Medallion shipping

wannagonow123

Back in November 2021 we sailed on the Caribbean Princess and we got our Medallions 3 weeks before sailing. We are now traveling on the April 2, 2022 sailing on Emerald Princess, 19 days to go, and no shipping info as of yet. Any idea when this should be happening?

@wannagonow123, unfortunately, the shipping details are all over the map, literally: some shipping from California, some from New Jersey, some from Malaysia. And the tracking info is less than reliable. I've read about many who experienced the same as we experienced before our December 2021 Sky sailing: received notice medallions shipped from NJ about 2 weeks before sail date. Being only a few hundred miles from our home in Boston, we were hopeful they'd arrive quickly. But, then they were scanned as arriving in California ... where they preceded to sit for 6 days. Then, overnight, we got a flurry of tracking info for departure from CA, arrival in Boston, out for delivery and at our door, all within about 5 hours time (i.e., not enough time for any of that information to be accurate.)  For our next cruise, we elected to just pick them up at the port.

• Haha 1

I am sailing the same time you are and my medallion has not shipped either.

My last medallion shipped from Asia in 14 days before cruise and arrived quickly.

Edited by Coral

We were on the Grand in December and got our medallions two weeks prior to sailing. I don’t know exactly when they shipped but it seems like we received them shortly after they shipped (maybe 2 days but that’s a guess because I don’t remember for sure).

11 hours ago, wannagonow123 said:

Back in November 2021 we sailed on the Caribbean Princess and we got our Medallions 3 weeks before sailing. We are now traveling on the April 2, 2022 sailing on Emerald Princess, 19 days to go, and no shipping info as of yet. Any idea when this should be happening?

We just got ours yesterday for a cruise next week.

12 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

We did not get any notification of shipping, just showed up.  I had the original order email, but no other updates.

If memory serves, you have to "opt in" when you place the order if you want to receive tracking notifications. I could be mistaken, but I seem to recall needing to tick a box saying I wanted to receive tracking notifications. 

Edited by 5:00_Somewhere

We are also on the Grand on March 25 and have not received a notice of shipping or the medallion

Many others on our roll call are in the same position

Yes,we did ask for  the medallion to be shipped 

If we don't get it we will just pick one up at the port

23 hours ago, 5:00_Somewhere said:

@wannagonow123, unfortunately, the shipping details are all over the map, literally: some shipping from California, some from New Jersey, some from Malaysia. And the tracking info is less than reliable. I've read about many who experienced the same as we experienced before our December 2021 Sky sailing: received notice medallions shipped from NJ about 2 weeks before sail date. Being only a few hundred miles from our home in Boston, we were hopeful they'd arrive quickly. But, then they were scanned as arriving in California ... where they preceded to sit for 6 days. Then, overnight, we got a flurry of tracking info for departure from CA, arrival in Boston, out for delivery and at our door, all within about 5 hours time (i.e., not enough time for any of that information to be accurate.)  For our next cruise, we elected to just pick them up at the port.

This is exactly what we're experiencing right now, though ours are sitting in Jamaica NY right now and not NJ.  They "shipped" on the 8th and are sitting at a status of "arrived at shipping partner facility - USPS awaiting item" since then.  Actually, I just looked to confirm that status and within the past 10 minutes, it just changed to "Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility" which means they should be delivered tomorrow.  USPS Informed Delivery can be your friend on these things as they'll show up there even if you don't get a shipping notice from the company.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, riffatsea said:

We are also on the Grand on March 25 and have not received a notice of shipping or the medallion

Many others on our roll call are in the same position

Yes,we did ask for  the medallion to be shipped 

If we don't get it we will just pick one up at the port

We're on the same cruise......DW got hers on Saturday, mine is scheduled to be delivered today!  You would think they would mail together??????!

For our October 30, 2021 Majestic cruise, everyone on our Roll Call appeared to get an email from Princess telling us the Medallions were coming on October 13...and it appears (after looking back at the roll call) that everyone got them some time between the 14th and the 17th...so, basically, two weeks before sailing...They were pretty consistent on that one...

We'll be on Majestic again April 30 ...so I am sort of expecting the same thing about April 13-17...

Tracking says ours got delivered to our mailbox yesterday.  Due to weather I didn't walk up to get the mail, but it's calm and nice toda so I'll make the trek..  I have mixed feelings about the Medallions, our first time using them.

On 3/13/2022 at 12:40 PM, koreakruiser said:

We are sailing 27 March (14 days out) and have receive no notifications yet, while some in our roll call are reporting having received their Medallions already.  For our cruise last November, we received them 17 days out.

We also sail in 12 days on 3/27 and on the app it still shows Not Shipped despite being ordered 6 months ago & received a confirmation email. No shipping email nor Medallions while many on the roll call have received them.

Pre & post pause in sailing received tracking email & then delivery 2 weeks in advance. It’s so frustrating to have Princess mishandle our order & also having delayed reserving the LA cruise terminal B92 (NCL Bliss got it) for Discovery’s inaugural cruise passengers will be processed in a tent at a remote pier not previously used for cruise ships. No Medallions with an unreliable app in a temporary tent…not a great way to begin the inaugural cruise.

Edited by Astro Flyer