Curious

Cruisedreamer1

That would fit our experience in Riviera Jan 14-28 when Martinique was cancelled [along with Guadaloupe – so it seems to be a French Caribbean thing].  But isn't 'asking Alexa' even a lower standard of research than 'the Google'???

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

That would fit our experience in Riviera Jan 14-28 when Martinique was cancelled [along with Guadaloupe – so it seems to be a French Caribbean thing].  But isn't 'asking Alexa' even a lower standard of research than 'the Google'???

Where did you go instead of Martinique? We are supposed to be stopping there in early March. Please don’t say it’s a French thing because if we miss St Barts too, I might just cry!!

We are Booked on the Riviera February 26th departure.  On February 8th an Oceania eMail advised that an Itinerary change had cancelled Martinique and replaced it with Roseau, Domenica.  The ship’s Land Excursions for Domenica were made available yesterday.  

St. Barts is still scheduled for the first Port. Cruising is a fluid activity…

4 hours ago, kjbacon said:

Where did you go instead of Martinique? We are supposed to be stopping there in early March. Please don’t say it’s a French thing because if we miss St Barts too, I might just cry!!

St. Barts is not a problem (I don't know why); nor is St. Maarten (you dock on the Dutch side then go to the French side by land and since there is no border, they can't stop you)

itinerary when booked            itinerary at embarkation         actual itinerary

Miami                                        Miami                                         Miami

at sea                                        at sea                                          at sea

Puerto Plata, DR                      Puerto Plata, DR                       Puerto Plata, DR

San Juan, PR                            San Juan, PR                            at sea

St. Johns, Antigua                   Philipsburg, St. Maarten        Philipsburg, St. Maarten    

Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe    Pointe a Pitre, Guadeloupe     St. Johns, Antigua

Bridgetown, Barbados            Bridgetown, Barbados             Bridgetown, Barbados

St. George's, Grenada             St. George's, Grenada              Bridgetown, Barbados (day 2)

Kingstown, St. Vincent           Kingstown, St. Vincent             at sea

Fort-De-France, Martinique    Basseterre, St. Kitts                Philipsburg, St. Maarten (day 2)

Castries, St. Lucia                   Castries, St. Lucia                     Tortola, BVI

Gustavia, St. Barts                  Gustavia, St. Barts                     Gustavia, St. Barts

at sea                                        at sea                                           at sea

at sea                                        at sea                                           at sea

Miami                                        Miami                                          Miami

As you can see, they were scrambling for months before this cruise ... and every day during!  But the bottom line (for me) is that Riviera is nicer than any Caribbean island so I was happy no matter where we went even though we had a very interesting private excursion set up for Martinique.

Thank you both for the info. I’m disappointed about Martinique, having never been there and I had a great sounding excursion booked. I’m excited for St Barts though, the other island on the itinerary that we hadn’t been to yet (and I hear they have excellent French wines there). Still, Dominica is a beautiful island and we have had only fabulous excursions there. Who knows what will be by March 8!?! Besides, any Caribbean island on any cruise is always a good thing 🌴

Domenica is very beautiful and totally less developed than many other islands. If I knew we would sail there I would set up a private tour with Woody who gave our group one of the best tours ever anywhere.

Given the Covid restrictions, are we allowed to book private tours?

6 hours ago, Cruisedreamer1 said:

Domenica is very beautiful and totally less developed than many other islands. If I knew we would sail there I would set up a private tour with Woody who gave our group one of the best tours ever anywhere.

Given the Covid restrictions, are we allowed to book private tours?

In Dominica, did Woody take you snorkeling, plus some touring by land?  I'm thinking that's who we toured with when we were there.

25 minutes ago, calicakes said:

Does anyone know what dock Oceania uses for St. Lucia?  

you can check the port website   for the berth 

http://ports.slaspa.com:2008/

Just click on the date you will be there

We have docked both side of the basin

Itinerary  show you are at anchor but port authority show Port Seraphine