Concierge lounge Explorer?

Have not been on EX in many years.  Pulling up deck plans, still shows location on deck nine, and still called Concierge Lounge (not suite's lounge).  Anyone on recently that can verify this?   I know it was changed on sister ship Mariner...but not sure about EX.  Thanks in advance.  🙂 

Are you in suite?  If so, you would have access to it as the CL is the lounge used for suite guests on EX.

If you are Diamond or higher, you would also have access to the CL, however the Diamond Club on deck 14, which suite guests do not have access to, is IMO much nicer. 

I say that because if you have access to both, my preference would be the DC on EX.

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Have not been on EX in many years.  Pulling up deck plans, still shows location on deck nine, and still called Concierge Lounge (not suite's lounge).  Anyone on recently that can verify this?   I know it was changed on sister ship Mariner...but not sure about EX.  Thanks in advance.  🙂 

Recently off Explorer and the SL is on deck 14 next to the Cosmopolitan Lounge (Viking Lounge).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Cigar King said:

My understanding is that only suite guests currently have access to the CL/SL.

Thanks for the update.  That would be a rather recent development and as I have not been on a ship with a CL recently I certainly have no direct knowledge of anything different from what you say.  However, prior to the pandemic those CL's that were still called that and had not been converted to SL's allowed D+ / Pin as well.  But what you say would certainly make sense as that was the whole reason to move away from the CL to SL designation.  Pin still has access, however.

Well, this is clear as mud🤣🤣

Information shared so far.

CL still on 9

SL and DL on 14

Pretty sure Izumi is still up there on 14

Is Connoisseur Club now the Pinnacle lounge, or is it the new DL if SL took over the DL on 14.

Or did the old CL on 9 become the DL like Navigator. It seems on ships without Izumi on 14, the old cigar room is the new Pin Lounge

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

CL still on 9

SL and DL on 14

Is Connoisseur Club now the Pinnacle lounge, or is it the new DL if SL took over the DL on 14.

Or did the old CL on 9 become the DL like Navigator. It seems on ships without Izumi on 14, the old cigar room is the new Pin Lounge

Indeed it is!  Clear as mud thanks to many of us - certainly at least me!  Speculation based on prior experience and lack of information from too long without being on the ship in question!  😄😉

It would help if the deck plans were updated - doesn't help much.  Guess I'll have to book another cruise on EX.....

15 hours ago, Ashland said:

Recently off Explorer and the SL is on deck 14 next to the Cosmopolitan Lounge (Viking Lounge).

OK..thanks!   That is where it is on sister Mariner as well.  Actually took over the old card rooms opposite side.  

Of course RCI never bothered to update the deck plan.  😉   Old CL location on Mariner became four (I think was the number) new inside cabins.  

Edited by island lady

16 hours ago, DesireeC03 said:

Yes - we were just there last week.  Deck 9 right by aft elevators.  

PS - Subodh made the BEST lemon drops ever.  We had exceptional service.

OK...now I am confused.  But since you were just on EX...that makes sense.  Thanks for the current update!  🙂 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Are you in suite?  If so, you would have access to it as the CL is the lounge used for suite guests on EX.

If you are Diamond or higher, you would also have access to the CL, however the Diamond Club on deck 14, which suite guests do not have access to, is IMO much nicer. 

I say that because if you have access to both, my preference would be the DC on EX.

Pinnacle in a JS.  

But yes, agree.  The last couple of times we were on EX while the CL was still on deck nine...we never used it for cocktails preferred view and extra room of VCL, then the later addition of the DL up there.   But I did love the CL for morning coffee.  🙂 

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

CL still on 9

SL and DL on 14

Yup.  My head is spinning.  😵

Oh well...will check it out in person on our B2B in three weeks.  😉 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, island lady said:

Yup.  My head is spinning.  😵

Oh well...will check it out in person on our B2B in three weeks.  😉 

The lounge on 9 is called concierge lounge and is for the suite guests to enjoy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DesireeC03 said:

The lounge on 9 is called concierge lounge and is for the suite guests to enjoy

That has been referenced by others - including myself in my first post.  But others have questioned the current accuracy of that based on reported recent experience.  And it does not appear that the deck plans have been updated.  Have you recently sailed on EX to confirm?

3 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

That has been referenced by others - including myself in my first post.  But others have questioned the current accuracy of that based on reported recent experience.  And it does not appear that the deck plans have been updated.  Have you recently sailed on EX to confirm?

DesireeC03 posted they were on last week.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

DesireeC03 posted they were on last week.   

Missed that!  (Just to add to the confusion!)  Thanks for pointing that out.  Not helping much -  I think I will exit the thread now........😉

Have a great cruise and I hope you enjoy the CL / SL / DL's on whatever decks they are on and that you have full access to any and all!

Just now, leaveitallbehind said:

Missed that!  (Just to add to the confusion!)  Thanks for pointing that out.  Not helping much -  I think I will exit the thread now........😉

Noo...don't leave.  We are all learning something!  🙂  

• Haha 3