Haven Question

rick160158

If you are in an owners suite, deluxe owners suite, or garden villa, you get bottles of alcohol and mixers included. Anything below the owners suite would be for an additional charge. You can have all of the mini-bar items removed and get pitches of juices and tea to put in the fridge, but sodas and alcohol are extra.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FLcruisergrl said:

If you are in an owners suite, deluxe owners suite, or garden villa, you get bottles of alcohol and mixers included. Anything below the owners suite would be for an additional charge. You can have all of the mini-bar items removed and get pitches of juices and tea to put in the fridge, but sodas and alcohol are extra.

So you can buy a bar set up if wanted? Are the bottle reasonable or doubled like wine is usually? 

21 minutes ago, jetact said:

So you can buy a bar set up if wanted? Are the bottle reasonable or doubled like wine is usually? 

I don’t remember exact pricing, but I remember it being pretty expensive. We aren’t huge drinkers, so I was just glancing at the information.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Define "reasonable"!

https://www.cruisewithgambee.com/norwegian-drink-lists/   Scroll down until pass "Corks and Caps" to read the Bar Set-up Menu.

Thank you very much for that information. Yes bottles look to be a bit over double regular price. 

Edited by jetact
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, jetact said:

Thank you very much for that information. Yes bottles look to be a bit over double regular price. 

First of all, I hope you have a fantastic time.  I want to tell you a story, I know this is not your situation but I thought you would enjoy hearing it.  I recently sailed on the NCL Joy in the H2 Haven Deluxe Owners Suite.  As another post stated, that is the only suite that has refills upon consumption of soda's and waters. The suite also came with three bottles of spirits.  

I love having a cocktail at night on the balcony.  One of my favorite things.  We also had the Premium Plus Beverage package which allowed my wife to order full bottles of selected wines and take the balance back to the room. 

I came home with all three bottles of spirits in my back.  We never opened them.  I know that sounds crazy but we always came back to the room right from the bar.  As other indicated, all things in your suite fridge has a cost to it in any other room (some very rare exception).  If you want a bottle, you now have the price list.  

I was absolutely shocked I never crack those bottles.  I really hope you have the voyage of a life time.

Cruise well.

• Like 3

Have no idea was Haven Suite category you are in.  But the Haven suites H6, in the Haven proper, now have the mini fridges empty, no more mini bottles of liquor for purchase.  You can request like we did juices to be stored there.  this was on our Bliss Cruise January 2022.  If you have the "drink" pkg, you can bring back to your room any and all drinks you want. " Champagne" was in our room on arrival, iced, we never did drink it.  Between being in the Haven or because we are platinum Plus, there was 6 cardboard containers of water about quart size waiting in our room.  Plenty of room in mini fridge to cool them.

10 hours ago, Sthrngary said:

First of all, I hope you have a fantastic time.  I want to tell you a story, I know this is not your situation but I thought you would enjoy hearing it.  I recently sailed on the NCL Joy in the H2 Haven Deluxe Owners Suite.  As another post stated, that is the only suite that has refills upon consumption of soda's and waters. The suite also came with three bottles of spirits.  

I love having a cocktail at night on the balcony.  One of my favorite things.  We also had the Premium Plus Beverage package which allowed my wife to order full bottles of selected wines and take the balance back to the room. 

I came home with all three bottles of spirits in my back.  We never opened them.  I know that sounds crazy but we always came back to the room right from the bar.  As other indicated, all things in your suite fridge has a cost to it in any other room (some very rare exception).  If you want a bottle, you now have the price list.  

I was absolutely shocked I never crack those bottles.  I really hope you have the voyage of a life time.

Cruise well.

Maybe you should add that if you had a cocktail on your balcony you had to get it yourself at a bar as the drink package does not allow butlers to bring drinks to room unless that has changed.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the stupid question, but I could not find any sure info anywhere.

We never were on NCL before. And we will be in - in Haven - in October of 2023.

On the other cruise lines you often get some alcohol options included with the suites. Depending on the cabin type. Or even for everybody.

Is for example Haven bar included? Or is it upcharge?

We are not big drinkers. But we like to have wine and beer in the room. So you can just take a bottle out, and go to the balcony with the drink. I usually buy beer and wine in advance - from the cruise line. But I could not find any pre-paid beer options with NCL? Is there any?! Where can you get bottled beer to keep in your room?!

The sailing is in Europe - maybe that's why? Or this is just not a option on NCL?

Even the wine selection to pre-pay for is extremely limited. 

Also in the suites we had some kind of sparkling wine on the embarkation day in the room. Is that the case with NCL? And what kind they give you? I only normally drink very dry - brut of some kind. As I tend to have bad headaches from sweeter sparkling wines or any sweet wines actually. So I am debating if I should just pay for Veuve Clicquot or Moet, to make sure I have something I can drink? As I might just have to skip on the option they have as a "present"?

We will be in Haven 2-bedroom family cabin.

Thank you in advance for the information!

Edited by JoieNsk