Vaccine attestation

When I booked and paid for my cruise the other day I filled out the vaccine attestation for each passenger. It shows a line struck through it and I even went back and "edited" it three times to be sure. I have two sets of emails from Carnival telling me I need to update the vaccine attestation still. Just received another today and they are threatening to cancel my cruise if it's not filled out. What's the deal with this? Why are they still sending these emails when I have filled them out almost immediately after booking? Is this normal?   

I have the same problem and they just emailed me saying my cruise is being cancelled due to rejecting my waiver despite filling out the attestation as being fully vaccinated.

Of course customer service isn't taking anymore calls this evening.

3 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

Ignore  the emails..... Many are getting them as well including me even though I filled out the form within five minutes of booking. 

Ok cool, thanks! I was getting irritated and nervous at the same time. The wife/kids would revolt if I messed this cruise up lol. 

Just now, Tz2989 said:

I have the same problem and they just emailed me saying my cruise is being cancelled due to rejecting my waiver despite filling out the attestation as being fully vaccinated.

Of course customer service isn't taking anymore calls this evening.

Wait, what? OMG that's terrible. What the heck is going on? 

Just now, TeresaJ said:

I completed mine on Sunday and received the email today. Did it again then today. Seems others are getting the same email. Hope all is good.

Indeed. Very frustrating. It would be nice if they sent you a conformation or something for peace of mind. Getting those emails just causes angst and confusion. Having no way to verify and just hoping for the best isn't standard business practice and is poor communication. 

This is note I received 2 days after booking. I filled out the vaccine attestation immediately after booking. If you received a note that looks different, maybe you need to look into it more, but if it the same, I think everyone is getting this (and posting a thread like this!) Also, when you do the survey, make sure you scroll down - you have to fill it out for everyone with you, before it is finished.

image.thumb.png.e5fd3937246202a49305a130788261c0.png

Edited by pengu1n

I wonder if you call proactively, if they can at least add notes that you are vaxed or something?

Having the same problem...I tried the app (just redirects you to a browser) on my computer with chrome and edge.  What gives me pause, even though check-in says complete and has check marks, if you go back into the vaccine section, it doesn't appeared save as the dropdown says "Please select" and the checkbox isn't checked.

image.thumb.png.d4e26aa007f3cbfb227f8d58526f9bfb.png

1 hour ago, tallnthensome said:

Ignore  the emails..... 

And then there's this one... I just received an email this afternoon saying -

Is it over already? COME BACK SOON!

I haven't left yet!! Cruise starts Thursday 3/3!! 🤣🙃🤣

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, pengu1n said:

This is note I received 2 days after booking. I filled out the vaccine attestation immediately after booking. If you received a note that looks different, maybe you need to look into it more, but if it the same, I think everyone is getting this (and posting a thread like this!) Also, when you do the survey, make sure you scroll down - you have to fill it out for everyone with you, before it is finished.

Received the same, multiple times. Triple checked that it was filled out, edited and filled out two more times to be sure. Still got the emails.  

34 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I wonder if you call proactively, if they can at least add notes that you are vaxed or something?

Having the same problem...I tried the app (just redirects you to a browser) on my computer with chrome and edge.  What gives me pause, even though check-in says complete and has check marks, if you go back into the vaccine section, it doesn't appeared save as the dropdown says "Please select" and the checkbox isn't checked.

Exactly what I filled out and confirmed for each passenger. Even shows as completed on my "to do" list. Still getting the emails to fill it out. 

I've gotten several of them as well, despite filling it out right after booking. They keep sending them to my husband as well (we have two rooms, one booked under his name, for our kids). It certainly makes me feel better that you are all having the same experience!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, pengu1n said:

That's the ail I got as well

10 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Where it says Please Select and shows a little arrow to the right, click on arrow and select “yes” then check the box. This seemed to work for me after just checking the box. Didn’t realize I needed to click on arrow. Very poor instructions. Good luck. 

11 minutes ago, SOLIVITA LADY said:

Where it says Please Select and shows a little arrow to the right, click on arrow and select “yes” then check the box. This seemed to work for me after just checking the box. Didn’t realize I needed to click on arrow. Very poor instructions. Good luck. 

You can select anywhere from the "P" in Please all the way over to the arrow.  What gives me pause is after you submit it, if you go back in the "yes" isn't populated and you have to re-select "yes" again.  Therefore I wonder if it's a glitch that its not saving.  I'm receiving the update your vaccine or we're cancelling emails.

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

You can select anywhere from the "P" in Please all the way over to the arrow.  What gives me pause is after you submit it, if you go back in the "yes" isn't populated and you have to re-select "yes" again.  Therefore I wonder if it's a glitch that its not saving.  I'm receiving the update your vaccine or we're cancelling emails.

You also have to press 'edit' to go back in, that may explain re-triggering on answers. I guess it could be tested by pressing 'edit', not changing anything and then logging out and refreshing. If the strike through disappears from the 'to do' list, it's obviously being reset merely by clicking 'edit' and not actually by value change to the field.  

9 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

You also have to press 'edit' to go back in, that may explain re-triggering on answers. I guess it could be tested by pressing 'edit', not changing anything and then logging out and refreshing. If the strike through disappears from the 'to do' list, it's obviously being reset merely by clicking 'edit' and not actually by value change to the field.  

The issue is two people have claimed they had their vax status updated/checked/marked complete, received the vax email, their booking was cancelled, their original cabin was booked and they had to call in, be transferred around a bit before receiving a new booking.  One person reported they received an upgrade but was on the phone for four hours.  I personally have aft balcony and most likely wouldn't get another one due to limited availability.  I wouldn't complain if CCL elects to upgrade me to a suite yet that seems doubtful as it's a major step up.  My best guess is they'll do a reg balcony with an OBC.  

I did the survey on Firefox instead of Chrome or Edge. It's hard to remember exactly, but I think you had to check the box, then save the results. The extra threats to cancel don't help, you can never really know if you're finished!

9 minutes ago, pengu1n said:

I did the survey on Firefox instead of Chrome or Edge. It's hard to remember exactly, but I think you had to check the box, then save the results. The extra threats to cancel don't help, you can never really know if you're finished!

Yeah, I got another letter today addressed to travel agents and clients and I booked this myself. Went back and checked again and it says complete for all and has green check-marks. It's maddening.

7e1ea777-9159-41aa-b81c-ebec64df41a0.png
  VACCINATED VOYAGES – SAILING PROTOCOLS

Dear Travel Advisor Partner:

Thank you for your business. We are looking forward to welcoming your clients on board a future Carnival cruise.

Your clients are booked on a vaccinated voyage. Kindly review all the details with them as per the letter below.

It is very important that we can communicate with our guests in a timely manner regarding required pre-cruise boarding information, operational issues and changes in protocols as they occur. Please make sure your clients have visited
 Carnival.com and updated their profile with their current contact information.

Thank you for your assistance and ongoing support.

6617b600-cbad-4bae-abbc-4b99711d11bb.png
  VACCINATED VOYAGES – SAILING PROTOCOLS

Dear Carnival Guest,

Thank you for your business.  We are looking forward to welcoming you on board!

We are happy to share with you our plans to operate your sailing as a vaccinated voyage. 

VACCINATED VOYAGES

Vaccinated cruises are available for guests who have received their final dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine at least 14 days prior to the sailing day (not counting embarkation day) and have proof of vaccination. The CDC also requires pre-cruise testing for vaccinated guests, ages 2 and older.

The CDC has strongly recommended that individuals obtain a COVID-19 booster vaccination, when eligible. Should the CDC definition of fully vaccinated evolve to require the booster shot, our policy will adapt accordingly. It is also always possible that certain destinations could define a fully vaccinated guest as one who is current with a booster shot. Consequently, we also strongly encourage all guests who are eligible to get their booster vaccine at least seven days before boarding as this may become a condition for travel without prior notice. Please review the updated CDC recommendations on the CDC’s website.

For complete details and to stay up to date on the protocols and requirements for your cruise, please visit our Have Fun. Be Safe. page on Carnival.com.

UNVACCINATED GUESTS

The vaccine exemption process is currently open for sailings through December 31, 2022. As of March 1, 2022, vaccine exemptions are not required for children under 5. However, please note the protocols for unvaccinated guests, including testing, shore excursion and children’s camp requirements, still apply. Please review all the requirements for unvaccinated guests and vaccine exemptions on our Have Fun. Be Safe. page and should you meet the criteria, please apply  here

Please note, requests for vaccine exemptions will be processed after the booking is paid in full. Vaccine exemptions are not guaranteed and are capacity-controlled based on the total number of vaccinated guests projected to be on board. The number of exemptions we are able to grant is far fewer than the requests we receive. While the decision to vaccinate children is obviously a personal one, if you are a family with children ages 5-11 and want to guarantee your ability to sail together, we encourage you to consider your vaccination options.

NEXT STEPS

Please look for a one question pre-cruise vaccine attestation email which needs to be completed for every person on your reservation as soon as you receive it.  Kindly update your profile on Carnival.com with your current contact information as we will be communicating with you through a series of emails. And, make sure to read all our correspondence and complete all requests for pre-boarding information as failure to comply on a timely basis will result in cancellation. 

Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you on board!

Sincerely,
bd3f70f3-0423-4959-8e06-f79b51e6b9d9.jpg
Christine Duffy
President, Carnival Cruise Line