Harvest Cay - What to Do?

vinotinto

Hello! Besides hanging out in the pool and beach, what else is great in Harvest Cay? Anyone here LOVED their time in Harvest Cay? 

I think this port we either want to stay in Harvest Cay or take an NCL tour. We're 2 adults and 2 teens. But, I don't see any great tours - no shark alley; no cave tubing. Are there any reefs accessible from the Harvest Cay shore?

Also, for the $50 credit. I'm the primary guest (guest #1). If my husband wanted to take my son or daughter on the jet skiing or do zip lines, I assume the $50 credit will NOT apply to them, correct? Right now, when I log in for these excursions, it shows it applying the $50 to me and $0 for the rest of them. 

1 minute ago, vinotinto said:

Hello! Besides hanging out in the pool and beach, what else is great in Harvest Cay? Anyone here LOVED their time in Harvest Cay? 

I think this port we either want to stay in Harvest Cay or take an NCL tour. We're 2 adults and 2 teens. But, I don't see any great tours - no shark alley; no cave tubing. Are there any reefs accessible from the Harvest Cay shore?

Also, for the $50 credit. I'm the primary guest (guest #1). If my husband wanted to take my son or daughter on the jet skiing or do zip lines, I assume the $50 credit will NOT apply to them, correct? Right now, when I log in for these excursions, it shows it applying the $50 to me and $0 for the rest of them. 

@vinotintoHarvest Caye is one of my favorite stops.  It is very clean, organized, safe and maintained.  The $50.00 credit is only for the first person on your suite.  However, if you did the Zip line, use that persons name to book and let those that want to go use the coupons you will be provided.  They never check the names. My wife, who hates highs did the zipline and loved it.  

My favorite thing to do on Harvest Caye is the Beach Villa.  OK, it is not a classic excursion, and it is very expensive at $699/$799 (Not sure if the price went up).  However, it gives you a slice of paradise for up to 6 guests.  At a cost, they will serve you drinks, food and provide you with golf carts to different parts of the island.  

If you are on a budget, going to the pool and utilizing the bar in the pool is also fun.   I hope I helped you in some way.

Cruise Well

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sthrngary said:

@vinotintoHarvest Caye is one of my favorite stops.  It is very clean, organized, safe and maintained.  The $50.00 credit is only for the first person on your suite.  However, if you did the Zip line, use that persons name to book and let those that want to go use the coupons you will be provided.  They never check the names. My wife, who hates highs did the zipline and loved it.  

My favorite thing to do on Harvest Caye is the Beach Villa.  OK, it is not a classic excursion, and it is very expensive at $699/$799 (Not sure if the price went up).  However, it gives you a slice of paradise for up to 6 guests.  At a cost, they will serve you drinks, food and provide you with golf carts to different parts of the island.  

If you are on a budget, going to the pool and utilizing the bar in the pool is also fun.   I hope I helped you in some way.

Cruise Well

@Sthrngary   Thank you for this information. I was hoping to find this out.

I am the first name on the booking but my daughter would love to do the zip line.

I will just book it under my name. 

• Like 1

LOVED Harvest Caye!  

There are floats/toys to play on in the water at the beach.

We swam in ocean and pool, enjoyed the little wildlife area, and relaxed on a lounger.

Peaceful, no hawkers, no pressure to do anything, just left alone to do whatever interested you or nothing at all.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fethiyeden said:

@Sthrngary   Thank you for this information. I was hoping to find this out.

I am the first name on the booking but my daughter would love to do the zip line.

I will just book it under my name. 

I think that you NEED to read all of the rules: 

HERE:

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

In particular:

• If the first guest purchases shore excursions tickets for other guests, the promotion and $50 Shore Excursion Credit will not apply to such tickets.

19 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

HERE:

In particular:

• If the first guest purchases shore excursions tickets for other guests, the promotion and $50 Shore Excursion Credit will not apply to such tickets.

Nothing like giving a "free" benefit and making it very hard to use. Win for the cruise line = loss for passengers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

55 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

HERE:

In particular:

Have your travel agent move the names on the reservation so the person who will use the credit is guest #1.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Katie H said:

Have your travel agent move the names on the reservation so the person who will use the credit is guest #1.

Changing Adults #2 to #1 and original#1 to #2, could change things for more use of all benefits offered!

Edited by ggTexasGal
re-worded
  • Like 2

Our first there we did the Eco River tour through NCL. It was a nice short boat ride to some mangrove forest areas and we got off and did a short hike to look for monkeys. On the way back they stop the boat at a small hut where you can buy the local beer for cheap and then back to the island. 

Second time there we just hopped in the pool for a bit before heading back to the ship. The drinks at the swim up bar are nice but pricey - I think it was $10 for a pina colada and they don't take your room card. I can get that for free on the ship, so meh...

To my knowledge, none of the food/drinks are included so it seems a bit of a waste to pay for a burger and fries when you can get it for free when you get back on the ship.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/5/2022 at 8:45 AM, Sthrngary said:

Cruise Well

Question about the beach Villa- when you said they bring you food, drink and provide a golf cart- does that mean that was inclusive or a separate charge TIA

6 minutes ago, Bellapug said:

Question about the beach Villa- when you said they bring you food, drink and provide a golf cart- does that mean that was inclusive or a separate charge TIA

@BellapugThe food and Drink is extra.  Plus they expect a nice tip for the services which is for the servers and the so called butler at the Beach Villa.  The golf cart is part of the Villa so no charge. Just have to call for it.

I loved this experience but hated paying close to $150.00 for food and drink plus tip.  This place has raised it price so high now I would need to be with a group before I would ever consider it again.  Again, I loved it.  But as with many things after Covid, things are getting so high they become to high.  

Hope that helps.

Cruise well

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My kids arranged a private fishing charter located on the mainland. Being Haven they were able to catch the 1st tender off the ship and then the 1st ferry from Harvest Caye to the mainland. There they were met by their guides and taken off shore for a fabulous day of fishing. They then came back and visited the town (not large) and met several nice people Their guides had great information to make sure they caught the ferry back to Harvest Caye, where they then caught the tender to the ship.  I think most NCL ships dock at Harvest Caye, but at this time (February of 2020) the pier was apparently damaged and so we had to tender.

• Like 2

Harvest Caye is a lot of fun!  We did an excursion into the mangroves then spent the rest of the day enjoying the island, including the birds and butterflies, beach, pool and zipline.  We walked back to the ship for lunch then walked back to Harvest Caye for a fabulous afternoon of sunning and swimming.  You don’t need to spend money on an over priced cabana to enjoy your day there!  Local artists set up stands where you can shop (I bought hand woven baskets and spices) without being haggled. 

Edited by YVRteacher
  • Like 3

On 3/5/2022 at 10:36 AM, vinotinto said:

While we enjoy HC a lot we VASTLY prefer GSC.  Having said that, on both of our recent cruises to HC we have booked the pool side cabana and enjoyed that thoroughly.  The zip lines were fun and the parasailing was very enjoyable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Both of my cruises went to Harvest Caye.  The first time I did the Monkey River Eco Tour, the second time I did the Spice Farm and Mayan Ruins tour.  If I ever end up at Harvest Caye again, I'll stay on the island itself.  I did enjoy both excursions I did though.

• Like 1

I was really disappointed in Harvest Caye. The food and drinks are nothing special and you are paying extra for that. If you rent the clamshell shades they are $49 per clamshell and it is charged to your onboard account. Everything else on the island is paid via cash/credit. There are no complimentary food and drink, which is very different than other private islands. If I were to go again I would have done an early lunch on board and filled my water bottle with a few alcoholic beverages. (I am sure someone is going to admonish me for saying that but the drinks were expensive and I was annoyed that I had the included beverage package.) The zip line is one long zip and was astronomically expensive for only one zip. In comparison we did a zip line tour in Roatan that included 10 zips and was only $55 per person.  Most people were back on board by 1pm so rather than trying to be one of the first ones there, relax onboard and then head out later. You will likely be able to find a free umbrella shady spot later.

we usually just hit up the beach for a few hours and then head back to the ship and hit the pool the rest of the day.  not paying for food and drink on the island when it is "free" onboard.

• Like 1

We (  Myself , wife and 16 yo daughter ) did the Monkey river Tour.

While it was ok , , nothing special. Boat ride through the mangroves, and then a 1 hour walk through the Jungle/rain forest.  Learned a bit about plants , but unfortunately not may animals.  They did pave the walking path in 2020 , so the You tube about a mud path is not accurate. 

We did not like the  "village"  stop on the way back . Its basically  one of the guide relatives' house and they catch you for bathroom use , @ 1$ pp <, and a very minimal drink selection. . Coke , DT Coke and maybe a beer or two, and I guess MMs if you are hungry . .   Just would have been nice to see a actual village. . IMHO 

It was nice to get off theNCL  tourist trap island, but next time we will try the other NCL all inclusive  island .