Frequent cruisers…do you book future cruises onboard?

We always book when onboard. Normally we have a few picked out before hand. Like others said our TA gets credit. At times our TA will make adjustments to rooms, etc, knowing what we like. Many times we end up changing the sailing. Like some else said every so often we may lose a deposit but not often. Have a couple ready for when we go on Wonder in a couple of weeks😀.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 10:25 AM, twinmommy08 said:

We book on board for the reduced deposit and OBC. This month I’ll book two cruises for 2023. I’d rather lose $400 than $1,000 if our plans change. Royal automatically sends our booking to our TA and about week later I get an updated invoice form her with more OBC 🙂 

Why would you lose more?

The NRD portion is only $100 per person per cruise no matter what.

We book on board for the extra OBC, and then they automatically transfers to my TA, who gives me additional OBC on top of what Royal gives.  But the TA OBC on posts after the cruise starts, so not available for pre-cruise purchases.

• Like 1

We usually have one in mind to book on board.  Agents can sometimes see open cabins that we can’t see on the website although if you call you can find those too.  

We book for the low deposit of $100 pp which is all we’d lose if we cancel. You also have the option of changing the sale date and ship for 60 days.  The low deposit ties up less money when you have several booked.  

The only thing I don’t like about booking on board is it does take vacation time.   But usually only 30 min or so.  We always go to the appt knowing the ship and sale date.  

6 hours ago, SRF said:

Why would you lose more?

The NRD portion is only $100 per person per cruise no matter what.

We book on board for the extra OBC, and then they automatically transfers to my TA, who gives me additional OBC on top of what Royal gives.  But the TA OBC on posts after the cruise starts, so not available for pre-cruise purchases.

We book with 4, so $400 deposit vs $1,000 deposit if we book with TA or o line first. 

On 3/5/2022 at 12:35 PM, Tree_skier said:

My TA's group space is refundable and almost always less the Royal's NRD price when booked direct with Royal.  Also comes with a small amount of OBC. To me that vastly outweighs the reduced deposit and OBC Royal is offering. 

On 3/5/2022 at 9:25 AM, twinmommy08 said:

We book on board for the reduced deposit and OBC. This month I’ll book two cruises for 2023. I’d rather lose $400 than $1,000 if our plans change. Royal automatically sends our booking to our TA and about week later I get an updated invoice form her with more OBC 🙂 

The agent we worked with on Adventure to book our Alaskan cruise this year was fantastic. We wanted a family JS (Ovation) and it appeared none were available. She educated us that other TAs hold them for their clients but they drop off after 24 hours if they don’t book. She watched the system like a hawk for a few days to grab us one. We were so thankful! 

Do yall mind sharing your agents? 

I definitely book when on board. $300 OBC for a week in a grand suite will cover gratuities plus more. it's free money from RC that you don't get booking online. Then I transfer the booking to my TA to get their perks on top of the OBC.

The deposit for a suite is the same regardless where you book, but you get 2 months to change to a different ship / date without penalty. 

12 hours ago, SG65CB said:

I definitely book when on board. $300 OBC for a week in a grand suite will cover gratuities plus more. it's free money from RC that you don't get booking online. Then I transfer the booking to my TA to get their perks on top of the OBC.

I do the same.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2022 at 10:28 AM, cruiselvr04 said:

We usually have one in mind to book on board.  Agents can sometimes see open cabins that we can’t see on the website although if you call you can find those too.  

We book for the low deposit of $100 pp which is all we’d lose if we cancel. You also have the option of changing the sale date and ship for 60 days.  The low deposit ties up less money when you have several booked.  

The only thing I don’t like about booking on board is it does take vacation time.   But usually only 30 min or so.  We always go to the appt knowing the ship and sale date.  

If you reserve a time and do your homework with the cruise details it  should not take that much of time,

Also, you are entered in a raffle, however, never had any luck😊

• Like 1