2022 October Getaway Cruises

armwinder

We have a cruise booked on the Getaway out of Copenhagen this October.  All cruises on the Getaway in October/November 2022 have disappeared from their website. Could be just a glitch. It still shows up on our account though, (for now at least) 

• Like 1

There is another email being sent stating that all Getaway sailings from Copenhagen from June 14 though October 9 have been cancelled. People who have paid will get a full refund without having do anything. They are also being offered 10% off of another cruise between March 2022 and March 2023. Someone posted it on FB group page.

3 hours ago, armwinder said:

We have a cruise booked on the Getaway out of Copenhagen this October.  All cruises on the Getaway in October/November 2022 have disappeared from their website. Could be just a glitch. It still shows up on our account though, (for now at least) 

Just received a email canceling our cruise on the Getaway in November! ☹️

1 hour ago, lizord said:

Did they announce where she will be redeployed to?

Not sure there has been anything official said but I was told that travel agent sites are now showing the Getaway out of Rome this summer.  Her transatlantic has also been canceled so this makes sense.

Edited by Travelling2Some
  • Like 1

We’ve already paid for flights Sydney->Rome and NY->Sydney, via our TA. I don’t like our chances of getting our money back from the airline, and we were bitten by cancellations while on a b2b cruise we were on in March 2020. It took six months to get (most of) our money back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Travelling2Some said:

Not sure there has been anything official said but I was told that travel agent sites are now showing the Getaway out of Rome this summer.  Her transatlantic has also been canceled so this makes sense.

But if she sails from Rome, why would they cancel her TA on late Nov which already was planned from Rome? That doesn‘t make sense to me..

23 minutes ago, Ulsteinvik said:

But if she sails from Rome, why would they cancel her TA on late Nov which already was planned from Rome? That doesn‘t make sense to me..

Same here!  London to ROME....end of November....why is this one being cancelled?  Just disappointed and was looking forward to it....been in treatment since 2018 and now able to "relax" a bit....wanted to spend these last years travelling....

2 hours ago, blobby113 said:

We’ve already paid for flights Sydney->Rome and NY->Sydney, via our TA. I don’t like our chances of getting our money back from the airline, and we were bitten by cancellations while on a b2b cruise we were on in March 2020. It took six months to get (most of) our money back.

I posted over on our roll call.  Best of wishes to you and your wife.  I hope you can make some changes and keep some of your journey in place.  TTYL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chloemonkey said:

Same here!  London to ROME....end of November....why is this one being cancelled?  Just disappointed and was looking forward to it....been in treatment since 2018 and now able to "relax" a bit....wanted to spend these last years travelling....

The remark I heard about the transatlantic may just be hearsay because you are both right that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.  I know what you mean - we retired right before covid hit expressly to travel and hoping we could do that before medical issues would become a factor.  Can't catch a break with numerous canceled cruises, sky high car rentals and now the price of gas! 

We got our notice yesterday for the 10/18 sailing out of Copenhagen. Particularly bummed because this was our 30th anniversary trip and we were planning to renew our vows at the Eiffel Tower. At this point, we've actually had more cruises cancelled than we've been able to actually go on!

Oh well, back to the drawing board.