Grand Northern Europe Voyage - Lisbon to Stockholm - May 6, 2022 to June 28, 2022

mysty

Today we did a Chocolate and Beer tasting excursion.  The chocolate shop was called Frida and the brewery was called Segull 67.  Some pics from our adventure.....

DSC09517.JPG.b97649ad9a52292aecfefe99a78360d0.JPG

DSC09518.JPG.0d80ec30db31df63c49b4bb2cf92fe18.JPG

DSC09519.JPG.afe890260f02f922699adcf0def6aca6.JPG

DSC09521.JPG.69a3143e2f6d7eae669338432f542bfb.JPG

DSC09530.JPG.e6e6d7fbac22e202e510a9e58caf774a.JPG

DSC09531.JPG.ff0a74b2a8a94950ba5c41428df488e0.JPG

DSC09542.JPG.8148904fef50e0a7f53d7bf723a311f9.JPG

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

Just now, Tudorcruisers said:

Sounds amazing.  I really hope cases drop and everyone stays safe.  

Thank you Tudor!  People were being a little more careful today! 😁

• Like 1

That’s good news.  I have avoided it so far and been so very careful it would be annoying to catch it while on hols .  On our last cruise in April pretty much 95% of passengers were still wearing masks though I realise now things are changing.  See you all in a few weeks.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mysty said:

It makes for an interesting breakfast! 😅  Our excursion started at 9:30 am.

Oh wow, did you eat something on the ship before the tour? The chocolate could have been a little dessert or a nosh for later on🙂

I love beer but not in the morning............

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mysty said:

Today we did a Chocolate and Beer tasting excursion.  The chocolate shop was called Frida and the brewery was called Segull 67.  Some pics from our adventure.....

DSC09517.JPG.b97649ad9a52292aecfefe99a78360d0.JPG

DSC09518.JPG.0d80ec30db31df63c49b4bb2cf92fe18.JPG

DSC09519.JPG.afe890260f02f922699adcf0def6aca6.JPG

DSC09521.JPG.69a3143e2f6d7eae669338432f542bfb.JPG

DSC09530.JPG.e6e6d7fbac22e202e510a9e58caf774a.JPG

DSC09531.JPG.ff0a74b2a8a94950ba5c41428df488e0.JPG

DSC09542.JPG.8148904fef50e0a7f53d7bf723a311f9.JPG

We did that too!

Edited by zqtchas
But in the afternoon.
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, zqtchas said:

That is what the captain said. In transit is one who is staying on foe another leg/voyage

and was tested the day before the end.

Thanks, ZQT. I should have know that.  Reading to quickly, I guess. Stay healthy.

7 hours ago, zqtchas said:

My advice is to wait until after the summer pent up cabin fever crazy crowd

gets it out of there system.

You’ve been lucky to go as much as you have during this time.  Although we don’t have a voyage booked until 2024, it still saddens me to think it’ll have been four years since our last in 2020.

• Like 1

And today we did the other tour offered at Siglufjordur. It was called Herring Show and tasting, but it included a guided tour of the very interesting herring industry museum.

2A773181-3C09-46A1-84FC-4E65512A719B.jpeg

02C3B484-63F2-4BA6-9DE7-92330E91195A.jpeg

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Thanks, ZQT. I should have know that.  Reading to quickly, I guess. Stay healthy.

You’ve been lucky to go as much as you have during this time.  Although we don’t have a voyage booked until 2024, it still saddens me to think it’ll have been four years since our last in 2020.

Me too Stumble.....last voyage was 2019 .....could be the last.  So sad. 

• Thanks 2

Just now, RELS said:

And today we did the other tour offered at Siglufjordur. It was called Herring Show and tasting, but it included a guided tour of the very interesting herring industry museum.

2A773181-3C09-46A1-84FC-4E65512A719B.jpeg

02C3B484-63F2-4BA6-9DE7-92330E91195A.jpeg

Thanks for chiming in RELS!  Very happy to have other fellow passengers weighing in! 😁

All this talk of covid on board has made me very concerned.  We have splurged on a Silver suite on the Moon later this year.  If we were to test positive and had to move to deck 6,  would our travel insurance (through Silversea) compensate us for the difference in fare and what appears to be the lesser dining options?  If we had to disembark, who would pack our bags?  Would we be compensated for the loss of part of the voyage if we disembarked early or were unable to take the b2b?

Sorry to bring up the subject, but I hope someone on board has an answer.

Today we will be in Akureyri, Iceland.   There will be a Grand Northern Europe event from this port.  We will travel to Husavik and from there board traditional Icelandic oak ships to sail to Flatey Island.   Pic from our sail in....

20220602_070749.thumb.jpg.804f0dfd420995278e3b781536cb79fb.jpg

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

All this talk of covid on board has made me very concerned.  We have splurged on a Silver suite on the Moon later this year.  If we were to test positive and had to move to deck 6,  would our travel insurance (through Silversea) compensate us for the difference in fare and what appears to be the lesser dining options?  If we had to disembark, who would pack our bags?  Would we be compensated for the loss of part of the voyage if we disembarked early or were unable to take the b2b?

What happened to me was that after I tested positive I was asked to remain in my cabin until they were ready to transfer me to the red zone, and during that time to pack my bag. Since I travel with only carry on luggage that didn't take long but it was a couple of hours, (so plenty of time to pack more bags), before I was transferred with all my belongings to my isolation cabin. My butler sent along the contents of my fridge!

You should read the Covid-19 section on the SS website:

https://www.silversea.com/lp-refund-and-cancellation-policy-covid-19.html

After I was disembarked, I was cared for very well during my isolation period in a Lisbon hotel (for which SS paid, food, drink, everything) by the Silvercare Team and after I got home I applied for and received promptly full refunds for the night I spent in isolation on the ship, the 7 night (B2B) cruise I was denied, and a hotel night in London.

So you shouldn't need to worry about a fare difference, your isolation nights are free.

The (much) lesser dining options would be your biggest disappointment, the nurse has to deliver it so they only offer three deliveries a day but you can order what you want.

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 8

7 hours ago, Emtbsam said:

If we were to test positive and had to move to deck 6,  would our travel insurance (through Silversea) compensate us for the difference in fare and what appears to be the lesser dining options?

I doubt travel insurance will compensate for a lower quality of cabin on a ship, or the fact that you will be getting food delivered to your room instead of going to a restaurant. What SS might do in terms of a FCC is a different matter.

Early on in the resumption of cruising, cruise lines seemed to be generously offering FCCs for days in isolation onboard or off the ship. They needed to, in order to give customers confidence to travel. As we settle uneasily into this time when Covid is still very much with us, I don't know if it's certain cruise lines will continue to be as generous. It's quite expensive for a cruise line to pay for a passenger in a hotel, all their food and drink, and new flights — and also to give them full credit for the days missed one the cruise. The cost is a little lower if the passenger is isolated onboard, but the cruise line is still incurring the expenses of food and drink, testing and cleaning, etc. for zero revenue if they give the customer a FCC for days in isolation. I envision cruise lines will eventually transition out of being financially responsible, pushing those costs onto customers' insurance.