No love for Grand Africa?

We_like_to_cruise

2 hours ago, We_like_to_cruise said:

Hi !

Perusing the boards and using the Search function, I see very few posts on the Grand Africa voyage recently released for 2023.

Curious if this is an itinerary people are not interested in, and why?

Thanks !

Have you checked for any roll calls?  There may be one for the 2022 Grand Africa.  I think Africa is of considerable interest for cruisers.  The 2023 Grand Africa has just recently come out, and there have been several defections from HAL's 2024 WC to the 2024 Grand Africa.  

• Like 1

We had the 2022 Grand Africa booked but had to move over to the 2023 Grand Africa because our schedule was too heavy.  We only had 2 weeks between the end of the 2022 Grand Africa and the 2023 Grand South America & Antarctica.  We decided to spread them out a little bit.  There is a roll call for both the Grand Africa voyages if you look in that section.  

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

We had the 2022 Grand Africa booked but had to move over to the 2023 Grand Africa because our schedule was too heavy.  We only had 2 weeks between the end of the 2022 Grand Africa and the 2023 Grand South America & Antarctica.  We decided to spread them out a little bit.  There is a roll call for both the Grand Africa voyages if you look in that section.  

Could just stay on 😁

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

I just looked at my Roll Call for Grand South America and Antarctica. I read a comment that GA sold out except for inside cabins.  Seems a lot of love.  I would love it. 

I think that may not be the reality.  I had put an option payment for Grand Asia, still not disclosed, and the World Cruise.  Instead I was assigned to Grand Africa.  That might have happened with lots of people.  I canceled my Grand Africa inside cabin 2 days ago, I think the deposit is due February 24.  Check back after then and see what becomes available.  It does look like a great itinerary but it is just does not fit my schedule.

• Thanks 1