watched videos of the actual hotel on YouTube. 

Many folks want the cruise company to do all the arrangements. It is easier for them.  In my case, it is less expensive and easier for me to handle it myself.  This includes Air, Hotels and Ground Transportation.  I also when out of the country, arrange my own Excursions or Sightseeing items I want to go to with the Use of Google Maps and YouTube which can be your best friend.  

I know I did not answer your exact question directly, however I do hope I helped in some way.

I talked to my CC yesterday about a hotel in Rome. It doesn’t show any available for our cruise but she told me it’s much cheaper if we just book them ourselves. 

14 minutes ago, Mommapadraig said:

I talked to my CC yesterday about a hotel in Rome. It doesn’t show any available for our cruise but she told me it’s much cheaper if we just book them ourselves. 

@Mommapadraig GREAT advice.  Go on to YouTube and look for best Area for hotels, then best hotel in those area's.  Fun to research and gives you a look at the hotels.  On my trip, the hotel the cruise brand suggested in Athens, Greece was the one I choose.  I got lucky.  That choose was researched as I suggested to you.

I hope that helps.  Make sure you fly in the day before early so you can enjoy that day in Rome.  I will be in Rome in November and can't wait.  

• Like 2

Wanted to share an excellent interaction today with our pre-cruise concierge. I know on the board there have been "hits and misses", but we have been so lucky and have used this service often over the years. Haven Booking Tip: if you have an "odd number" in your parties (we usually have 3, but on this upcoming Alaskan cruise we have 5), you sometimes cannot book specialty restaurants online for some time slots but your pre-concierge can absolutely make those bookings. 

We have used the same two pre-concierge ladies for the past number of years both via email and by phone. They know us well, they are funny and professional, and are incredibly responsive and helpful. 

This weekend, in one 30 minute call, they got my two friends who we are travelling with sorted in their NCL registrations, booked us all for specialty restaurants,  confirmed our excursion bookings, reviewed visa requirements (one of our friends is British, one is Jamaican), helped them get sorted with the Port of Seattle luggage transfer, gave advice on hotel bookings in Seattle, and emailed out our spirit and special request lists. 

Because we will be a "seafood-free room" (our friend has a shellfish allergy), she also made sure to have this listed for our treat selections, and arranged for a kettle to be in the room along with the coffee maker for my British friend who was horrified at the thought of boiling her tea water in a coffee maker 😂.

Just another Haven perk I know @Sthrngary has mentioned many times before. Many people under-utilize but I have found the pre-concierge to be so helpful - especially with herding all of the cats that comes with arranging a cruise with international travelers.

104 Days To Go!!!!!

Warmest, Amy

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

So I am sailing first time in Haven 7/30 out of NYC .  Had the same issue trying to book 7 people .  Figured i would wait till concierge reached out to me I thought at around 45 days out ( later this week ) .  Can I reach out to them before that ?

1 minute ago, ashkay16 said:

So I am sailing first time in Haven 7/30 out of NYC .  Had the same issue trying to book 7 people .  Figured i would wait till concierge reached out to me I thought at around 45 days out ( later this week ) .  Can I reach out to them before that ?

You might not have the best of luck booking thing this closely to your cruise, since pre-booking started for Haven/Suites at 130 days prior.  Call Pre-cruise concierge, &/or the onboard Concierge ASAP on embarkation.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, amygutman said:

Just another Haven perk I know @Sthrngary has mentioned many times before. Many people under-utilize but I have found the pre-concierge to be so helpful - especially with herding all of the cats that comes with arranging a cruise with international travelers.

104 Days To Go!!!!!

Warmest, Amy

I've  used them for our last two cruises in the Haven and I agree with  your assessment.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ashkay16 said:

Absolutely - I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong but Haven guests can make reservations at either 120 or 125 days out from the sailing date. 

I figured out that "odd person booking" issue years ago - we had booked 4 person time slots, but it ends up being an issue for the restaurants due to occupancy restrictions (or so we've been told). 

I'm sure your pre-concierge is able to help you out - Warmest, Amy

• Like 2

3 hours ago, amygutman said:

Wanted to share an excellent interaction today with our pre-cruise concierge. I know on the board there have been "hits and misses", but we have been so lucky and have used this service often over the years. Haven Booking Tip: if you have an "odd number" in your parties (we usually have 3, but on this upcoming Alaskan cruise we have 5), you sometimes cannot book specialty restaurants online for some time slots but your pre-concierge can absolutely make those bookings. 

We have used the same two pre-concierge ladies for the past number of years both via email and by phone. They know us well, they are funny and professional, and are incredibly responsive and helpful. 

This weekend, in one 30 minute call, they got my two friends who we are travelling with sorted in their NCL registrations, booked us all for specialty restaurants,  confirmed our excursion bookings, reviewed visa requirements (one of our friends is British, one is Jamaican), helped them get sorted with the Port of Seattle luggage transfer, gave advice on hotel bookings in Seattle, and emailed out our spirit and special request lists. 

Because we will be a "seafood-free room" (our friend has a shellfish allergy), she also made sure to have this listed for our treat selections, and arranged for a kettle to be in the room along with the coffee maker for my British friend who was horrified at the thought of boiling her tea water in a coffee maker 😂.

104 Days To Go!!!!!

Warmest, Amy

@amygutman Wow that was GREAT.  Thank you for the shout out.  Much appreciated.  I will lay odds who you talked with was Maria.  I also have had the best conversations with her and her wonderful staff. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ashkay16 said:

@ashkay16 Yes, I recommend you do it as soon as possible.  One more thing not to worry about.

On 6/9/2023 at 4:58 PM, Daniel A said:

I have a question about laundry service in the Haven.  We are in a 2 BR Family Villa on a ten-day sailing.  Do we get any free laundry bags?  How often do they offer laundry bags and how many (one for each person or one for the while villa?)

You can have your laundry done as often as you want but you will pay for it. 

• Haha 1