Lisbon to Barcelona Cruise in April

ddpe

Hi Everyone,

If you have cruised recently, did Azamara send any kind of email before your voyage as to what was required for entry in different countries regarding Covid?  I saw today that Portugal, the start of our cruise, will no longer require a Covid test to enter, if vaccinated.  But, Spain, where most of the voyage occurs, is very hard to decipher.  I know protocols change, sometimes rapidly, but did anyone receive any advice prior to their recent voyages?  Thanks.

Have not gotten detailed email, but...AZ will conduct a COVId test on the pier in Lisbon before you are allowed to board.   Once on board, if a given port (country) requires another test, AZ will give it.   They  will also conduct test before disembarcation if required by the landing contry or if you need it to fly home ( which is, yes, for US... at least for now)

• Like 3

Spain, where most of the voyage occurs, is very hard to decipher.  I know protocols change, sometimes rapidly, but did anyone receive any advice prior to their recent voyages?  Thanks.

I am also on this cruise.  Spain dropped the testing requirement but they require you be vaccinated and boosted to enter.  Gibraltar is also the same so I assume we will just be tested when we board and then at the end of the cruise.

• Like 1

As of 1st March Azamara require all passengers to have had a booster jab if they are eligible to do so:

(As of March 1, 2022, all guests 5 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated. Azamara will require vaccine eligible guests to be fully vaccinated with all initial doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. We also require that fully vaccinated guests get a booster dose when they become eligible to do.)

This is in line with the EU recommendations, all the countries you are visiting are following this guidance there can be variations and of course can change without notice. There is a page on the Azamara website giving all the requirements.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

We are on the cruise before you which has stops in Africa, Spain and Portugal and so far have not received any communications.

It’s too early as things keep changing. About three to four weeks before you will get information 

• Like 2

Thanks everyone.  Yes, we are both boosted.  Our worry was about getting a pcr if needed before leaving our home city.  A little hard to get now as everything is pretty much shutting shop.