Does Celebrity offer transportation between SEA and Vancouver?

phoenix_dream

I know that, depending on the Covid situation, I can secure my own transportation between Seattle and Vancouver, but wondering if Celebrity ever offers any transportation?  My airline of choice only has two options for my July cruise into Vancouver and they are outrageously expensive.  I know it is still early, but as Covid eases I expect airline prices to be worse, not better.  

We found out the hard way once.. arrived in Seattle from Tucson, our flight was cancelled to Vancouver. We got our luggage and a taxi and raced with little time to spare to the train station. It was about $60 each in “business class” and four hours, but we did make it our hotel before midnight.  I think we arrived a couple days early…so the train is always an option..not quick but an option to get you there. 

I’ve done a number of cruises out of Vancouver and a a few times flew into Seattle, but never found any Celebrity support to get to Vancouver. Not a lot of cruise lines provide ‘connections’ from some city near a port city that has it’s own airports and so on. But if it exists, hope someone has the info you are looking for. I’d plan for other options. 

We also used the train from Seattle to Vancouver and it worked just fine. One heads up: use 1st Class. A bit more expensive, but well worth it. Not due to ease of use during the trip which had nice facilities, but 1st class had priority getting off the train in Vancouver, handled our luggage for us and we were able to zip over to get a taxi to the Vancouver port. All very quick. We talked later to some who used standard booking on the train, and it took them A Lot longer to get off, get their luggage and a taxi. All those pushy 1st Class took the taxi’s and they had to wait for them to return. 

Den

QUICK SHUTTLE offers a service from SEA to Canada Place Pier (where the cruise ships dock in Vancouver) and hotel stops in between.  It's less expensive than the train and takes about 4 hours as well.  While the train is a scenic ride following the Pacific Ocean (a good part of the way), the buses are quite nice and far more direct than the train as it's purpose is to transport people from Seattle SEATAC to the Vancouver port.  Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

I’ve done a number of cruises out of Vancouver and a a few times flew into Seattle, but never found any Celebrity support to get to Vancouver. Not a lot of cruise lines provide ‘connections’ from some city near a port city that has it’s own airports and so on. But if it exists, hope someone has the info you are looking for. I’d plan for other options. 

We also used the train from Seattle to Vancouver and it worked just fine. One heads up: use 1st Class. A bit more expensive, but well worth it. Not due to ease of use during the trip which had nice facilities, but 1st class had priority getting off the train in Vancouver, handled our luggage for us and we were able to zip over to get a taxi to the Vancouver port. All very quick. We talked later to some who used standard booking on the train, and it took them A Lot longer to get off, get their luggage and a taxi. All those pushy 1st Class took the taxi’s and they had to wait for them to return. 

Den

Just read your post and you are absolutely correct about going 1st Class as we did for a weekend in Seattle but the downfall of the Vancouver train terminal is that it is in a very rough part of town and I certainly would not want to have to wait for a taxi.  Just a heads up.

I live near the border. One option is Quick Shuttle, which has bus service from Seatac to the Canada Place cruise terminal multiple times a day. The drawback is multiple stops along the way and having to get off the bus at the border with all your bags to go through customs. What I recommend is taking an Alaska flight from Seatac to YVR and then a flat-rate taxi or skytrain to Canada Place. They have 7 or so flights a day, the prices are around $100 a day, and even cheaper if you have some Alaska miles or a mileage partner like American. The scenic route is via Amtrak, which is training now to resume service from Seattle to Vancouver. Their morning train used to get into Vancouver around 10:30 am,, with stops along the way and beautiful coastal views. Light rail from Seatac gets you to the downtown Seattle train station, and there's a Skytrain from the Vancouver train station to the cruise terminal. I'd recommend flying Alaska, since it's the quickest trip and best use of your vacation time, since you can spend more of it exploring Vancouver before the cruise. 

After adding in the extra time and expense of getting from Seattle to Vancouver (and back again), it's probably better to pay your airline of choice to fly you to Vancouver directly.  The airport train to the cruise terminal area is very convenient, fast, and inexpensive.  Several good hotels in that cruise port area, too.  Another consideration should be minimizing Covid exposure by limiting travel times. 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Kathy53 said:

Just read your post and you are absolutely correct about going 1st Class as we did for a weekend in Seattle but the downfall of the Vancouver train terminal is that it is in a very rough part of town and I certainly would not want to have to wait for a taxi.  Just a heads up.

k - there are rough parts in YVR?

bon voyage

14 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

After adding in the extra time and expense of getting from Seattle to Vancouver (and back again), it's probably better to pay your airline of choice to fly you to Vancouver directly.  The airport train to the cruise terminal area is very convenient, fast, and inexpensive.  Several good hotels in that cruise port area, too.  Another consideration should be minimizing Covid exposure by limiting travel times. 

I would normally agree, but right now prices from Chicago to YVR are running over $1000 pp on United for our dates!  (and we are gold status on United so really don't want to look elsewhere as we get priority boarding and free baggage as well as United Club entry from our credit card).  So considering other options.  Years ago we rented a car and drove back and forth - may consider that again as well as options suggested above.

Thanks everyone for your feedback!