Regent Dress Code

sabrefan

1 hour ago, rcandkc said:

Yes until 6

Or after 6PM as long as you are not in public eating/drinking areas. I.e.. You can sit on the deck with a drink and watch the stars and not be "dressed".

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Or after 6PM as long as you are not in public eating/drinking areas. I.e.. You can sit on the deck with a drink and watch the stars and not be "dressed".

Very true. 

Just for the record, I just saw a man turned away from dinner at the Compass Rose who was wearing denim jeans.  However, I saw men wearing trousers with exactly the same cut as denim jeans — except they were made of a different fabric — not denim. They had no problems gaining entrance and seating. So it appears to be the denim fabric, and not the cut of the trousers that makes them “jeans” and unacceptable in restaurants and lounges after 6:00 PM.

I am thankful for the replies to my post. We love and look forward to dress smart every evening. As first time Regent cruisers in a few weeks, I wanted to make sure my denim pants were appropriate for daytime ship life and tours. 

36 minutes ago, Doris Banting said:

I am thankful for the replies to my post. We love and look forward to dress smart every evening. As first time Regent cruisers in a few weeks, I wanted to make sure my denim pants were appropriate for daytime ship life and tours. 

You can wear anything you want anywhere and anytime except after 6PM inside a public space onboard (not including sneaking up to the deck in shorts with a bottle of wine). 😃 

On 3/29/2024 at 9:33 AM, rcandkc said:

Very true.

Dress code seems to still apply if you use the pool grill in the evening, or if there is a poolside buffet / deck party going on. But we sat out for sailaway and stars last night in shorts before going down at about 7pm to get ready for dinner 

1 hour ago, Timeflies said:

Dress code seems to still apply if you use the pool grill in the evening, or if there is a poolside buffet / deck party going on. But we sat out for sailaway and stars last night in shorts before going down at about 7pm to get ready for dinner 

If you are on Mariner on the WC (the only ship with the Pool Grill still open), the dress code doesn't apply as it is considered outside. Confirmed with a GM.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Doris Banting said:

How many "formal" nights on a 12 day cruise?

None. Only on cruises of 16 nights or more.

8 hours ago, GMIAC said:

Are there so-called "formal nights" on World Cruises? 

Actually I believe it will depend on when they segment the World Cruise.  As mentioned Formal Optional is only on cruises of 16 nights or more. So if no segment is 16 nights or longer then there will be no formal nights.  

• Thanks 1

On 3/29/2024 at 6:59 PM, Doris Banting said:

We will be boarding Grandeur 20th May. I will be dressing up every night, long evening dresses included I don’t want to wear on a cruise the same clothes I wear day to day at home. So it’s all my very best dresses and accessories. May be just me, but it’s part of the holiday for me, and my husband. I have had so many lovely positive comments made on my clothes, I wonder why so many passengers don’t want to dress up.

i wish Regent would go back to a more formal dress code, of an evening.We did a cruise on P & O in the Mediterranean and it was lovely to see everyone dressed up on the Captains night, even young girls in prom dresses. 

Why Regent have relaxed dress code defeats me. I’m going to keep doing what I’m doing and enjoy being on such a beautiful ship, surely the cost and luxury of these cruises warrant well dressed passengers. 

My opinion, but I hope valid.

🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳🛳

• Like 5

Great post. We love to dress up on board, my tux come out Mrs Fudge looks lovely in her best frock, we have become appalled at the way some folks dress for dinner, standards seem to have dropped across all cruise lines, not for the better im my opinion.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SnoBirdCruiser said:

Question: Does Regent allow men to wear baseball caps or cowboy hats while dining in the restaurants? I know they do not allow Denim Jeans after 6:00pm.

image.gif.0493cbae6cc6bc2f950830ef16f7e006.gif

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, SnoBirdCruiser said:

Question: Does Regent allow men to wear baseball caps or cowboy hats while dining in the restaurants? I know they do not allow Denim Jeans after 6:00pm.

Why would you want to wear either in a dining venue? Are you serious?

58 minutes ago, SnoBirdCruiser said:

Not after 6PM.

5 minutes ago, fudge said:

Why would you want to wear either in a dining venue? Are you serious?

Perhaps a little bit. I grew up in a home where males(boys or their friends) had to remove any caps, etc when entering and at the dining room table and to this day, I do not allow this in our home.

I have witnessed men wearing them in ships dining rooms,especially Stetsons. This ranks up there with persons chewing gum at a table.

P.S. I don't mind Denims at all for informal nights,but not on formal nights,yes my husband wears a tux and I evening clothes but only when we are on another cruise line. On RSSC it will be dinner jackets for him and country club for me.

If you are on the Grandeur on Feb.23,2025 perhaps we will meet.

• Like 1

So it seems that blue denim "jeans" are what is not acceptable.  So we have black "jeans" that I think look more dressy than a pair of khakis.  So do you think I will be turned away from the restaurant in the evening?  Also I was told a polo type shirt in the evening is acceptable, I guess since it has a collar.  To me they are a dressy form of a T-shirt! Ha!

23 minutes ago, lmsguy said:

So it seems that blue denim "jeans" are what is not acceptable.  So we have black "jeans" that I think look more dressy than a pair of khakis.  So do you think I will be turned away from the restaurant in the evening?  Also I was told a polo type shirt in the evening is acceptable, I guess since it has a collar.  To me they are a dressy form of a T-shirt! Ha!

Here is the published Dress Code from the website.  It states "no jeans after 6 pm."  You can do what you want, but it's a pretty casual dress code.  Why not just adhere to it? 

"Attire ranges from Casual to Formal Optional. Casual wear consists of resort-style outfits; some examples are jeans, shorts, t-shirts, and tennis shoes. Casual wear is appropriate for daytime both on board or ashore. Casual wear is not appropriate after 6:00 PM. On the night prior to disembarkation, guests may need to pack their luggage early due to morning flights the next day. With this in mind, on the last night of every voyage, we will relax the dress code for dinner to Casual.

Otherwise, the recommended onboard dress in the evenings is Elegant Casual. Dinner dress for ladies includes a skirt, or slacks with a blouse or sweater, a pant suit or dress; slacks and a collared shirt for gentlemen. Sport jackets are optional. Casual wear is not to be worn at dinner. Ties are not required.

On sailings of 16 nights or more, Formal and Semi-Formal attire is optional on two of the evenings. On the two Formal Optional evenings, guests are welcome to dress as per the elegant Casual dress code or opt for a more formal choice of clothing including gowns and cocktail dresses for ladies; tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits with tie for gentlemen."