Final folio delivered to email? When?

luvavacation

Came home yesterday from our first Princess cruise.  I went to Guest Services the night before departure for my final folio (Medallion was not updating for the last evening), and I was told that I would receive it in my email as soon as I departed the ship.  It has been over 24 hours, and I have nothing.

I do have a charge to my credit card, though.  I do not know what the charge is for, and it would be nice to have that folio.

How long does this normally take?

FYI, this is the first time I have ever left a ship without my final folio in hand. I assumed it would be slipped under my door before departure, but it was not.  Cabin steward said Princess doesn't do that.  I went to Guest Services, crazy long line, and we had to depart so I did not wait.  Figured there would be nothing on it since my last checked balance from the Medallion app was a -- $2.12 .  Curious about this charge on my credit card now.

For our August Majestic cruise, I went to Passenger Service on disembarkation morning because we didn't have a folio delivered.  They printed it out but said it had been sent via email as that was the new procedure.  I checked email and sure enough there it was.

After disembarking the Regal on February 26th I didn't go to Passenger Service as I figured we had it in email.  Nope.  Nothing there.  Got it 8 days later.  No survey either.  Well I did finally get one last Wednesday but that was only after I sent a message to Customer Relations by using one of the options under Contact Us on the Princess website.  As with other things, the distribution of the post cruise folio and survey has gotten erratic.

Our cruise ended first of this month. I didn't keep track of the days until the email, but roughly a week later. The email title and appearance looks like a questionaire about your experience. Possibly you received and deleted. Check your trashed emails.

The app didn't work onboard, long lines at passenger services... Can totally relate.

10 minutes ago, gullgeorge said:

Of the seven Princess cruises over the last 4 months, some have arrived the day of disembarkation, others a week later.  Much faster than any refund which is now at two months and waiting.

Re: refunds.  At the one month point last Friday I called to check on mine.  I had a wonderful rep who got ahold of someone in the revenue area and said they would do everything possible to get it done that day.  No evidence of that on my credit card yet but I'm watching daily.  If you haven't done it already you might want to use chat or give them a call to find out the status.

I did a b2b on the Regal.  Got my survey from the first cruise before I would have disembarked if I was not doing the b2b.  Never got the survey for the second cruise (same one as azbirdmom).  

The last night of the second cruis we got a printed copy of our folio by going to Passenger Services.  Two days after disembarking we got an email from Princess.  The folio was dated for the whole two week time period but charges stopped 1-2 days into the second cruise.  Weird.  About 8 days after disembarking we got an email from Princess with all the charges.  So strange.  I think they have to rehire the people they let go!

Edited by dickinson
  • Like 1

We always get an email almost instantaneously after getting off the ship, folio + survey.  This past month returning from Hawaii was the first time that we got neither.  We filled out the inquiry form on "Contact Us" page of Princess website and got folio 3 days later.  No survey.  

I can be cynical and think that they don't care what we think anymore, but I know that's probably not true.  More likely the robot who sends these things out is due for a refurbish.