Sky Princess cruise to Baltic Sept 2022

Traderboy

We are booked on this cruise for the third year in a year.

It looks likely that it will again be cancelled or at least not be going to St Petersburg.

Our final payment is due on May 7th which we are reluctant to make.

Will Princess allow us to transfer our deposit to another cruise?

September is a long way ahead, but I would be  confident that SPB will certainly be off the itinerary. 

The cruise may or may not continue with a different itinerary.

For what it is worth, we are booked on a Baltic cruise also in September, but a different cruise line. We have no intention of cancelling.

My understanding is that Princess will let you move your deposit to another cruise.

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

September is a long way ahead, but I would be  confident that SPB will certainly be off the itinerary. 

The cruise may or may not continue with a different itinerary.

For what it is worth, we are booked on a Baltic cruise also in September, but a different cruise line. We have no intention of cancelling.

My understanding is that Princess will let you move your deposit to another cruise.

Thanks for these comments. I think we may well change to another cruise

• Like 1

You can cancel under the cruise with Confidence policy as below:

• Cancel up to 30 days before you sail, and get your cancellation fees back as a Future Cruise Credit (FCC).
    • Applies to voyages departing through September 30, 2022.
    • Applies to bookings made through March 31, 2022.
    • FCCs issued under the Book with Confidence policy are valid up to one year after their issue date.

If you are booked through a Travel agent, get them to change it or they may charge you if you just cancel and rebook later.

You will get an FCC for the cruise deposit which will be applied to your next cruise. If you are booked direct, give them a call. In the UK, I have had no problems getting through around 6pm.

Edited by clarky213

2 minutes ago, skynight said:

Question. Why is final payment due May 7? 90 days prior to September 1 is June 2nd which would be the earliest if your ship is scheduled for September 1st sailing. 

I suspect because the booking was made through an unscrupulous TA.

I would not travel to Russia this year no matter what the political situation might be. I would just cancel before final payment date if I did not like the adjusted itinerary. Plenty of other great travel locations around the world.

• Like 2

Our Baltic cruise was early June 2022. Our main reason for booking was the port of St.Petersburg. We cancelled two days before final payment and were correct in doing so. A few cruise lines have already removed St. Petersburg from their itineraries.

We just asked for our deposit to be returned to our credit card and we were credited two days later.

If it was me, I would ask for the deposit back and then figure out what you would like to do.

Princess have now announced that instead of St Petersburg this cruise will go to Warnemunde ( Berlin) and have an overnight stay in Copenhagen.

Quite a good compromise as long as it is safe to cruise in the Baltic at all!

What do others think?

1 hour ago, Traderboy said:

Princess have now announced that instead of St Petersburg this cruise will go to Warnemunde ( Berlin) and have an overnight stay in Copenhagen.

Quite a good compromise as long as it is safe to cruise in the Baltic at all!

What do others think?

If it’s not safe then the ships will simply move port again. That said if that area is not safe then we have bigger problems than cruising.

Warnemunde is a really nice little port of call. A lot of people hop on the train to Berlin but it is a very long day I believe.  (Someone who did the journey on our table said it was 2.5/3 hours each way but that is second hand information so someone who has actually done it could perhaps clarify). The train station in Warnemunde is right next to where the ships berth.

The ship docks right on the edge of the town which is lovely little seaside place with a nice long promenade, a beach, individual shops and charming cafes. We have been here several times and always just stayed in town as there is enough to see and do to pass a very pleasant day.

Overnight in Copenhagen will be lovely, lots of time to see everything and there is lot to see and do there.

Its a shame that people are missing out on SPB but at least the alternatives are good.

• Like 2

I loved Warnemunde, looking forward to going there again on my Aug. Baltic cruise.  I've been to Berlin on a separate land trip, would not consider it.  People I talked to after they went thought it was too much in terms of being a long day, recovering afterwards.