Live Inaugural Cruising Review Wonder of the Seas 3/4/2022 - 3/11/2022 Plenty of Pictures!

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 6 Art Walk

I really like the parakeets / birds 

16994E87-64C2-4975-93B9-C7A3B5334F33.jpeg

BDF45063-C6A9-48E9-9D64-5E8C610F9930.jpeg

60274BEA-8405-4CCF-9484-E978580EA6FB.jpeg

88833E94-1E02-46BF-93C4-18AE6FE3C196.jpeg

thanks for the art photos.  I am glad you took my suggestion.  so many of these will make nice screen background for our computers or phones.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Oceansaway17 said:

agree and that is why I eat there more and more.   less noise, windows, and quicker if one has things planned for after dinner.   I think the MDR tries to be all things to everybody and can be a miss and disappointing too.

And for us the MDR is only what we make it to be. We make it very easy and fun for our wait staff and they adjust to us.  

• Like 1

Just now, davekathy said:

And for us the MDR is only what we make it to be. We make it very easy and fun for our wait staff and they adjust to us.  

i was referring to the menus and the descriptions that have left me disappointed.

remember a lot of the staff is being watching closely by mgrs walking around.  Seems stressed at times and I do not always get a good waiter either.   

• Like 1

18 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

So the next three months goes like this… April is a light month, just the Celebrity Edge, May will be the Oasis then Adventure of the Sea both out of NJ.  June will be a 10 nighter on NCL out of England and then another week on the Oasis at the end of the month in June.

Hmm. My family and  I are on Oasis the last week of June. Maybe I'll see you taking pictures on that cruise!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 6

Hello SunShine

I have little desire / the need to be on the sunshine!  I am sure it is fine but it just does not look like a ship I need to try immediately!

46CDB354-656C-49F1-8945-E27D609F4883.jpeg

D66768BF-B33E-4CB5-8FBE-3E1FB87AB1A0.jpeg

13D4FAB6-D75A-4A14-B2BC-BFAFAD6B3119.jpeg

The Carnival Sunshine is the former Carnival Destiny that entered service in 1996.  It had   a major upgrade in 2013 and they changed the name to Carnival Sunshine.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

which makes me scared to ride this.

I wish I could get the nerve up for my cruise on Wonder and Symphony in April.  I guess I can try again in the fall on Oasis.

I did it once on the Harmony.  It was an interesting experience but once was enough for me !

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

thanks for the art photos.  I am glad you took my suggestion.  so many of these will make nice screen background for our computers or phones.

You are welcome and enjoy!  I know I did!  The only ones I did not care for are the ones in the bathroom!  Eeek!

31 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

i was referring to the menus and the descriptions that have left me disappointed.

remember a lot of the staff is being watching closely by mgrs walking around.  Seems stressed at times and I do not always get a good waiter either.   

No trifle to be found on this trip!!!  They got the note from Oasis!  Usually I can find a nice staff on one try and once I find them, I stick with them and a little extra appreciation upfront makes a world of difference!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

Hmm. My family and  I are on Oasis the last week of June. Maybe I'll see you taking pictures on that cruise!

Another contestant on Where is Waldo !  Love it! I will find you guys at the arcade? 😉 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

The Carnival Sunshine is the former Carnival Destiny that entered service in 1996.  It had   a major upgrade in 2013 and they changed the name to Carnival Sunshine.

Thank you!  I did not know that.  I am sure it is fantastic on the inside!  

Day 6

Was it something Royal said?  Both Carnival ships boogey out of here!  We will be the last to leave … 9 PM.  What is there to do in Nassau after dark that’s not a ghost tour or Atlantis?  There was some lady on the ship that’s trying to get an antigen test today on the island so they can go to Atlantis… the ship won’t test them… it really is not all that.  It’s not worth the stress, costs, and more costs to go to there.

7A9D7D01-C286-455A-9CE6-5792914D6EDC.jpeg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

So the next three months goes like this… April is a light month, just the Celebrity Edge, May will be the Oasis then Adventure of the Sea both out of NJ.  June will be a 10 nighter on NCL out of England and then another week on the Oasis at the end of the month in June.

HI, we are also on the Adventurer on May 12. Great minds think alike. LOL

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mrchips14 said:

HI, we are also on the Adventurer on May 12. Great minds think alike. LOL

The itinerary offered on adventure of the sea is a great one because it’s unique and convenient not to mention that is my favorite royal ship.  An oldie but a goodie.  You have to appreciate the charm of that ship!

14 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Another contestant on Where is Waldo !  Love it! I will find you guys at the arcade? 😉 

I'll be found at the gym! Looking at the class schedule for my April cruise there are about 10 classes that look interesting.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

The itinerary offered on adventure of the sea is a great one because it’s unique and convenient not to mention that is my favorite royal ship.  An oldie but a goodie.  You have to appreciate the charm of that ship!

And being home before lunch on departure day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

I'll be found at the gym! Looking at the class schedule for my April cruise there are about 10 classes that look interesting.

Enjoy but make sure you ask questions about the classes before signing up!  They are very free with descriptions.  I enjoy spinning but the classes they offer I don’t get that sweaty / high from endorphins afterwards like I do at my local gym!

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 6 Pool Deck

Caught a glimpse of Carnivals Sailabration… quite impressive actually 

7291E201-04C5-4805-85F5-066924984B28.jpeg

aw thanks for sharing.   nice to see a cluster of ships.  Celebrity gathered to welcome APEX with 6 of their ships and did a dance.  the video is on y tube.

still hoped that Wonder could have been welcomed by it's sisters, but  at least cousin Odyssey came as well as one Celebrity ship.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 2:13 PM, BennyBrun said:

I would like to see it too but I am not staying at the suites so no access unfortunately.

Oh well.  Thank you for this live review.  The pictures are all amazing!!  Can't wait to sail the Wonder in May!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

which makes me scared to ride this.

I wish I could get the nerve up for my cruise on Wonder and Symphony in April.  I guess I can try again in the fall on Oasis.

You can do it. I did while we were on the Harmony and I am claustrophobic!  I was 68 at the time and had to do it.  A cute little kid talked me through the do’s and don’ts.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DaniDanielle said:

You can do it. I did while we were on the Harmony and I am claustrophobic!  I was 68 at the time and had to do it.  A cute little kid talked me through the do’s and don’ts.

well can you explain how you felt and what the overall experience was like?