Live from the Sky March 12th Transatlantic

Rick&Jeannie

3 hours ago, db51 said:

Please can you continue the ‘live from’ - it is sad people have missed the cruise.

Even though (as the OP for this thread and we missed the boat as well) I'm sure that it will be carried on by others  when the internet allows!

• Like 2

On 3/10/2022 at 11:08 AM, alpha whiskey said:

We are deck 9 aft in August.

Although I am sympathetic to the situation and understand that they want the larger balconies for isolated people to enjoy, I would hope they would give us the heads up sooner rather than later in the hope that there might be a chance of having a better choice of cabin to switch to.

Does anyone know how far in advance they let you know of changes?

We were on the Sky in December, originally on Dolphin Deck mid ship.  The ship was only at 38% capacity for our cruise.  I believe the entire deck was closed off.

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Even though (as the OP for this thread and we missed the boat as well) I'm sure that it will be carried on by others  when the internet allows!

Oh no!  So sorry that you missed the cruise.  Will you try to catch up with the cruise at the first port or just cancelling the whole thing?  Best wishes to you.

8 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Oh no!  So sorry that you missed the cruise.  Will you try to catch up with the cruise at the first port or just cancelling the whole thing?  Best wishes to you.

No...no point in trying to catch up in the Azores.  That's a third of the cruise gone!  6 sea days...and I REALLY like sea days.  (And I really don't think I could swing a helicopter transfer from Fort Lauderdale! 😄)  No, we were able to cancel late last night so we will just get something else booked really soon.  It won't be the same as a TA...but any day on a ship is better than a day NOT on a ship, right?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

No...no point in trying to catch up in the Azores.  That's a third of the cruise gone!  6 sea days...and I REALLY like sea days.  (And I really don't think I could swing a helicopter transfer from Fort Lauderdale! 😄)  No, we were able to cancel late last night so we will just get something else booked really soon.  It won't be the same as a TA...but any day on a ship is better than a day NOT on a ship, right?

Great attitude!  Hope you're back onboard soon.

41 minutes ago, NthernLgts said:

We were on the Sky in December, originally on Dolphin Deck mid ship.  The ship was only at 38% capacity for our cruise.  I believe the entire deck was closed off.

Thanks for responding. Couple more questions for you, if you don't mind.

Were you happy with the cabin they moved you to and did you have a choice of staterooms?

How far in advance did they let you know that they would be moving you?

Edited by alpha whiskey

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Not too late to catch the Enchanted on April 9th. There's still room 😘 and there is a nice B2B  with the Baltic. But, yeah, it's gonna be cold.

Edited by judithzuz

1 hour ago, judithzuz said:

Not too late to catch the Enchanted on April 9th. There's still room 😘 and there is a nice B2B  with the Baltic. But, yeah, it's gonna be cold.

Thanks for pointing that out...but I think we'll pass on that one (for now). I'm not sure that planning anything around northern Europe is such a good idea right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alpha whiskey said:

Were you happy with the cabin they moved you to and did you have a choice of staterooms?

4 hours ago, alpha whiskey said:

Well, this probably wont give you the warm fuzzies but here's what happened with us.  They moved us up to the Caribe deck.  We were in D441 and wound up in C615.  Technically it was probably a bit of a downgrade, but honestly we didnt even catch it until we boarded.  We were still happy with our cabin.  Ive gone back and looked through my emails and I cannot find where we were even notified in advance of the change.  The only thing that could have happened was our TA was notified but we werent (just a guess).  We did get all kinds of Princess notifications on other things, but I cant find one on the cabin change.  It caused a bit of delay with our luggage too because we checked our bags at the gangway with the old cabin number.  They were delayed about 90 min.  Still, the cabins were very similar & the cruise was fantastic nonetheless.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I wonder whatever happened with that? I hope everything turned out OK.

She posted earlier that they went back home and arrived there last night close to 10 PM.  Princess offered to fly them to Spain to catch the ship next week to finish the cruise.  They declined because they didn't want to fly to Europe and only have a short cruise and then have to fly back. 

• Thanks 2

Can someone post what the heath protocols were for this TA.  Especially testing.  Did Princess send you documentation prior to cruise?   Princess has yet to post cruise protocols for other than US Sailings.  We are on the next TA and so far nothing from Princess except Important Notices which still states 2 day prior testing if vaccinated but does not address vaccinated and boosted.  Also indicates we will be tested at terminal.  Does not address any testing onboard.

Thanks

39 minutes ago, emeraldlake said:

Can someone post what the heath protocols were for this TA.  Especially testing.  Did Princess send you documentation prior to cruise?   Princess has yet to post cruise protocols for other than US Sailings.  We are on the next TA and so far nothing from Princess except Important Notices which still states 2 day prior testing if vaccinated but does not address vaccinated and boosted.  Also indicates we will be tested at terminal.  Does not address any testing onboard.

Thanks

Suggest you look at the Roll Call for this cruise which covers your queries at length - and I mean at length!

On 3/9/2022 at 6:55 AM, GonzoWCS said:

Interesting have done both a Trans-Atlantic, and a Trans-Pacific and never really experienced issues.  and those were over 3 years ago.  Watching this thread to see how things go.  Have a great Sail!

Cheers

I think it strange too. We have done at least 15 TAs and never experienced the almost complete outage we had on the Regal last November. In fact, we did a TA on the Regal in April 2019 from FLL TO CPH and had pretty good internet until Azores. It was bad from then to CPH. I think Princess might have changed providers.

10 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

You were lucky, my TA and I tried for hours to get through to Princess to cancel with no luck.  I don’t know what happens now, but as others have not so politely pointed out, there are worse things going on in the world than me missing a cruise.

Denise

• Like 1

Someone on the ship posted in a FB group today that they are missing their first port stop.  No explanation provided.  I kept thinking that if anyone who missed the ship took the option to meet the ship at the first port stop they would have been disappointed - again.  Oh and she mentioned that the Wifi was very spotty with some having better luck than others.

Yes, my wife confirmed (via FB) that someone has posted they will be bypassing the Azores.

As they get closer to the Azores, we should start hearing more & more from those on board (assuming they wish to break away from all the fun they're having to post for us poor folks that missed the boat!) 😄

• Like 1