Considering last minute cruise on Navigator but feeling confused

On 2/13/2022 at 2:45 PM, PaddleAddict said:

Thank you so much for your reply. I must be misremembering that Johnny Rockets was free. I remember far fewer “charge” restaurants from our last sail on Royal though. 

If kids clubs are 10 hours a day, that would be more than enough for us. If it’s 10 hours per sailing, it would be a bummer. A friend has been waiting to rebook her Disney Cruise because they are limited the kids to 90 minutes a day at the kids club.

Several years ago when we went Johnny Rockets was free for lunch but a fee for dinner.

10 minutes ago, PaddleAddict said:

Oh man, well we decided to book the cruise, but one huge problem! I apparently don't have a birth certificate for my youngest. Gah! I don't know if I can get copy by Friday. I don't know what to do!!!!

I hope your child as born where you are currently located. You may be able to go in person and get a certified copy. Check your county clerk's website. 

17 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

I hope your child as born where you are currently located. You may be able to go in person and get a certified copy. Check your county clerk's website. 

16 minutes ago, Cel_cruise said:

Do you live in the same state your youngest was born?   I think heading to the appropriate town hall first thing would be the best way!   

I hope you get it figured out and have an awesome time!!!

Yes I do! I am going to head to the vital records office tomorrow and see if they will do it same day. PCR tests booked for the kids tomorrow as well, so it will be a busy day! 

• Like 3

On 2/13/2022 at 7:24 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Do you know if the parents get the vaccinated color wrist bands when the kids are unvaxed? 

9 hours ago, PaddleAddict said:

Hmmmmm this could be a deal breaker

for my husband. I might try to call or chat with Royal Caribbean on that one.

The vaccinated parents get the vaccinated wristband, and can go in any vax-only venue as long as the children aren't with them at the time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/13/2022 at 2:14 PM, rockmom said:

I'm booked on this sailing along with my daughter and grandson.  Kids club you will need to sign up ASAP when boarding as it is limited.  

I hope you don’t mind a follow up question on this as you seem “in the know” and I am feeling desperately “out of the know” 😆.

Do you think I need to convince my husband to try to board as early as possible so we can beeline to the kids clubs to book reservations? Or, can I board earlier with the kids and he comes later? He is trying to squeeze in work before we board that day but I do NOT want to miss out on snagging a few reservations. A few hours alone each night would be GLORIOUS for us as we rarely have that. 

6 minutes ago, PaddleAddict said:

I hope you don’t mind a follow up question on this as you seem “in the know” and I am feeling desperately “out of the know” 😆.

Do you think I need to convince my husband to try to board as early as possible so we can beeline to the kids clubs to book reservations? Or, can I board earlier with the kids and he comes later? He is trying to squeeze in work before we board that day but I do NOT want to miss out on snagging a few reservations. A few hours alone each night would be GLORIOUS for us as we rarely have that. 

No reason why you can't board before him. It's easy to park and board Navigator.

1 hour ago, HBCcruiser said:

According to the concierge there is an ice show. We shall see but he said he’d book it for us. 🤷‍♀️

Ooohh, this is such great news! I’ll keep it to myself just in case but I hope this is the case!

So you need reservations to watch the shows? Do you do this on the app?

36 minutes ago, PaddleAddict said:

Ooohh, this is such great news! I’ll keep it to myself just in case but I hope this is the case!

So you need reservations to watch the shows? Do you do this on the app?

Yes and yes. Once you are onboard you will be able to book dining and events and add them to your calendar. 

9 hours ago, PaddleAddict said:

Hi, just seeing this as I wasn't online last night.  Did you check in for the cruise and choose a boarding time?  I think at this point the earliest time slot is noon or 12:30.  You can choose a different boarding time for each of you.  

Also, I've been told by a LOT of people who were on some of the prior 3 night sailings that the ice show IS available, but you can't book it until you board and you book it via the app--it's not showing yet, but apparently will show up once onboard.  

12 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Hi, just seeing this as I wasn't online last night.  Did you check in for the cruise and choose a boarding time?  I think at this point the earliest time slot is noon or 12:30.  You can choose a different boarding time for each of you.  

Also, I've been told by a LOT of people who were on some of the prior 3 night sailings that the ice show IS available, but you can't book it until you board and you book it via the app--it's not showing yet, but apparently will show up once onboard.  

Oh my goodness, THANK YOU for saying this. I had no idea I had to choose a time. I feel like such a cruising newbie right now! Just got the noon slot. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Did you get the birth certificate?

I just drove up to the county clerk recorder office and got it! Next up, PCR tests! 

Had a moment of panic when I saw my passport was expired but I called and they said I can use my birth certificate and drivers license. 

Edited by PaddleAddict
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, rockmom said:

I am hoping that I can see the ice show and I didn't see a comedian on the app? Good to hear there is still a chance because the only show I see if the showgirls and I have 0 interest in that show.