MoveUp

foxnan

27 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Just going to a TA site and looking at the available rooms...

Thanks.  That doesn't necessarily show 'real' availability, since you can't see blocks of rooms in the hands of TA's, but you can get some sense of how empty it is.  

12 minutes ago, D C said:

Thanks.  That doesn't necessarily show 'real' availability, since you can't see blocks of rooms in the hands of TA's, but you can get some sense of how empty it is.  

Well, as of right now, 60% of AQ rooms are available when checking via this method. If any additional rooms are held by TAs, then that just means there are even more available rooms. So my point about there being a LOT of availability and my prospects of getting a minimum bid accepted holds true.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

Well, as of right now, 60% of AQ rooms are available when checking via this method. If any additional rooms are held by TAs, then that just means there are even more available rooms. So my point about there being a LOT of availability and my prospects of getting a minimum bid accepted holds true.

That's what I was hoping but at 3 days out... hope is fading..  

On our sailing, if looking at all category veranda rooms (all rooms between outside and concierge) there are over 100 rooms available...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gaynors said:

On our sailing, if looking at all category veranda rooms (all rooms between outside and concierge) there are over 100 rooms available...

I actually just checked.. and there are over 200 verandah cabins available!!!  

On 2/24/2022 at 1:08 PM, foxnan said:

My understanding is you do not get the CC points on an upgrade.  Points remain the same.

You do not get the points with a move up bid, but if you simply upgraded in the usual way, you would get the points. They were suggesting that it's better to check first what the cost would be to simply upgrade, and therefore get those points vs. the move up bid and not receiving them, depending on the difference in price it might be worth it.

24 minutes ago, Gaynors said:

I don't know anything about how far out Celebrity processes and awards upgrades. I have only ever done Norwegian's version of MoveUp, which does use the same PlusGrade system as Celebrity, and I was awarded my upgrade 48 hours prior to sailing.

4 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I don't know anything about how far out Celebrity processes and awards upgrades. I have only ever done Norwegian's version of MoveUp, which does use the same PlusGrade system as Celebrity, and I was awarded my upgrade 48 hours prior to sailing.

I wonder if they "internally-assign" upgrades without cabins in order to keep 'preferred' rooms (in the eye of the beholder) available, and then assign the upgrade cabins to those left over a few days ahead.

5 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I've had upgrades awarded anywhere between 48 hours and 21 days.   Most of the time they have been awarded between 2-7 days.     When I have not won,  at exactly 48 hours prior to the cruise the notice that my  bid was not accepted and has been cancelled is sent

Just received the email that my Move Up bid was not accepted (about 50 hours out from sail away time).  A little disappointed since it appeared like there were over 200 cabins available in the category I was bidding (inside to balcony).  Granted, I put in the minimum bid... but with that many cabins still available 🙄 .  More importantly got back negative COVID test results!   Equinox here we come!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Gaynors said:

Just received the email that my Move Up bid was not accepted (about 50 hours out from sail away time).  A little disappointed since it appeared like there were over 200 cabins available in the category I was bidding (inside to balcony).  Granted, I put in the minimum bid... but with that many cabins still available 🙄 .  More importantly got back negative COVID test results!   Equinox here we come!

This has diminished my hopes of a minimum bid for AQ to be accepted.

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

It seems I am now locked out of my bid for my March 19 sailing? When I view it, I don't see any option to change/cancel my bid and I don't have an option to bid on any other rooms.

I could be wrong but I would say that you have been upgraded and it is processing.  Usually the lockout if you failed doesn't occur until 48 hours prior to your cruise.

Are you using the original link confirming your bid.    If I use the original Invite I am locked out  but if I use the one either on the Manage Booking or the Confirmation I can get in and modify or cancel.

2 hours ago, sandancer said:

Also locked out of my bid so can’t increase the offer. Can still bid on the other categories though but the minimum bids are off limits for us. 

I get the same if I use the Original Invite to Bid -   However if I go in using the individual confirmation of each bid I made I can modify or cancel the bids.    I didn't bid on the Sunset Suite so still open to bid from this screen.    If I  go in using the web link on Manage Reservation I can only Modify the Penthouse Bid and not the RS.       If I go in using the Confirmation for the RS I can modify it but can't modify the Penthouse.    

image.thumb.png.d7434370a99d5a76ada88f10fdfef35f.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

It seems I am now locked out of my bid for my March 19 sailing? When I view it, I don't see any option to change/cancel my bid and I don't have an option to bid on any other rooms.

Mostly a lurker around here 😉 (I'm a newbie to Celebrity) but I'm on your March 19 sailing as well and wanted to add that just today 2 of my bids went to "expired" and my highest bid went to "pending" without the option to modify or add any other bids. I did discover as Jim mentioned above that even though one of my bids was previously "pending" without a link to modify on the MoveUp page, if I clicked on the link from the confirmation email to get to it I could still go in and edit it. Today it's different, though - no option to edit/modify anything. No credit card charge yet. Fingers crossed our bids were accepted!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I could be wrong but I would say that you have been upgraded and it is processing.  Usually the lockout if you failed doesn't occur until 48 hours prior to your cruise.

Are you using the original link confirming your bid.    If I use the original Invite I am locked out  but if I use the one either on the Manage Booking or the Confirmation I can get in and modify or cancel.

Clicking the link from my confirmation or clicking the link under Manage Reservation both take me to the same place where I can see my current bid is pending, two old bids that I cancelled previously, and no link to modify/change my pending bid and no link to place any new bids.

image.thumb.png.632806d7c205533078b7d88433029f8d.png

Edited by JamieLogical

Nevermind, just got this:

image.png.1b41ab3577244af1ec7aea5249436a9c.png

$70 total (I'm solo) for a 5-day isn't bad.... still preferred my free upgrade to AQ on my last Summit sailing where I even got to choose my room...

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 4

Okay, this is so weird. I assumed that because I got my upgrade, that meant they had processed all the bids....

I just checked the inventory and as compared to yesterday, there is one additional room in my old category available (2C) and one fewer room in my new category available (A2). Is it really possible that mine is the only upgrade they processed?!?! The only other changes to inventory I see are that there is one additional 12 inside cabin available and one fewer FV Family Veranda available....

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

$70 total (I'm solo) for a 5-day isn't bad.... still preferred my free upgrade to AQ on my last Summit sailing where I even got to choose my room...

So happy for you!

3 hours ago, mrb5000 said:

Mostly a lurker around here 😉 (I'm a newbie to Celebrity) but I'm on your March 19 sailing as well and wanted to add that just today 2 of my bids went to "expired" and my highest bid went to "pending" without the option to modify or add any other bids. I did discover as Jim mentioned above that even though one of my bids was previously "pending" without a link to modify on the MoveUp page, if I clicked on the link from the confirmation email to get to it I could still go in and edit it. Today it's different, though - no option to edit/modify anything. No credit card charge yet. Fingers crossed our bids were accepted!!

To me that looks like you may have been upgraded especially 16 days out.   Let us know when you find out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Congratulation...

I can tell how excited you are.   You have been watching the upgrade like a hawk for weeks.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Mcfcforever said:

I'm just over 30 days out and my move up bid has one expired and the other I can't modify in anyway. It seems a bit early to be accepted. Has anyone else had a move up bid accepted so early?

I think we may be on the same cruise - Equinox 3rd April? Both my bids are still pending, Aqua and Family veranda. The suite upgrade was too much this time. What I did notice was the minimum bids went up in the last few days - by about £100 each.

Wendy