CVS Test: “Not Accepted for Most Travel”

dman1

3 hours ago, dman1 said:

This was on my CVS test reservation. Think I heard the test will be fine to board but just want to make sure…

AB658EEA-0B20-4086-A5E3-BB08CDB9C26E.jpeg

We had these tests 2 times and accepted by MSC (October) and RCI (Harmony OS).

With CVS you can schedule your test up to 2 weeks before departure.  We had ours on Friday for our Sunday departure.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, robc1972 said:

Be careful with CVS, make multiple appointments at different locations to be safe as CVS doesnt have the best track record with us over multiple different locations.
First time I used them I needed PCR 72 hours before entry, got the results over 90 hours later. Fortunately the border guard going into Canada let me in.
Second time using them they canceled our rapid tests the morning we were set to get them and the day before we were leaving for a cruise. Luckily 2 of us got tests at another CVS miles away, the others had to get tests at Miami airport.

recently for a trip to Europe we scheduled a PCR 72 hours before and a rapid the day we left in case PCR failed to show up. PCR was late again and luckly we got rapid results in time for flight.

You can NOT make multiple appt at CVS. I had to cancel my original one when I realized it wasn't the rapid test at the CVS closer to my home. When I tried to book at the nearest CVS that was offering the Antigen it stopped me and said I had to cancel the original one first before it would let me proceed.

On the other hand...how long did it take to get one (Antigen) done at MIA and did you have an appointment?

2 hours ago, Ashland said:

You can NOT make multiple appt at CVS. I had to cancel my original one when I realized it wasn't the rapid test at the CVS closer to my home. When I tried to book at the nearest CVS that was offering the Antigen it stopped me and said I had to cancel the original one first before it would let me proceed.

On the other hand...how long did it take to get one (Antigen) done at MIA and did you have an appointment?

For the last trip we easily made two different appointments each on different days at different CVS. We made it to both appointments as well.

At MIA they dont take reservations, but you can fill out forms online ahead of time to save some time.
When thy showed up with paperwork when they landed thy got taken in right away and had results before we got to hotel downtown.

1 hour ago, Broons77 said:

You're close enough to Bayonne, thought you might be heading there.  Bon voyage!

First cruise 20 years ago out of New York to Bermuda.  The trip down was so rocky I swore I’d never sail from New York again!  We live 10 minutes from Bradley & the trip to MCO or TPA takes about the same time as the drive to Bayonne and is easier.

23 hours ago, clearlake_cruiser said:

Had a minor delay at check-in from Galveston last Wed 2/23 boarding Adventure of the Seas with CVS test paperwork that I had printed.  The initial people said my printout didn't say "negative" clearly enough & wasn't acceptable so I had to step aside and log in to CVS MyChart to screen shot another version. There were several others in the same situation

I also use CVS.  The text version clearly states negative.  The paper print out should clearly state that but only refers to this in small print on top line.  Have used twice in last two months for cruising.   When boarding on 2/14 had to point out to checker at pier that it said negative.  In December checker saw the negative comment.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1