Koningsdam [Pinnacle Class] Aft-facing Verandas (VS and AS)

hvbaskey

Called "Ship Services" [1-800-541-1576] and the agent happily looked up the SF for both the stateroom and veranda for #6231 and #7193 for the Koningsdam.    So?  the chart is now complete (with a few extrapolations in grey italics] and if you are looking for a stateroom / cabin square footage for other cabins, try the # above - as they can look the info up for you ☺️

As always, *disclaimer*, that most of this information came from multiple cross-posted threads and from different web sites.  Take with a grain of salt!  and if you want to be 100% of the info, call the # above for validation.  

It was fun and interesting to put this together.

160262604_ScreenShot2022-03-02at10_42_43AM.thumb.png.aadb689ac197bc00d7388224ce3161a9.png

1140970310_ScreenShot2022-03-02at10_42_53AM.thumb.png.8098197549cb5f7f923ae05bdda69955.png

Note on SF:  HAL web site states:
AS = 260 – 356 square footage (stateroom / veranda combined)
VS = 228 – 405 square footage (stateroom / veranda combined)
None of these match the findings listed within the table; thinking maybe the table is "living space" and the HAL web site refers to "all" space?  not sure - but definitely does not match 😉

Edited by hvbaskey
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 4:21 PM, 0106 said:

We’ve booked 8203 on the Rotterdam for a Caribbean cruise.  Now I’m wondering if we should move to deck 6 to get more sunshine.  Thoughts?

Can anyone help me compare the amount of sunshine on the verandah on deck 8 vs deck 6?

Thank you

8 hours ago, 0106 said:

Can anyone help me compare the amount of sunshine on the verandah on deck 8 vs deck 6?

Thank you

More sunshine isn't necessarily a good thing.  It can get so  blazingly hot out there, making it too uncomfortable to sit for long.

This is a valuable resource.  Thank you for harvesting the information.

Perhaps it would be good to mention that Category AS is a Vista Suite, but category VS is a Verandah Room and not a suite. It can be confusing to the best of us!

We are cruising in the beginning of February; there are 2 sea days before we arrive in Sint Maarten when I would like to relax in the sunshine on the verandah.  The heat doesn’t bother me.

On 3/1/2022 at 11:47 AM, hvbaskey said:

It sure looks like it, even with the small sample size collected.  However!  if anyone finds anything different, I would be happy to update the chart.

That was my understanding from looking at many cabin photos on halfacts and cruisedeckplan.  All Signature and Pinnacle class ships' Verandah cabins have the sofa near the balcony; Vista suites have the bed near the balcony.

One drawback to the Vista Suite configuration is if you have a 3rd person in the room using the sofabed.  When the sofabed is open, it is difficult to access the bathroom due to the sofabed nearly touching the desk.  The opposite goes for the Verandah cabin configuration.  It is difficult to access the balcony if their sofabed is open. 

• 2 years later...
On 3/1/2022 at 11:23 PM, hvbaskey said:

Updated with new info from Post #23, except for balcony SF for VS8199, as I believe the initial measurement is correct, matches VS8188 on starboard side ☺️.  

I also added in grey / italic text, "presumed" SF based on the information of the "mirror" cabin on the same deck (ie., SF pattern is consistent on each specific deck).
Click on screen shots to enlarge, if need be.

288099780_ScreenShot2022-03-01at8_20_10PM.thumb.png.7d1a3428c927e37cf4707e7ed8298dfe.png

712288376_ScreenShot2022-03-01at8_20_26PM.thumb.png.4e8230e6ee7d36e0584829bcc4f71442.png

@hvbaskey  hello! Per the chart, 8090 has bed by bath.  So bathroom to the left when you enter.  
    By this standard, would you say it’s correct that 8092 has the bed by the balcony?  I’ve researched the heck out of this… can’t find out for sure.   It’s VERY important to me to have the bed on the correct side (near balcony).