Small Cutbacks Noticed

tawlaw1526

On 3/16/2022 at 12:13 AM, cruzin4us said:

I also noticed that your room is only serviced in the morning, no turn down servicing.   

I don't care anymore about the towel animals or chocolates, but I sure liked my bed turned down.........

You can request a bed turn-down every night with your room steward.    That's what we did.   We also requested the daily Princess Platter of events and Ice be placed in the room everyday.   

Cut backs I have noticed is in the quality of the food.  The dinning room food and desserts were not up to standards.    I am elite and I can tell that the food was not up to par.

The Lido buffet was half closed the whole cruise meaning the Greek section was never available.   Something I really enjoy.   

When we went to Tea time, it was terrible, their Scones were Stones, inedible. They used to hand make the jam, now it comes out of a jar. 

I think the most frustrating thing on the ship was that there are no menus at the bar or coffee shop anymore.   Now the staff tell you to use the Medallion app to see the menus. The Medallion app is garbage,  It hardly ever works.   Also, the full menu is not on  the Medallion.  I found if you insist on a paper menu at the bar, they will bring you one.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2022 at 12:19 AM, tawlaw1526 said:

Yes, I too miss the evening turn down.   I just miss the little extra special touches that made Princess cruises feel a step above.    I know these are all very minor and won’t change my outcome but these cutbacks didn’t go unnoticed.     

Chocolates ended with covid. You can ask for evening turn down service.

On 4/6/2022 at 5:12 PM, Doug R. said:

How long ago was that? I don't remember that in my years of cruising with Princess since the early 2000's,

I don't remember cookies in the cabin either....maybe that was just for suites?

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

Chocolates ended with covid. You can ask for evening turn down service.

Just saw on video Youtube the Folks on Holland America are getting said mints (chocolates)  in their staterooms. Go figure

On 4/10/2022 at 1:06 PM, Lady Meer said:

We’ve always had them in minis, including last Sept on Regal.

I've been in one mini and one suite. No slippers in the mini, slippers in the suite.

That doesn't say much, tho'...as I've posted elsewhere, I had to ask for almost every suite amenity on the list. Total suite disappointment.

11 hours ago, suzyed said:

I don't remember cookies in the cabin either....maybe that was just for suites?

They did have a plate of dried out cookies at one time many years ago.

I can't imagine that many people ate them.