Port of Miami Hotel

jlszarejko

42 minutes ago, jlszarejko said:

I’ve never been to Miami so was wondering of a suggestion for a hotel stay before my daughter and I cruise?  Thanks so much 

Intercontinental Miami- excellent and a <$10 taxi ride to the nearby Port of Miami.

Hampton Inn, Hyatt and other hotels in the Mary Brickell area of downtown are often suggested.  Closer to the port, with some rooms offering a view of the port, are the Doubletree and next door Marriott.

21 minutes ago, Stonymtncruiser said:

Have heard good things about Intercontinental and also the Holiday Inn.

The Holiday Inn was sold recently to developers who plan to demolish it and some recent reviews have not been positive.

Edited by capriccio

1 hour ago, Noxequifans said:

We stay at the Intercontinental….. always pleased.

Intercontinental is our preferred hotel in most major cities worldwide. We often find ourselves there or at select Marriott properties. Worth considering is the wide array of brands under each one’s umbrella and how that translates to FF points.

Doubletree is definitely our favorite it shares lobby with the Marriott and you can get a balcony with a view of the port. Lobby area is huge with many stores, restaurants, bars etc couple of places with live music , much better view than Hilton, as already said very cheap Uber ride from port.

If you are coming in a few days early I would stay on Miami Beach they have a lot of choices from high end resorts to more reasonable hotels. If your cruise is in the summer you can get some good prices on the best resorts. Staying near the port is nice but staying right on the beach(one of the best) is better. Taxi from M.B. to port is about 20 $