Got A-02 Boarding Panorama for this Saturday

travelplus

Just checked the Online Checkin this afternoon and thought what the heck let me see if I can bump  up my Checkin Appointment  I was able to get it up from 1:30-2:00 to 12:00-12:30 PM which is better for me since I can checkout of my accommodation and go directly via Lyft or Uber to the Port.   So it pays to keep checking for an earlier checkin appointment and boarding position. I am A02 switched from D03.  What time does A02 board at?

Thanks.

Edited by travelplus
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, travelplus said:

Just checked the Online Checkin this afternoon and thought what the heck let me see if I can bump  up my Checkin Appointment  I was able to get it up from 1:30-2:00 to 12:00-12:30 PM which is better for me since I can checkout of my accommodation and go directly via Lyft or Uber to the Port.   So it pays to keep checking for an earlier checkin appointment and boarding position. I am A02 switched from D03.  What time does A02 board at?

Thanks.

Depends on when boarding starts. Currently A02 is the second group to board after the Suites and maybe wedding parties. By the time you clear check in you should be able to go directly on the ship.

• Like 1

I checked in 16 days out and got a 1pm boarding which I am not too happy about.  I called Carnival and they said there was nothing they could do.  If the ships are sailing at 90-95% they should bring back boarding for diamond and platinum members.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Colorado Cruzer said:

I had no idea once you checked in you should go in and check in again.  Is it the same process online as original check in or where do you go to do this to see about another time?  We check in on Friday night for a 3/12 Panorama cruise without a suite so no priority. thanks.

No juar click on Appointment Time ont he right  after your select " Boarding Documents"

11 hours ago, Colorado Cruzer said:

I had no idea once you checked in you should go in and check in again.  Is it the same process online as original check in or where do you go to do this to see about another time?  We check in on Friday night for a 3/12 Panorama cruise without a suite so no priority. thanks.

Remember the first time you are able to check in to go immediately to check in time and select the earliest. Then you can either go back to bed and complete checkin later, or finish it at that time. Later you can periodically click on check in time and click edit. That will show you options to change. If nothing excites you, just exit without changing.

I wouldn't get too excited about an early arrival time.

I've cruised four times post-restart and always had either A02 or A03 boarding groups.  Only once were we able to pretty much waltz right onto the ship, and that was because a later departure time had pushed everything back and there was plenty of time to get the ship ready for new passengers.

The other three times we arrived within our appointed time window and had to sit in the terminal for upwards of 30 minutes (once it was an hour) waiting to be called.  Each and every time the terminal was clogged up with people who arrived an hour or more before their appointment. 

Carnival should do a better job of aligning arrival times with when the ships will actually be ready to board, as well as enforcing arrival times.