Expired?? Sale 72 Hour Sale but no expiration date question

sunonfire

On Saturday when I used my VIFP number, there was a 72 hour sale. It was a great deal. I did not book because my husband had to have an endoscopy today. Obviously we needed to know if he even could go on a cruise. Long story he is fine nothing serious. The sale is gone and the price went up $500 this morning. Now this afternoon it is $1000 more than my offer on Saturday. I took a screenshot of my offer but if there is no way Carnival will honor it, I don’t want to waste time on the phone waiting if there is no chance. I will continue to check the cruise leaves on the 27th - my birthday.

The sale offer typically needs to be used during the sale time frame (72 hrs for this one from first posted). 

Next time, if you see something you might be interested in, book it (go through the motions of booking) and when it gets to the payment screen click the courtesy hold to extend the sale offer (right now my holds are showing additional 96 hrs to decide).  This will hold the cabin and the rate, we just did this for a Mardi Gras 72 hr offer for December, well after the sale went off.  Sorry you missed out but next time you will know.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I doubt we see those prices again anytime soon. I think that was an aggressive attempt to get bookings on lessor filled ships and cabins and motivate past cruisers to set bookings. I'm sure their bookings went through the roof on that promotion. Anyone who was on the fence, heck, even those who had no intention of cruising, probably booked that deal. I don't think it would be worth your time, I highly doubt they will give you any expired prices. The ship may not have many cabins left, hence the higher price points. 

40 minutes ago, sunonfire said:

On Saturday when I used my VIFP number, there was a 72 hour sale. It was a great deal. I did not book because my husband had to have an endoscopy today. Obviously we needed to know if he even could go on a cruise. Long story he is fine nothing serious. The sale is gone and the price went up $500 this morning. Now this afternoon it is $1000 more than my offer on Saturday. I took a screenshot of my offer but if there is no way Carnival will honor it, I don’t want to waste time on the phone waiting if there is no chance. I will continue to check the cruise leaves on the 27th - my birthday.

Next time click thru and it says book ..and under it says HOLD. Click hold. It asked me to sign in, I did. 96 hour hold.

If you do this just in case you dont lose the offer.

14 minutes ago, Drazil65 said:

The sale offer typically needs to be used during the sale time frame (72 hrs for this one from first posted). 

Next time, if you see something you might be interested in, book it (go through the motions of booking) and when it gets to the payment screen click the courtesy hold to extend the sale offer (right now my holds are showing additional 96 hrs to decide).  This will hold the cabin and the rate, we just did this for a Mardi Gras 72 hr offer for December, well after the sale went off.  Sorry you missed out but next time you will know.  🙂

Oh you only got 72 hours? I got 96 hours. ..hmm. 

My hold was an additional 96 hrs per my reply above, I put the hold on during the 72 hr sale.   We completed the booking well after the 72 hr sale offer expired with the hold and the additional 96 hrs we had.  

Edited by Drazil65

6 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

I doubt we see those prices again anytime soon. I think that was an aggressive attempt to get bookings on lessor filled ships and cabins and motivate past cruisers to set bookings. I'm sure their bookings went through the roof on that promotion. Anyone who was on the fence, heck, even those who had no intention of cruising, probably booked that deal. I don't think it would be worth your time, I highly doubt they will give you any expired prices. The ship may not have many cabins left, hence the higher price points. 

The offer was available on most every cruise, but highly capacity controlled.  Most of the cruises over Christmas / New Years, for example, sold out of promo fares within hours.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Itried4498 said:

The offer was available on most every cruise, but highly capacity controlled.  Most of the cruises over Christmas / New Years, for example, sold out of promo fares within hours.

Interesting. Yeah, I tried booking those dates but the rates were not discounted and were very high. Did get two booked still, one over a holiday just not those two. Was a heck of a deal/promo to be sure. 

5 hours ago, Itried4498 said:

I'm really surprised they had any Christmas/New Years cruises included in the sale. I must have been too late because I didn't see any.

16 hours ago, cruisingguy007 said:

This is me. I had no intention of booking a cruise but got an offer I couldn't refuse.  Booked on Saturday the cruise has almost doubled since then. 

• Like 2

On 3/15/2022 at 5:55 PM, Drazil65 said:

My hold was an additional 96 hrs per my reply above, I put the hold on during the 72 hr sale.   We completed the booking well after the 72 hr sale offer expired with the hold and the additional 96 hrs we had.  

This is what we did. I put the hold on our cabin the last day of the sale with no money down and then had 96 hours to book it with a payment. I booked it with 3hrs left on the hold! LoL Got a suite for the first time ever! Pretty excited!

• Like 2

On 3/15/2022 at 2:42 PM, Drazil65 said:

Yes this!  do it constantly! I do like 3 cruises a year and I just watch the prices and decide based on what I see ^.^

On 3/16/2022 at 12:59 AM, cruisingguy007 said:

Interesting. Yeah, I tried booking those dates but the rates were not discounted and were very high. Did get two booked still, one over a holiday just not those two. Was a heck of a deal/promo to be sure. 

I was able to book 3 additional cabins using my adult kids and mom vifp number for Christmas on the Mardi Gras I already had mine booked the day before the sale. Saved about ~1400 starting out owing ~2600 with the sale ~1200 for 2 balcony. I was able to quickly add the 3 additional for ~1600 per balcony.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2022 at 5:14 PM, sunonfire said:

OP-  not sure if this still will work out for you but they just put out the same 72 hour sale up again today. We as well missed out on it last time but were able to book it today! Saved us over $1000!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Tarheelblues said:

OP-  not sure if this still will work out for you but they just put out the same 72 hour sale up again today. We as well missed out on it last time but were able to book it today! Saved us over $1000!

I wish I could see it under dh only Australia.