Princess post Alaska transfer time Whittier-Anchorage?

phabric

Any past cruise passengers that have taken a post airport Alaska transfer from Whittier to Anchorage?

I have booked my flight and transfer with Princess for Saturday Sept 3.

Princess itinerary shows the ship will arrive at 12:30am Whittier.

Air Canada has changed my flight from Anchorage to Vancouver to 12:50pm.  

Anybody know what time in the past did the transfer bus depart to Anchorage?

The train/tunnel schedule is the biggest question, as IF you beat it, great, but if not, you will sit for 30 minutes waiting for the lights to change over.  

I dont exactly remember how long it took , but in part I think that my last trip didnt take me to the airport, but to the downtown area.  That is good because you are not stuck in the airport for hours, you can walk around, visit a museum, have lunch and then go to the airport later in the day.  However, that does not seem to be your upcoming experience, and I dont remember the length of the trip, but I remember it being a nice drive!  

The luggage is offloaded overnight, but no pax disembark until the morning. Disembarkation commences around 6:30/7:00 for the train and then buses thereafter. It’s a 1.25-1.5 hour drive, and as someone else noted, there can be a 30 min wait at the Whittier Tunnel, depending on timing. A 12:50 PM flight is doable as long as there aren’t any unforeseen delays. That highway is known for road construction and accidents, which can shut down traffic for hours. This happened to us on the way to our cruise in Whittier one year. All the other times went smoothly, though. I’m just saying that it can happen, so you certainly wouldn’t wanna risk an earlier flight. Happy planning! 

1 hour ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

The luggage is offloaded overnight, but no pax disembark until the morning. Disembarkation commences around 6:30/7:00 for the train and then buses thereafter. It’s a 1.25-1.5 hour drive, and as someone else noted, there can be a 30 min wait at the Whittier Tunnel, depending on timing. A 12:50 PM flight is doable as long as there aren’t any unforeseen delays. That highway is known for road construction and accidents, which can shut down traffic for hours. This happened to us on the way to our cruise in Whittier one year. All the other times went smoothly, though. I’m just saying that it can happen, so you certainly wouldn’t wanna risk an earlier flight. Happy planning! 

Always have a plan B.

DON

23 hours ago, donaldsc said:

Always have a plan B.

DON

That’s why it’s wise to fly Alaska Airlines when coming here because they have flights every 30-60 min to Seattle in the summer, loads of backups. Delta would rank second with a good quantity of flights. 

We are locals, so our way of playing it safe was to leave 4 hours early to drive to Whittier.