RNB ask: would you rather be up the creek without a paddle or in a creaky cabin

RedneckBob

On 3/1/2022 at 3:43 AM, Mary229 said:

We had a creak on the Koningsdam.   I placed a washcloth between the frame and the TV and the creek disappeared 

Wow... MacGyver has been reincarnated... or something like that!

On 3/1/2022 at 8:07 AM, RedneckBob said:

Any suggestions how to proceed. 

From a 24-year U.S. Navy veteran, with countless years at sea; you, my friend have a first world problem. My suggestion on how to proceed... suck it up and enjoy your cruise! 😉

26 minutes ago, KroozNut said:

Wow... MacGyver has been reincarnated... or something like that!

After considering the option of moving I decided to figure it out.  Once nested in a cabin I don’t want to move.  It took a lot of sleuthing but I figured it out.  I always mention it on these threads to hopefully help someone else. 

18 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Well the Misses found out about my encounter at Megan’s Bay and I was kicked out of the cabin and forced to sleep on the balcony. Did I tell you I had a HUGE balcony; 10 feet wide by 18 feet long.

Something doesn't add up.  You said your replacement cabin was 5145 on Deck 5 and that it has a connecting room door.  I'm looking at a Koningsdam deck plan right now and it shows 5145 with a standard size balcony (actually deck 5 balconies above the lifeboats are about a foot shallower than on other decks).  The only double width/double deep verandah class cabins onboard are 4154 and 4156 and neither has a connecting cabin door.

Here's the 4156 balcony (and that's only part of the balcony):

KonVer415-81049-1479236927.webp

6 hours ago, AFNavigator said:

Something doesn't add up.  You said your replacement cabin was 5145 on Deck 5 and that it has a connecting room door.  I'm looking at a Koningsdam deck plan right now and it shows 5145 with a standard size balcony (actually deck 5 balconies above the lifeboats are about a foot shallower than on other decks).  The only double width/double deep verandah class cabins onboard are 4154 and 4156 and neither has a connecting cabin door.

Here's the 4156 balcony (and that's only part of the balcony):

KonVer415-81049-1479236927.webp

The reason it don’t add up is that we are on the Rotterdam in Cabin 5145. Look up the deck plan. I personnally measured the size of the balcony which is a rectangular shaped with a 45 degree angled railing. 10 feet wide and 18 feet long at center point of angle. Calculate the area using the formula f(x) = sq root of 3 times number of boards on floor divided by the diameter of the chair on the balcony 🤪

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

The reason it don’t add up is that we are on the Rotterdam in Cabin 5145. Look up the deck plan. I personnally measured the size of the balcony which is a rectangular shaped with a 45 degree angled railing. 10 feet wide and 18 feet long at center point of angle. Calculate the area using the formula f(x) = sq root of 3 times number of boards on floor divided by the diameter of the chair on the balcony 🤪

Forgot to mention we do have connecting cabin and know our neighbors who in live in the same county as we do

3 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Oops, I apologize.  Didn't read the posts thoroughly.  I thought you had said you were on the Koningsdam.  I see now someone else referenced that ship, not you.  The Koningsdam obviously wouldn't have made sense anyway once you mentioned being in the Caribbean.  The K is in the Pacific.

Getting back to your original cabin, we're booked on the NS in one of the angle cabins like what you started with.  Hopefully ours won't be squeaky like yours was on the Rotterdam.  We're looking forward to the angle cabin having the desk beside the sofa bed instead of across from it.  Son will be with us using the sofa bed and that cabin's configuration hopefully will allow us to reach the balcony without having to crawl across his sofa bed.

• Like 2

Well we are in PE making the turn to back into our parking spot. It’s been another great cruise.

One more funny thing to share with my fellow CC’ers.

Last nite I was at he Crows Nest observing someone doing a 1000 piece puzzle. They had just finished it. It was a puzzle of a ketchup bottle, mustard, pickles, lettuce, tomato, etc. the name on the box of this puzzle was “Burns Out”. Get it. Everything you put on a bun.

If I read the name on the puzzle box before seeing it, I would have thought that the puzzle (wait for it), was a picture of Miami Beach with several ladies wearing throngs (something a sexist might say) 😳

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RedneckBob said:

Well we are in PE making the turn to back into our parking spot. It’s been another great cruise.

One more funny thing to share with my fellow CC’ers.

Last nite I was at he Crows Nest observing someone doing a 1000 piece puzzle. They had just finished it. It was a puzzle of a ketchup bottle, mustard, pickles, lettuce, tomato, etc. the name on the box of this puzzle was “Burns Out”. Get it. Everything you put on a bun.

If I read the name on the puzzle box before seeing it, I would have thought that the puzzle (wait for it), was a picture of Miami Beach with several ladies wearing throngs (something a sexist might say) 😳

Oh my. I made a big error.

The puzzles name was “Buns Out”. So ladies wearing throngs makes a little more sense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2