Testing Requirements for European Cruises?

2 minutes ago, Virginia100 said:

I have my Rome cruise on 8/8. I fully expect Celebrity to have the 2 day rule still in place. Nothing right now for Italy but previously 1 day rule for antigen. To cover all bases I get rapid antigen morning of 8/6, fly to Rome that afternoon, land early morning of 8/7, spend over night in Rome, board 8/8. All bases covered just in case. I trust nothing these days.going to try to get my FP time reduced . Due 5/19.

15 hours ago, jantoby said:

So I'm afraid that yes, there is "time expiration if you have had a booster shot."

No, there is not.

15 hours ago, cloud_nine said:

Nowhere does it say that the booster has a time expiration. 

This is correct

22 hours ago, Virginia100 said:

Italy has relaxed their guidelines for entry. Only one of the three below required:

"They must present a certificate of a completed initial vaccination cycle within the last nine months, or a complete cycle with booster, which can be longer than nine months ago. Alternatively, you can present a certificate of recovery from Covid-19 within the past six months, or a negative test result, taken within 48 hours (antigen) or 72 hours (PCR) of departure. This means that fully vaccinated arrivals no longer have to take a further test before travel to Italy."

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, glentally said:

So if everyone was vaxxed, tested and boostered and you all got sick what is the reasoning behind not letting un vaxxed cruise?  The answer is there is no reason, just SB.

What does SB mean?

33 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

It looks like May 8th is first RC sailing out of Barcelona, so we’re close to the 30 day window when they claim to communicate testing protocols. Any updates?

Still also waiting for Rome protocols. We're on the first one out, on 7th May.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

It looks like May 8th is first RC sailing out of Barcelona, so we’re close to the 30 day window when they claim to communicate testing protocols. Any updates?

The 30 days is BS.  April 15 is the first RC out of BCN.  The protocols were announced last week for that.  The protocols are under One Way trips in Europe.

33 minutes ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

The 30 days is BS.  April 15 is the first RC out of BCN.  The protocols were announced last week for that.  The protocols are under One Way trips in Europe.

Link, please?

1 hour ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Isn't that specifically for one way cruises though? That April 15th itinerary is a repo that goes from Barcelona to Copenhagen, so it's quite unusual. 

The cruises that @Billy Baltic and I were referring to are the first closed loop cruises from those particular ports and as far as I know the protocols have not yet been announced for those.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FionaMG said:

Isn't that specifically for one way cruises though? That April 15th itinerary is a repo that goes from Barcelona to Copenhagen, so it's quite unusual. 

The cruises that @Billy Baltic and I were referring to are the first closed loop cruises from those particular ports and as far as I know the protocols have not yet been announced for those.

Sorry, the point I was making is that you can't count on the protocols bring announced 30 days prior. That one was only 2 weeks prior. Billy said the first European sailing was may 8 and I said it was April 15th.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Native Floridian 26 said:

Sorry, the point I was making is that you can't count on the protocols bring announced 30 days prior. That one was only 2 weeks prior. Billy said the first European sailing was may 8 and I said it was April 15th.

Ah, ok. Thanks for clarifying. 

• Like 1

The UK has now opened vaccinations for 5 to 11 year olds, meaning that we could try and get our 10 year old vaccinated before our Summer cruise.  BUT as it stands in the UK, under 12s cannot get the NHS app, which is the way to get full proof of vaccination, and I can't see another way for a 10 year old to get proof.  So, if a vaccinated 10 year old has to still travel as an unvaccinated individual, what's the point in rushing!

12 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I think those are very likely to be the same protocols for roundtrip cruises from Barcelona, at least for a few months.

1 hour ago, Wedgeh said:

I think those are very likely to be the same protocols for roundtrip cruises from Barcelona, at least for a few months.

I would also suspect this will be the case bar the period before may change to 2 days depending on embarkation country. All could also change as we move through the summer and into Autumn as we see currently with different countries in an almost daily basis!

2 hours ago, colsky said:

The UK has now opened vaccinations for 5 to 11 year olds, meaning that we could try and get our 10 year old vaccinated before our Summer cruise.  BUT as it stands in the UK, under 12s cannot get the NHS app, which is the way to get full proof of vaccination, and I can't see another way for a 10 year old to get proof.  So, if a vaccinated 10 year old has to still travel as an unvaccinated individual, what's the point in rushing!

You can call 119 to get a paper copy of vaccinations for travel if you don't have the app.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kernow said:

You can call 119 to get a paper copy of vaccinations for travel if you don't have the app.

Unfortunately this is only for 12 year olds and above. We've just phoned to check, and they said that, as things currently stand, they won't issue these for vaccinated 5 to 11 year olds.  They said that this might get reviewed at some point in the future, but they admitted that you can't currently get proof of vaccination for travel for under 12s.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, colsky said:

Unfortunately this is only for 12 year olds and above. We've just phoned to check, and they said that, as things currently stand, they won't issue these for vaccinated 5 to 11 year olds.  They said that this might get reviewed at some point in the future, but they admitted that you can't currently get proof of vaccination for travel for under 12s.

That's ridiculous. I'd be furious.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, colsky said:

For all three of my cruises since the restart, Royal have accepted photos of my handwritten NHS record cards without question (the ones they give you at the time of your jab). So don’t assume that not being able to use the app or 119 service is a barrier.

Edited by gumshoe958
  • Like 1

On 3/8/2022 at 6:22 PM, Host Jacquelyn said:

I know nothing has been announced, but what is your speculation on whether testing would be required for European cruises this spring? The CDC covers US waters, not European. Flying in from North America with time zone changes and a night pre-cruise means I would need to test before I leave then once again in Europe prior to boarding.

HAL is not requiring embarkation testing.... I'm curious if the other lines will follow suit.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, PumpkinPatches said:

HAL is not requiring embarkation testing.... I'm curious if the other lines will follow suit.

I would so like this to be the case. I want to be excited about my upcoming cruise but I can't because of that nagging idea that it could be scuppered by a positive test. 🙁

• Like 1

On 3/9/2022 at 9:51 AM, jerseygirl3 said:

Just so you know,  the President doesn't say so.  It's up to local government.  

The mask rules for transportation is a national rule, not a local government rule.  The only time in Florida you need a mask is getting on a city bus (but not a school bus), and on a train, or at the airport.  Those are all controlled by executive orders that direct the mask wearing. Both the President, and federal agencies such as CDC and TSA work together to keep or remove it.  Same thing with testing to come back home.....has nothing to do with local rules.  

• Like 1