Since I can’t use search…anybody stayed in cat. E? Thoughts?

dcsam

Looking at doing an Alaska cruise this summer.  Curious if anybody has stayed in the category E cabins?  We spend a lot of time in our cabins (husband is ‘walking challenged’). As long as we could get to the small, outside walking area (deck 5), we’d be okay.  Are there chairs on the outside areas of deck 5?

Thank you

2 hours ago, dcsam said:

Looking at doing an Alaska cruise this summer.  Curious if anybody has stayed in the category E cabins?  We spend a lot of time in our cabins (husband is ‘walking challenged’). As long as we could get to the small, outside walking area (deck 5), we’d be okay.  Are there chairs on the outside areas of deck 5?

Thank you

Yes they have lounge chairs  on deck 5 under the life boats ..a nice quiet place to sit & relax

Deck 4 cabins are a good place if money permits 

CINTIPAM  has some recent post on the E cabins   6033/6030  with more light  than some of the others

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2833003-oceania-nautica-rooms-question/#comment-62703341

Use the term "obstructed" for your search and you will get useful hits. However, this topic a has link to a fantastic video of an E-category cabin. I'm trying one out this year to see "how low can I go". The size doesn't bother me (I used our sofa once in 10 days and could have used the desk instead), but having a single exit may not be my cup of tea. Enjoy the video!

Edited by AMHuntFerry
  • Like 1

I have been in one of those E cabins and I would never stay in one again. I would do an inside before I would do an E.  To me they are just too small for two people.  We spent little time in our cabin, but when we were getting dressed, taking showers, etc. the two of use were bumping into each other. And the fact that you cannot open the bathroom door at the same time as the closet with the drawers at the same time was very annoying.    Glad that others like them, but for me they are a hard no. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Yes they have lounge chairs  on deck 5 under the life boats ..a nice quiet place to sit & relax

CINTIPAM  has some recent post on the E cabins   6033/6030  with more light  than some of the others

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2833003-oceania-nautica-rooms-question/#comment-62703341

The F's  on 8 are the best location right at the fwd elevator zip up 1 to Pool and Waves, Zip up 3 to Horizons  Zip down to Theater...     Location Location Location..     Getting out of the cabin goinf to alaska is a good thing as  your view from a balcony is not as good as on deck of from Horizons...  Spent 21 days in an F

On 2/25/2022 at 9:59 PM, LHT28 said:

I think those two most forward E cabins are a great choice for someone who is “walking challenged.” We stayed in one on each of our first three Oceania cruises (which also were our first ever cruises) and those cabins are right near the forward elevators. No noise issues there either.

Our last trip was an inside, and we did an onboard booking for a similar cabin, and the cruise line employee said we could get an oceanview for the same price on the cruise we were looking at.  I said it isn't E class is it, and her reply was no, that she never would book somebody in those.  Way too small.  Have I stayed in one?  No, but being on a cruise during COVID times, it was nice to have at least room to sit somewhere besides the bed if you are stuck there.

51 minutes ago, zoncom said:

Did 71N in 6030.140sf vs 160 for insides. No sofa, but lifeboat only partially obstructing.  Big window. A nice location, not in bow .Would make an excellent solo cabin. The one across hall exactly the same .Rest of Es OBSTRUCTED!