Covid testing prior to boarding flights

kevboy

P&O advise to get to airports up to 5 hours before flying in order that all checks and testing can be carried out in time. Any positives need to be found before arriving at destination. What happens with regard to LF testing on arrival at airport prior to flying to joinCruise ship abroad? We would obviously arrive with all our baggage but do we dispose of them prior to queing for Covid test ( similar to arriving at Southampton) or do we drag them around with us until finally getting to flight check in desk. We are flying out of manchester and I dont see how they could shepherd us all backwards and forwards to testing station. If anyone has experienced the procedure I would be grateful for any info or advice.

kevboy

26 minutes ago, kevboy said:

P&O advise to get to airports up to 5 hours before flying in order that all checks and testing can be carried out in time. Any positives need to be found before arriving at destination. What happens with regard to LF testing on arrival at airport prior to flying to joinCruise ship abroad? We would obviously arrive with all our baggage but do we dispose of them prior to queing for Covid test ( similar to arriving at Southampton) or do we drag them around with us until finally getting to flight check in desk. We are flying out of manchester and I dont see how they could shepherd us all backwards and forwards to testing station. If anyone has experienced the procedure I would be grateful for any info or advice.

kevboy

My understanding is that you cannot check in until you receive a negative test result, so your luggage stays with you. 

Edited by wowzz

We did this in November. We took our luggage to the testing station near terminal one … we got a friend to drop us off (that cost £5) following our results we then walked via the connecting walkways to flight check in .  You can’t  check in until you have the sticker on your passport saying you are negative . It wasn’t too bad in all.

Edited by janieb1962

We flew from Manchester for the first Azura cruise after the lay off. We had booked the car in at the west car park at the airport. This meant that we parked up and then had to walk with our luggage to the testing station, get tested and wait for the result then walk back to terminal 2 and wait to check in. We are not young and, yes it took us 5 hours to do all that and then we could have something to eat. We were absolutely worn out as were so many others. Nightmare. Don’t know if it is any better now. It wouldn’t have been as bad if we could have used the testing station at terminal 2 but we had to use the one as instructed by P&O which is by the train station. Handy for terminals 1 and 3 but the worst option for terminal 2.

good luck!!

3 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Don't think so. I was looking at a cruise on Azura starting in Malta.

So no one will have flown out of Bristol under the new protocols yet,  so unfortunately no one can answer your question.

I did this in early December. Got the taxi to drop me off at the rail station with all my luggage. The testing centre was just inside the doors and round the corner….it was well signed. I had all my luggage which had to stay with me. I joined the queue, had the test, waited about 30 minutes for the result, got my passport stamped and then walked to terminal 2 to check in. The queues for check in were awful and it took nearly 2 hours as there was only 4 desks open and one of them was only taking premium seat passengers. Apparently it’s still as bad at the check in desks in terminal 2. Just allow plenty of time and a whole lot of patience. I really needed that first drink 🍹 when I got onboard but it was worth it. 😊

Hi 

we're flying from Gatwick to Barbados soon too, there is a testing site apparently in the North Terminal, this is the terminal that the flight will be leaving from. For the LFT that P and O provide for free, this is taken at a site next door to APH car park, done by Collinsons I believe. P and O provide a shuttle bus to the site (about 10 minutes away) and I've been told by our TA that all passengers will be directed to the shuttle buses by their staff. This testing site opens at 6:30am for P and O and 8:00am for all other people requiring a test. We are parking at the APH car park so will park the car and then walk round to the test centre. It seems a bit of a faff but I'm sure it will all be ok on the day.