Gratuities/Service Charges Clarification

highseaschick

Can someone please clarify for me... besides gratuties/charges for drinks ordered, if I choose to do the cruise only rate, are there any other charges at the end of my cruise that automatically charge to my account or do I have to add them on my own? I am a little confused as even though I can choose the cruise only rate, the next screen asks if I would like to add pre paid gratuities. I am very confused about what to expect if I go this route and I appreciate the feedback.  Thanks!

Since you selected Cruise Only, you’ll get your Gratuties added to your On Board Acct each day automatically as you said. You can pick, as was offered, pre-paid gratuities, which are added to your Final Payment you’d make for the cruise prior and then they wouldn’t be added daily and be paid at the end. 

As to what is added on the cruise, yes drinks, specialty restaurants you’d book and go to, anything you’d buy in any of the ship stores, ship tours you’d book on board….only things you’d pick and choose to buy on board. 

Den

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, highseaschick said:

Can someone please clarify for me... besides gratuties/charges for drinks ordered, if I choose to do the cruise only rate, are there any other charges at the end of my cruise that automatically charge to my account or do I have to add them on my own? I am a little confused as even though I can choose the cruise only rate, the next screen asks if I would like to add pre paid gratuities. I am very confused about what to expect if I go this route and I appreciate the feedback.  Thanks!

With the simply sale rate, you have the choice Of prepaying the gratuities or they can be added to your cruise account on a daily basis.

Okay, so either way, they are the same charges and it just amounts to being paid upfront or at the end of the cruise? It just gets confusing to me as if they are the same either way, why would I choose one option over the other? Please bear with me as I am just trying to understand. lol

It could all come down to timing.

Maybe you want to dump all your charges onto a credit card at a certain time.

Maybe you just like knowing that every gratuities are prepaid before you get on the ship.

Or maybe you want to wait until you’re on the ship so you can use onboard credit for the gratuity.

• Like 1

Just now, cruisestitch said:

It could all come down to timing.

Maybe you want to dump all your charges onto a credit card at a certain time.

Maybe you just like knowing that every gratuities are prepaid before you get on the ship.

Or maybe you want to wait until you’re on the ship so you can use onboard credit for the gratuity.

Thank you cruisestitch! That has clarified it a bit more. I also did not know that you could use OBC for gratuities and may make sense since I have a some extra credit that I may not use.