Deposit Refund

whoshwhosh

16 minutes ago, whoshwhosh said:

Unfortunately just had to cancel May, 2023 cruise on Marina. Anyone know how long it will take to see deposit refund reflect on credit card?

Took me about 21 days       Like the end of the month  in which I made the  request...... many do this  as their accounts payable are then scheduled 

25 minutes ago, whoshwhosh said:

Unfortunately just had to cancel May, 2023 cruise on Marina. Anyone know how long it will take to see deposit refund reflect on credit card?

It has varied for me.  Once it was 14 days, another time it was 45 days. This was last half of last year.

Edited by davencl

• 3 months later...

Has anyone had any experience of Oceania refunding a deposit to a credit card account that was closed?

The bank says they returned the funds to Oceania as they don't accept funds into a closed account.  I assume Oceania would send me a check, but so far nothing.

2 hours ago, jes95135 said:

Has anyone had any experience of Oceania refunding a deposit to a credit card account that was closed?

The bank says they returned the funds to Oceania as they don't accept funds into a closed account.  I assume Oceania would send me a check, but so far nothing.

Have you call Oceania  to discuss the situation?

On 7/5/2022 at 4:34 PM, jes95135 said:

I did this at the start of Covid.  However, Chase handled it very well we just had to request the money in check or online transfer.  The transfer did not take a long time.  But yes, lesson learned about putting a deposit on a credit card that you may  not keep open.