La Petite Chef Table or Tuscan Grill onSummit?

ranchingal

Le Petit Chef has 2 seating a night, has a set menu that is timed to the animation.
Everyone is served the starter at the same time, that is cleared and everyone served the main course, etc.  No lingering over a course, or a cup of coffee or extra glass of wine.   Too structured for what we would want for a special occasion.  So therefore we would choose Tuscan, the filet is excellent.

Tuscan used to have a private room (I think it was called the Wine Cellar?) which was generally used for larger parties that was quite lovely and would be more intimate than the general restaurant. Since you are celebrating a special occasion you might still be able to reserve it if they don't have a larger party scheduled to dine there. It may have been cut though when they did the Revolution updates. I was last on Summit in Jan 2019 right before the Revolution changes.

Have you looked at menus for both?  I personally prefer Le Petit (original menu plus the other menu).  I think it's cute.  Is it something I would do on every cruise, no.  The food was very good though.  Tuscan, eh.  Not my favorite. It's not that the food is bad but the preparation of some things I think need to be improved. I have felt this for both times I went, on two different ships.  My mom agrees with me.  My dad and boyfriend loved what they had.  So, as with any restaurant, food is subjective. 

Service was great in both places but there is definitely more interaction with the server in Tuscan because it isn't set to a timed schedule like in Le Petit.  We never felt rushed in Le Petit even though it has a 'schedule'. 

I haven't been on the Summit so the actual spaces on there are slightly different than where I dined but not that different.  Have you looked at pictures of both on the Summit?

The flow is also different. Tuscan you can stay as long or short as you wish.  Le Petit is a set time so you can't speed it up or slow it down. 

I have pictures I've posted for both if you'd like to see the food. 

🍹

We’ve done both.   Both very good.    It depends on what experience you want.   Le Petit is a very fun show.   Entertaining while you eat.    Tuscan was a quality meal.   The steaks were very good.   The Italian offering got a thumbs up from my first generation Italian friends.  A very good evening as well.  

can’t go wrong with either in my mind.