Confusion on Timing of Covid Test and Health Assessment

Roz

I'm boarding the Rotterdam on Sunday, March 20.  I'm flying to FLL on Saturday, March 19.  Covid test scheduled at Walgreens for Friday at 10 am.  When I go to my acct. in says the Health Assessment will be available on Thursday, March 17.

Today I received an email from HAL about VeriFLY.  I don't think I'll use it because I won't have access to a printer or scanner on Friday, but this caught my eye:

"Complete health assessment within 72 hours before sailing after submitting proof of COVID-19 vaccination and COVID-19 test results."  

If I understand this correctly, I can't complete the health assessment until I have Covid test results (2-day window), but the Health Assessment is available 72 hrs. ahead which is a 3-day window.  Does this make any sense?

All of this last minute garbage has become so stressful, and I'm trying to coordinate things with my sister who lives in another state.  I'm losing my enthusiasm for this cruise.  This is our 3rd attempt and at this point I can't even remember why we booked it in the first place.  

Roz,

Take a deep breath and try to relax. The easiest way to get answers this close to your sailing date is to call HAL directly. It is not difficult. Call the General Reservation number on the non-800 number. The help I got precruise in 12/21 was awesome and prompt. 800 number had problems.

Jim

• Like 2

OHHHHH.  Maybe they are finally adopting the 72 hour that Princess and Carnival have adopted.  Let me go see if I can find any kind of update for you.  

Nope, I see not mention of a change to policy.  It must be as @12cruise2 said.

@Roz Many of us are sick of the government's ruling over our vacations.  I have written to all of my elected representatives about this.  

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, jeh10641 said:

Roz,

Take a deep breath and try to relax. The easiest way to get answers this close to your sailing date is to call HAL directly. It is not difficult. Call the General Reservation number on the non-800 number. The help I got precruise in 12/21 was awesome and prompt. 800 number had problems.

Jim

Honestly I wish it was as easy to call and get an answer. In the last few days people have been on hold for several hours. My issue has been conflicting information from reps who seem to be new or with outdated information. It is incredibly confusing and certainly not a good business model.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Brodysmum said:

We are feeling so stressed too. Have to drive 45 minutes for our test, then trying to fill in the Veryfly , we are going nuts, I need the cruise to get over all this ….

It’s my impression that you don’t need to use the verifly.  It was super quick without it on the koningsdam on March 6 doing it the “manual” way.  I wouldn’t bother with it if you are rushed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was Koningsdam last week it was really a very painless process. The health assessment opened at 72 hours and is supposed to be completed by 24 hours before. My understanding is some people have had trouble completing it and they were screened at the pier. The survey is only 4 questions long and should look very much like this. Unless something has drastically changed, you do not need to submit any documentation in advance. They will check the vaccination and covid test results at the pier. I think the wording on their site & instructions are just a bit unclear.

1058960090_ScreenShot2021-11-11at12_53_58AM.thumb.png.11392afce93769a4593402f40ed3962d.png

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Roz said:

All of this last minute garbage has become so stressful, and I'm trying to coordinate things with my sister who lives in another state.  I'm losing my enthusiasm for this cruise.  This is our 3rd attempt and at this point I can't even remember why we booked it in the first place.  

38 minutes ago, ChicagoDude said:

Say there Roz, we all could do without the political commentary.  Follow the rules or don't.  

I sure do not take Roz's comments as "political commentary".  Just a statement of her frustration of the process now-a-days.

• Like 10

Hi Roz , we are on the same cruise . Also flying in on Saturday 3/19. and we have our Walgreens COVID tests at 945 and 10:00am on Friday. Just fill out the Health Assessment after your test results on Friday. We usually get the Walgreens results in 1-2 hours.  Print off the negative test result. On Sunday, just take your passport, boarding pass, vaccination cards and the printed copy of your negative test for your checking at the port! You will likely get through the line faster than those with cell phones/VeriFLYapp. 
no need to stress….And I saw nothing political in your remarks!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi all,

Ami incorrect that an at home Antigen test done day before cruise recommended from HAL website will not be acceptable when boarding cruise, leaving Canada?

should I schedule an Antigen test at Walgreens or CVS instead?

I appreciate all the responses too.

Trying to breath and agree with Roz.
Thank you, 

Sandipalms

• Like 1

It must be a proctored test…..There are  home tests like the BinaxNOW that are proctored and you get an email result of the test. They can be purchased at the Optum Store online. It is an antigen test accepted by Celebrity and Royal . I have used it with no problem. Walgreens is easy and no cost, at least so far!

It is my understanding if  Americans are entering Canada to take a cruise from a Canadian port, you need to have a PVR test three days prior to your cruise, or a rapid antigen test within one day of your cruise. Here is a link for Canada's requirements:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/domestic-travel#ready

23 hours ago, Canadaclyde said:

It is my understanding if  Americans are entering Canada to take a cruise from a Canadian port, you need to have a PVR test three days prior to your cruise, or a rapid antigen test within one day of your cruise. Here is a link for Canada's requirements:

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/domestic-travel#ready

As of April 1, for fully vaccinated travelers, this requirement will be no more.  Official announcement from the government is scheduled for tomorrow (Mar 17).

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DC1andDC2 said:

As of April 1, for fully vaccinated travelers, this requirement will be no more.  Official announcement from the government is scheduled for tomorrow (Mar 17).

That sure will make things easier for so many people.

The official announcement was made today and posted on the government website:  "Starting April 1, 2022, pre-entry tests will no longer be required for fully vaccinated travellers entering Canada by land, air or water. Until then, follow the pre-entry test requirements."

"All travellers entering Canada, including returning residents, continue to be required to input their mandatory information in ArriveCAN within 72 hours before their arrival in Canada."

• Like 1