Prepaid for a restaurant in cruise planner, even with UDP?

Even though my wife and I already have the ultimate dining package, we pre-paid/reserved a specialty restaurant in the cruise planner (for "fear" of it selling out once onboard).

Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks!

I have done this many times. Our anniversary  usually falls during the week we do transatlantics. When we board we go to a specialty dining restaurant to make our package reservations. Just swap out a package reservation for the night we reserved and paid for. Never a problem, host just cancels and a fully refundable OBC is added to our account.  Enjoy your Wonder cruise. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

No, not with UDP. 🙂  Never had a problem, as long as we were flexible about which day to dine where.

Understandable!

For context - The Mason Jar on Wonder is only open for brunch on the two sea days.

Diff menus for brunch and dinner.

New restaurant... assume it will be "popular" and well, didn't want to miss out.

We have more flexibility for dinners 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

I have done this many times. Our anniversary  usually falls during the week we do transatlantics. When we board we go to a specialty dining restaurant to make our package reservations. Just swap out a package reservation for the night we reserved and paid for. Never a problem, host just cancels and a fully refundable OBC is added to our account.  Enjoy your Wonder cruise. 

Thank you so much! 

We've done something similar with the D+ BOGO... pre-pay/reserve in cruise planner; then once on-board, get one of the dinners refunded (as OBC).  But never with the UDP.

Edited by Nabalab

12 minutes ago, Joseph2017China said:

Sometimes when I get the drink package, I also get the soda package to make sure they have soda.....

And sometimes people post just to post.  It happens 🙂

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Nabalab said:

Understandable!

For context - The Mason Jar on Wonder is only open for brunch on the two sea days.

Diff menus for brunch and dinner.

New restaurant... assume it will be "popular" and well, didn't want to miss out.

We have more flexibility for dinners 🙂

Enjoy!  If it is half as good as Portside BBQ, it will be great.  And we had no trouble getting into Portside.  I think it's easier to get lunch at some of the restaurants than dinner, because some people just can't envision paying extra for lunch.  I'm an accountant, so I see lunch being cheaper than dinner, and think "cool, let's do lunch"!  lol

• Like 1