Ovation - Alaska - 7/15/22 - Juneau port day renamed?

We are booked on Ovation of the Seas to Alaska on July 15. On day 5, we are supposed to see glaciers in the morning and then stop at Juneau in the afternoon. On the website, that day was originally labeled "Juneau", but on the excursion page it recently been renamed from "Juneau" to "Endicott Arm & Dawes Glacier". 

What does this mean? Is that port going to be canceled? My Juneau excursion has not yet been canceled. 

I looked at an internet travel site and to see what they are showing for the month of July on the Ovation.   It shows the Port-of-Call day of the week changes for Juneau - some weeks the Ovation is in Juneau on Sundays, other weeks it's Tuesday.  Also, according to this internet travel site, the Ovation sailings on July 1st, 8th, & 29th  stop both in Sitka AND Skagway.  The Ovation sailings on the 15th & 22nd don't stop in Sitka, but just Skagway.

@TravelGirlinDallasOP, does your itinerary show just Skagway, or both Skagway and Sitka?  

Can other more knowledgeable CCer's please double-check what I believe I found?  It is all quite curious!

2 minutes ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

OP, does your itinerary show just Skagway, or both Skagway and Sitka?  

Can other more knowledgeable CCer's please double-check what I believe I found?  It is all quite curious!

Our ports are supposed to be Ketchikan, Skagway, Juneau, & Victoria. The Juneau port day is scheduled for Tuesday, July 19.

Ovation OTS July 15th

(F) Seattle

(S) @ Sea

(Su) Ketchikan

(M) Skagway

(T) Endicott Arm & Juneau

(W) @ Sea

(Th) Victoria

(F) Seattle

Ovation OTS July 1st & 29th*   (looks like no Ketchikan visit) 

(F) Seattle

(S) @ Sea

(M) Sitka

(T) Skagway

(W) Endicott Arm & Juneau

(Th) @ Sea

(F) Seattle

*the July 8th cruise is similar to this itinerary, but the order is different

@TravelGirlinDallas, it looks like your Ovation cruise date takes you to Ketchikan, but the other sailings in July don't go there.  Interesting.

I noticed the same thing for the Aug 12 sailing. You can still find and book Juneau excursions. The app still has Juneau, online has Endicott Arm & Dawes Glacier. My booked excursion is still there. That day Endicott Arm in in the early morning and Juneau afternoon, so I assume someone simply changed the designation...at least I hope that's all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TravelGirlinDallas said:

Sure hope so!!

We do Endicott Arm and Juneau the same day too on Quantum and the website just has a tough time dealing with it.  All the excursions that day have always been under the heading of Endicott Arm even though they are for Juneau.

9 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We do Endicott Arm and Juneau the same day too on Quantum and the website just has a tough time dealing with it.  All the excursions that day have always been under the heading of Endicott Arm even though they are for Juneau.

OK, that's very good to know. I guess what threw me off is that when I first booked my Juneau excursion, the website had that day listed as Juneau, then it later changed to Endicott Arm. I was worried something had changed on the actual itinerary. 

• Like 1