Going on Allure Next Week - Need Input

My wife talked me into going on Allure of the Seas next week - she wants to see Mamma Mia and the Ice Skating shows.  

I have to admit I am not a big fan of the MDR food on Royal, so we splurged and upgraded to the unlimited Specialty Dining Package. 

We know we have to make our reservations once on board for both.  

The wife wants to reserve her show tickets first and then plan dinner around the shows.    

I am not sure that will work, but I am looking for input as to when they usually schedule Mamma Mia and the Ice  Shows?  We usually like to dine around 8:00 or 8:30,  I would even go for 7:30 by the wife thinks that will interfere with the shows.   

We have cruised Royal Previously, but it was on a ship that did not have a full Broadway production.    I think we attended the ice shows on Sea Days as Matinees.   

Just needing some advice since it has been a while since we cruise Royal Caribbean and the first time on an Oasis Class Ship.   

3 minutes ago, WesternBroncoCruiser said:

My wife talked me into going on Allure of the Seas next week - she wants to see Mamma Mia and the Ice Skating shows.  

I have to admit I am not a big fan of the MDR food on Royal, so we splurged and upgraded to the unlimited Specialty Dining Package. 

The wife wants to reserve her show tickets first and then plan dinner around the shows.    

I am not sure that will work, but I am looking for input as to when they usually schedule Mamma Mia and the Ice  Shows?  We usually like to dine around 8:00 or 8:30,  I would even go for 7:30 by the wife thinks that will interfere with the shows.   

We have cruised Royal Previously, but it was on a ship that did not have a full Broadway production.    I think we attended the ice shows on Sea Days as Matinees.   

Just needing some advice since it has been a while since we cruise Royal Caribbean and the first time on an Oasis Class Ship.   

Opened up the royal app now and see when shows are scheduled and then you will be ready once you board for booking your dining places and times.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Opened up the royal app now and see when shows are scheduled and then you will be ready once you board for booking your dining places and times.

8 minutes ago, WesternBroncoCruiser said:

If capacity is moderate there will probably be room for dinners where you want to eat if you are a little flexible.  Same might apply to all the shows too.  I wouldn’t stress too much.  Check out the app for the schedule and write it down to create a plan.   Then hope for the best on board and adapt where needed.  Just enjoy the ride and don’t sweat the small stuff too much.  

• Like 1

If itinerary is the same this week as next week when you are going. Check the app this week for show times.   

Edit: Check the February 19th sailing on the app, will have same itinerary  as yours

Edited by Jimbo

9 minutes ago, WesternBroncoCruiser said:

Just checked the App!   They have entertainment scheduled, but not the shows yet.  I'll keep checking.  We board Saturday.   

Once app opens scroll down to the bottom where you can pick other ships, not your sailing., pick Allure , then sailings come up  with dates, I tried looking at February 19th sailing which I thought would be like your sailing, but that week and this weeks sailing is different  itineraries then your March 5th sailing.

So  looking on those sailings for show times probably won't help you

Edited by Jimbo

I am on your cruise too. I just got off symphony and once I was on I got the shows handed to me and went to schedule all my dining. Then got on app and booked all shows. Very easy. No problem getting times or shows. No worries 

Looking at one of the prior 8 day sailings, they had Mama Mia on day 3 at 8:15, day 5 at 7:30, and day 7 at 2:30.  Of course, there were lots of other shows on day 3 and 5 also.  

There 2:30 showing is usually easy to get in to, because everyone is at the pool for their last day to tan before going home.

You wil not be able to eat dinner at your preferred time unless you go to the day 7 show of Mamma Mia. Here is the schedule from the Feb 19 , 8 night sailing which we were on. Mama Mia was much better than we expected. We are going back this week. 

5999B3D8-0650-4BAA-9F1D-42D990CF6A4E.thumb.png.1cf2e7080732167f2868a5934570e602.png