Live from “Just a Regular Cruise” on The Majestic Princess - February 26th

pkt1976

We passed the Royal Princess last night, I believe there are no passengers on the Royal yet. 

deck 9 is still closed off for quarantine cabins. 

dinner last night was in the mdr and I had the mahi mahi. 

i spent some time in the Enclave and Hollywood pool last night. 

the tubs in the area were actually hot this time!! Last year I was calling them the Luke warm tubs. 

off to the meet and greet now! 

C9D94661-C6E0-4E22-A0D6-811A755EBCD6.jpeg

EDF0F94A-8771-4D9E-99A7-120D21CE778F.jpeg

• Like 2

On 2/26/2022 at 3:06 PM, pkt1976 said:

Boarding was quick and easy. I got here about 1145 and was on by noon, even though I had to get my medallion here. 

i had my Normal first lunch in the dining room, bought my non alcoholic drink package, already got my luggage and unpacked!! Muster on the tv is done and I stopped by and scanned at my muster station. I really do like how quick and simple this is now compared to the past

So we have 4 time changes this sailing, two down and two back. 

Also here is my mini bar set up, which is a bit odd, and todays patter. 

we have a group sail away party at 4 so Of I go! 

im meeting up for dinner at 7 but want to see the 8:30 show so will likely not go through all courses. There’s only one Princess theater show tonight. 

and do you see it? Karaoke is back!! Shall I torture my fellow passengers ? 😉😈

706A5EE4-0B65-4FA3-804A-6148E46541A5.jpeg

50F414F5-28F8-4C68-93D7-A0B3D0701364.jpeg

BA7564F3-025E-4B4E-BBDB-7D84CD14A75B.jpeg

339DF967-B2A5-4C5C-BA79-5B42BE347B17.jpeg

Can't say I've ever seen a minibar setup like THAT before! @pkt1976Go for the karaoke! You're on a holiday. Enjoy everything you can - one day, I hope to join you.

• Like 1

For what it’s worth, it’s March 1. Unless I’ve somehow missed it, there has been no commnication regarding an end to the mask requirement. Nothing in the Patter, no ship announcement, no change in signage. A few people have jumped the gun and are wandering around the indoors areas maskless, but otherwise it’s no change from yesterday. Darn. 

I have consoled myself with a cinnamon sugar doughnut and now the inside of my mask smells like a cinnamon sugar doughnut. So it’s not all bad!

Edited by coastcat
  • Like 2

These letters were also delivered to our cabins. My thoughts are with all of the innocent people caught up in this and their loved ones. There are many cruise ship employees from that area. They didn’t choose this and like so many innocent people around the world, my thoughts are with them all. 

DDACA606-CA1B-49A6-92F1-C789FE05AC5F.jpeg

• Like 2

internet voucher for CREW ???  what kind of internet "allowance" do they get, if any ?? - how much does CREW have to pay for onboard internet ??  I know they know 'all the places' on shore for free internet, but how often are they getting to go ashore these days ??

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

internet voucher for CREW ???  what kind of internet "allowance" do they get, if any ?? - how much does CREW have to pay for onboard internet ??  I know they know 'all the places' on shore for free internet, but how often are they getting to go ashore these days ??

I don’t know for sure, I think I remember the daily cost from last time but don’t want to post inaccurate information. The amount is quite low per day but it of course adds up. 

at least on this ship here in Mexico, crew are allowed time off in port. The rules vary by port. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2022 at 12:29 PM, coastcat said:

All aboard! I’m impressed once again at the efficiency of Princess check-in. I boarded the Crowne Plaza shuttle about 45 minutes ago and I’m now awaiting a pizza and glass of Pinot Grigio at (the very busy) Alfredo’s. 

5EC8EBC3-8B55-46A9-9E21-27329D0E1CC3.jpeg

Looks like you got that sh^&ty table by the host station.