Allure “LIVE” 3/5-3/13 - The allure of the Allure

3 hours ago, CatLadyFemme said:

Oy. What percent capacity is that?

Allure double occupancy capacity is about 5400, so roughly 87% and 92%. 

Biker, who doesn’t understand the fascination of some folks with capacity numbers. 

3 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Allure double occupancy capacity is about 5400, so roughly 87% and 92%. 

Biker, who doesn’t understand the fascination of some folks with capacity numbers. 

For those of us who sailed when capacity was 30%, and really enjoyed the low numbers, it helps to plan for the crazy crowds. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

For those of us who sailed when capacity was 30%, and really enjoyed the low numbers, it helps to plan for the crazy crowds. 

What do you do different knowing a sailing is 70% vs 85% capacity? Most of the fleet is at 70% or higher now - the days of 50% or lower are long gone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Prepare mentally.

Where was this preparation when the choices were 95% and 105%? I don't recall a single thread about it pre-COVID. Is this some sort of long COVID psychological thing?

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Where was this preparation when the choices were 95% and 105%? I don't recall a single thread about it pre-COVID. Is this some sort of long COVID psychological thing?

Didn't need to prepare as I had never experienced a cruise ship at low capacity previously.

Are you having one of those days where you just feel like challenging people?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

As someone who is super excited and super anxious (I haven’t been around more than 10 people without masks over the past two years, two of whom were my partners and three of whom were my family), it is helpful for me to prepare. I have been on ships at 100% capacity previously, so having a concept of the current percentages allows me to compared it to what I was used to and plan for managing it, rather than just hopping on with no concept and ending up with a panic attack.

note to anyone: I am immuno compromised, so please don’t come from me about my COVID precautions that were decided along with my medical team, just as my approval from them to go on this cruise has been. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CatLadyFemme said:

I have been on ships at 100% capacity previously, so having a concept of the current percentages allows me to compared it to what I was used to and plan for managing it, rather than just hopping on with no concept and ending up with a panic attack.

The thing is, a ship currently at 80% can be just as busy in some locations as you remembered at 100% so it makes no difference. All the places that used to “busy” will likely still be just as busy, except maybe the muster station. The solarium on Anthem was just as packed 4 months ago at 60% as last month at 80% and likely will be at 100% next month. 

36 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The thing is, a ship currently at 80% can be just as busy in some locations as you remembered at 100% so it makes no difference. All the places that used to “busy” will likely still be just as busy, except maybe the muster station. The solarium on Anthem was just as packed 4 months ago at 60% as last month at 80% and likely will be at 100% next month. 

This is very true.  And at this point everyone should just assume ships will be at full capacity if that is a concern.  Areas will probably have similar crowds as the “old days” and an extreme majority of people won’t be wearing masks unless it is required again.  

So if a crowded elevator bothers someone, they should mentally plan ahead if that is a concern.  Same goes for indoor areas like the promenade, bars, or the theater.  It is going to be crowded again and there will be little attention paid to Covid issues by most passengers (ie. No masking). This will help anyone concerned from experiencing anxiety as opposed to enjoying a vacation.  

On 3/5/2022 at 3:37 PM, h20skibum said:

While eating lunch, we booked all our shows for the week.  I had made a list before boarding, and the schedule was close to my list. 

E2B534B3-76EF-47F5-A6F0-F9CB4E7E3A2B.thumb.jpeg.90fb703aea42d3d14c539e2d801b8e1e.jpeg

Thank you for posting this! We don't board till 1:00 so I'm anxious to book shows asap!

• Like 1