Catch Your Flight Home

RumpunchGirl

I would take option #2, staying the night in LA and flying home Sunday.  I wouldn’t take a chance on making an 11:00 AM flight after sailing into Long Beach.  You would need to be at LAX no later than 9:00 AM and even on weekends traffic is an issue.  LAX tends to be chaotic on weekends also.

I hate flying out of LAX - is LGB a possibility?  I have had flights as early as 10:40 out of LGB and had no problem getting there with time to spare.  But it's a tiny airport compared to LAX and you just don't have near the traffic to contend with.  Even if your flight is more expensive, your Uber will be less, and it is a way more pleasant airport experience.

Back in October we did have an 11:05 am flight (on Southwest) out of LAX and we made there in time, but we had no luggage to check.  Of course, the Pandemic was still a significant concern back then, and not as many people traveling.  We also had priority debarkation and were off the ship as early as possible.

• Like 1

When we docked in Long Beach, we were not allowed to get off the ship for several hours.  We had a shuttle waiting on us to take us to a hotel near LAX.  We never found out why they were not allowing us off the ship, but were so glad we were not trying to make a flight out that day and our shuttle waited for us.  I wouldn’t want to spend my cruise hoping we could make it to the airport in time to make our flight.

I have rolled the dice with early flights in the past with no problems. Last week's cruise on the Panorama I debated doing it again but decided against it and booked a later flight.

Good thing because of weather the previous day we were late getting into port so had a delayed debarkation. No way I could have made the earlier flight.

I can't answer about the time since I've never been out of that port, but I typically wait until Southwest releases their schedule for our cruise dates.  They typically offer the best flight options for us.  Not sure if that would be a possibility for you or not.

What cruise line? What time is the scheduled disembarkment time?

I think Customs & Immigration at the LA ports (or at least San Pedro) open at 7AM. If you walk off, you should be (should be being the operative words) done by 8AM at the latest and easily make an 11AM flight.

That said, if I had a choice between an 11AM flight or 1PM flight, I'd take the 1PM and not stress. If my  choices were an 11AM flight or spend the night in LA, I'd gamble on the 11AM flight.

34 minutes ago, gwenmarie said:

I will be coming off the Regatta on April 24 from Tahiti. We are flying out of LAX, can anyone suggest transportation from the port to that airport?

The Regatta is due to arrive at 8AM. I would not book a flight before noon and I'd use Uber or Lyft from San Pedro.