Considering last minute cruise on Navigator but feeling confused

1 hour ago, bradski said:

I am hoping that I can see the ice show and I didn't see a comedian on the app? Good to hear there is still a chance because the only show I see if the showgirls and I have 0 interest in that show.

Comedy show in main theater...don't need a reservation...check your cruise compass for nightly shows once onboard...and book the ice show on the app as soon as you get on.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PaddleAddict said:

So you need reservations to watch the shows? Do you do this on the app?

In case the app does not work when you try to make the reservation, go to a house phone and dial 0 and ask for the Box Office and they will book it for you.  Ours did not work when we boarded January 17 so we had to do that.  (There was a phone right by the beverage counter in the Windjammer.)  Only the Ice Show needed reservations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FromSea2ShiningSea said:

In case the app does not work when you try to make the reservation, go to a house phone and dial 0 and ask for the Box Office and they will book it for you.  Ours did not work when we boarded January 17 so we had to do that.  (There was a phone right by the beverage counter in the Windjammer.)  Only the Ice Show needed reservations.

Thank you so much for sharing this tip!! 

I just got off the Navigator yesterday. It's my 4th cruise on the Navigator since November. (going back next month again).  I think you and your kids will have a great time.  The capacity has been pretty low for the 3 night (25%) and even lower for the 4 night (20% ish).  I was told that the 7-days are booking really well.  We did the 7 day in January when it was still pretty low.  I didn't really see that many kids any of the times we sailed.

Captain James  told  us that all of the pool heaters are broken.  The pool water was cold but  actually felt nice because this weather was super hot.

They have a new cruise director Bill Brunkhorst who was a delight!  Captain James is really personable and with the ships amplification you can't go wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Baowen said:

Captain James  told  us that all of the pool heaters are broken.  The pool water was cold but  actually felt nice because this weather was super hot.

No!!!!!  It's not supposed to be hot and definitely not 'super hot' this weekend, so pool heat being broken is terrible new.  Temps are supposed to be upper 60's/lows in the upper 40's.  I hope they are working on getting that fixed ASAP.  We board on Friday and lots of pool time was a big part of the plan.  

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Baowen said:

I just got off the Navigator yesterday. It's my 4th cruise on the Navigator since November. (going back next month again).  I think you and your kids will have a great time.  The capacity has been pretty low for the 3 night (25%) and even lower for the 4 night (20% ish).  I was told that the 7-days are booking really well.  We did the 7 day in January when it was still pretty low.  I didn't really see that many kids any of the times we sailed.

They have a new cruise director Bill Brunkhorst who was a delight!  Captain James is really personable and with the ships amplification you can't go wrong. 

Thank you so much for sharing! We are excited. Bummer to hear that the pool heaters are broken... hoping that might get fixed since the heatwave is officially over!

20 minutes ago, rockmom said:

No!!!!!  It's not supposed to be hot and definitely not 'super hot' this weekend, so pool heat being broken is terrible new.  Temps are supposed to be upper 60's/lows in the upper 40's.  I hope they are working on getting that fixed ASAP.  We board on Friday and lots of pool time was a big part of the plan.  

So agreed! Please, please, please!

4 hours ago, Baowen said:

Absolutely....Captain James was amazing !!!

8 hours ago, Baowen said:

Captain James is really personable

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

Absolutely....Captain James was amazing !!!

His Shatner-esque way of speaking his sign-off line gave me a giggle.  

"This is........ Captain James."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1