NCL pulling visits to St Petersburg

dmsw00

This is what I predicted would happen. So now the Dawn will fill up with people transferring from Getaway. I was hoping for a half full ship. I'm on Aug. 16 Dawn and my cruise is on NCL web site for booking today. The itinerary was just updated 3 days ago.

I seen this on FB

[quote]

CANCELLED: Norwegian Getaway's cruises with embarkation dates from June 14, 2022, through and including October 9, 2022. 
The health, safety and security of our guests, crew and communities we visit is our top priority. As previously communicated on February 24, 2022, due to the escalated situation between Russia and Ukraine we made the decision to alter itineraries and remove calls to St. Petersburg, Russia from our sailings for the remainder of the year. After further review, today we have made the difficult decision to cancel Norwegian Getaway's cruises with embarkation dates from June 14, 2022, through and including October 9, 2022. We share your disappointment and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, but also hope you can understand the necessity of this action.
Thank you for your patience over the last two years and thank you for your eagerness to set sail with us. Because this unexpected incident has impacted your long-awaited vacation, we want to do our very best for you. As such, you will receive a full refund that will automatically be returned to the original form of payment provided at the time of your current reservation. No further action is required on your part; your refund will be automatically processed within thirty business days and will be returned within seven to ten business days from the processed date. The visibility of the funds is dependent on your financial institution's internal policies.
If your most current reservation was paid via a Future Cruise Credit (FCC), 100% of the FCC used will be re-applied to your Latitudes account. No further action is required; the FCC will be automatically added within seven business days.
Given this unforeseen circumstance, in addition to the 100% refund or full return of your FCC, the following offers may also be available when you choose to rebook:
- 10% OFF discount on your next cruise with us, combinable with all available promotions at the time of booking. The 10% OFF discount will be added to your Latitudes account and will be available as of March 21, 2022. This discount can be used to make a booking from March 21, 2022, through March 21, 2023 and can be applied towards any sailings through December 31, 2023.
- 70% OFF 2nd GUEST! For a limited time only, take advantage of our current promotion if you book a new cruise by March 31, 2022 for any published voyage through 2024 and receive 70% OFF the 2nd GUEST!
- TAKE ALL! Again, for a very limited time, if you book a new cruise by March 31, 2022 for any published voyage through 2024, you may TAKE ALL! This limited time offer is a tremendous value allowing you to add all five of our Free at Sea amenities (TAKE ALL!) when you reserve select stateroom categories for any published voyage. Amenities include a free unlimited beverage package, free specialty dining, a free Wi-Fi package, free shore excursion credits and reduced rates for family and friends - a value of up to $4,000 per person!
- A $150 Free Credit + Lower Deposit! If you purchase a $150 CruiseFirst certificate, which is a certificate towards your next cruise, we will match it with an additional $150 credit. For CruiseFirst terms and conditions, please visit www.ncl.com/terms/cruisefirst
The combined value of these offers is well over $4,000 per person. Should you wish to rebook a similar itinerary, please visit https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-baltic-sailings-2022-2023-2024
.If you have any questions, please contact us at (866) 234-7350, visit us at www.ncl.com
 or contact your travel advisor.
For guests outside of the US/CA requiring a local number please visit www.ncl.com
 for contact details when handling your reservation.

[/quote]

also more cancels cruises:
image.png.edefa580d4e77eeef1a9303ad3e31eed.png

LIVID.

What they are offering is total crap - how do they send an email offering us 20% off the booked cruise fare and a promise of rescheduling stops...and then follow with complete cancellation and only 10% off an alternate cruise.

Not to mention, they've now completely changed what's in the "Free at Sea" packages and we had free gratuities on this cruise (no longer offered).

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Why do they cancel cruises from June and keep the cruises in May which are closer and more in risk?

It may be a matter of port availability, # of bookings, other options available depending on the ship.  Probably whatever plans they have made for the ship won't happen until after May, so will either keep the itinerary or cancel later.

We were booked on the Getaway 9/3.  It was with the triple point promo, but now cancelled.  I had applied a 10% coupon to it.  Don't know if I'll even get that back, let along the 10% NCL is supposed to give for cancelling this one.  

I used two other 10% coupons (from cancelled cruises) in Dec., and an upcoming 3/29 cruise respectively.  Some people reported NCL doesn't give any more 10% coupon for people who had them before.   That included me because for another cancelled cruise, I didn't get the 10% coupon.  So I may be marked to not get any more 10% coupons any more.

This may not be related, but Getaway has been added to Orkney (Scotland) port schedule for 12th May. It is supposed to be a day at sea according to NCL. Also, the port schedule lists that it has travelled from Portland and will continue to Southampton, which are both not listed on that itinerary. Even though May/June cruises aren’t cancelled, it looks like there may still be a bit of switching round.

2 minutes ago, SummmerInKefalonia said:

So maybe it will home-ported in Southampton, like Enchanted Princess.

@Ulsteinvik That's were it will head probably.

Yea but I am pretty sure the Orkney call is an old call from the former planned TA. She is also booked on 19 May 2022 since 1 year in Le Havre but then they modified the TA and the Le Havre call to 07th May 2022. So let's wait and see where we will find Getaway after the 14th June..

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ulsteinvik said:

Yea but I am pretty sure the Orkney call is an old call from the former planned TA. She is also booked on 19 May 2022 since 1 year in Le Havre but then they modified the TA and the Le Havre call to 07th May 2022. So let's wait and see where we will find Getaway after the 14th June..

So again we have no clue! 😛

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ulsteinvik said:

We shall see, but its one to keep an eye on! 👀

2 hours ago, horseboarder said:

So if you are scheduled to sail May through the June 5 embarkation your safety is not of concern? 

Correct.  This is about NCL's not being able to fill ships due to all the people canceling their Baltic cruises either because of concern over the possibility that the Russia situation will escalate or the dropping of SPB.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 6:41 PM, ocdb8r said:

LIVID.

What they are offering is total crap - how do they send an email offering us 20% off the booked cruise fare and a promise of rescheduling stops...and then follow with complete cancellation and only 10% off an alternate cruise.

Not to mention, they've now completely changed what's in the "Free at Sea" packages and we had free gratuities on this cruise (no longer offered).

Does the second guest 70% off extend to the person you're travelling with? 

Like, do I get 10% and my wife gets 70% off? 

12 hours ago, AppleDumpling said:

Does the second guest 70% off extend to the person you're travelling with? 

Like, do I get 10% and my wife gets 70% off? 

It's not actually 10% off - they are placing a credit on your Latitudes account equal to 10% of the value/fare of your original booking (that was cancelled).  Best part, looks like the 10% they are giving us is calculated AFTER the 20% discount they placed on the fare when they first just cancelled the St. P stop.  Ridiculous.

Also, don't be fooled by the "second guest" 70% discount - they are just repeating what the current sales promotion is (i.e. this is not any additional discount, its the same pricing offered to everyone under the current promotion).

3 hours ago, ocdb8r said:

It's not actually 10% off - they are placing a credit on your Latitudes account equal to 10% of the value/fare of your original booking (that was cancelled).  Best part, looks like the 10% they are giving us is calculated AFTER the 20% discount they placed on the fare when they first just cancelled the St. P stop.  Ridiculous.

Also, don't be fooled by the "second guest" 70% discount - they are just repeating what the current sales promotion is (i.e. this is not any additional discount, its the same pricing offered to everyone under the current promotion).

we have a option on a new cruise and my husband get's really 70% off the price. But how it's whit the 10%?

12 hours ago, ocdb8r said:

Starting to understand why people got upset...

So this is interesting… the 7/11 getaway cruise has been removed from my NCL app… but I can still see it in my big box TA app (I got the notification it was cancelled, they just haven’t taken it off yet)… but now the “title” of the cruise has changed to Europe and the Mediterranean… wondering if we will see the getaway pop back up in a few days with all new routes.