Miami cruise port to FLL

M&Dcruisers

I don't know if Oceania offers a shuttle to FLL.  However, I usually fly home from FLL after the Oceania cruise ends in Miami and I use Uber to get to FLL.  It's not very expensive and I've had no problem getting a ride.  Depending on traffic, my experience has been that the ride from the pier in Miami to FLL can take from less than 45 minutes to a bit more than 75 minutes.

• Like 1

In December on Riviera they offered a tour/transfer that took guests around Miami and ultimately dropped them at FLL or MIA but required a mid afternoon flight time. 

We took a cab to FLL and it was about  45 minutes with a little detour, cost about $85. They we’re not offering a flat rate at the time so not sure if I paid too much or not.  I have used some private Miami car services and of course there is Uber and Lyft.

Our March trip will be in/out of MIA so the ride should be short and cost $30 something via a taxi.

good luck,

Mauibabes

• Like 1

Usually near the end of the cruise you get  a sheet to book transfers or tours  etc... for disembarking info

Now that they are including free transfer  not sure how it works

Before  they gave you several options   Ship to airport

ship to airport with a tour included

They had both FLL & MIA  listed

You could just  choose to disembark & do your own taxi/Uber  also

They usually ask for your flight time so you get the luggage tags  to they will be ready for you when disembarking

Maybe someone currently onboard will comment 

3 hours ago, mauibabes said:

In December on Riviera they offered a tour/transfer that took guests around Miami and ultimately dropped them at FLL or MIA but required a mid afternoon flight time. 

We took a cab to FLL and it was about  45 minutes with a little detour, cost about $85. They we’re not offering a flat rate at the time so not sure if I paid too much or not.  I have used some private Miami car services and of course there is Uber and Lyft.

Our March trip will be in/out of MIA so the ride should be short and cost $30 something via a taxi.

good luck,

Mauibabes

Do yourself a favor and start using that Uber app. We started a few years ago and I can't remember taking a taxi since, unless it's somewhere that I either didn't have an international plan or Uber didn't operate there. Why you might ask?  My experience has been, nicer cars, nicer drivers, better prices(usually about 1/2 of a taxi. What's to not like? I don't see a downside. 

We always fly in and out of Fort Lauderdale for Miami departures and use a shared ride service both directions.  Reliable, easy and $15 per person.  Email me and I can give you the contact info. margnewman"at" aol "dot" com

26 minutes ago, ORV said:

Do yourself a favor and start using that Uber app. We started a few years ago and I can't remember taking a taxi since, unless it's somewhere that I either didn't have an international plan or Uber didn't operate there. Why you might ask?  My experience has been, nicer cars, nicer drivers, better prices(usually about 1/2 of a taxi. What's to not like? I don't see a downside. 

Also choice of vehicle.  You can book a regular car at a lower fare – usually a Corolla, so ok in town but no good for us from a cruise with too much luggage – or an XL vehicle with tons of room for 2 people plus lots of luggage [that would be us!].  And we have never had to wait more than 5 minutes.  Then the App takes care of the payment, so you aren't pulling out your wallet to pay (or even tip) the driver.  Makes it so much easier. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

We are on Sirena out of Miami on November 18 and considering booking a return flight out of FLL. As of now, on the shore excursion site there is nothing listed for day 11 in Miami. I am used to other cruise lines (first time on O) showing those tour/transfers to airport as a shore excursion. Should I still assume those will be offered even though they aren't showing now? Does anyone know more about what's offered most recently and what the cost might be? I know Sirena is only arriving in Miami from Europe on the day we depart so have to rely on how things worked last season. 

We are on the same cruise.We are also flying out of FLL.  We will just take an Uber.  It should be less than $75 for two people.  We are also flying into FLL on Wednesday night, and taking an Uber Friday to  the port.  

The cost, ease and convienence of an Uber makes it our preferred method of transportation for things like this.

At this point I do not think they will offer a transfer to FLL.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, sbcs5390 said:

We are on Sirena out of Miami on November 18 and considering booking a return flight out of FLL. As of now, on the shore excursion site there is nothing listed for day 11 in Miami. I am used to other cruise lines (first time on O) showing those tour/transfers to airport as a shore excursion. Should I still assume those will be offered even though they aren't showing now? Does anyone know more about what's offered most recently and what the cost might be? I know Sirena is only arriving in Miami from Europe on the day we depart so have to rely on how things worked last season. 

They will usually have something  once onboard 

Usually a few days before disembarkation they send a form to the cabin  with options  to transfer to FLL or MIA  plus a tour 

I would ask at the desk a few days into the cruise  so you can make a plan  or just book something on your own

They used to offer the bus HOHO tour with a drop off at either  airport

https://www.bigbustours.com/en/miami/ship-to-shore-miami

• Thanks 1

anyone ever take the train...from Mia airport to fll airport? 

tri rail.....

but uber from port to fll airport may be the way to go, save the fee for the transfer from ship to airport..go directly with uber to FLL.....

how easy is it to get an uber at the miami cruise port after the cruise?