Small Cutbacks Noticed

tawlaw1526

22 minutes ago, Potstech said:

You forgot butter, breadsticks and barrel chairs.

5 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

I think the day is coming when the cruise Personalizer contains a three-page questionnaire that looks something like this:

INDICATE ITEMS REQUESTED:  
WAFFLE ROBES
SLIPPERS
PEN (PLEASE SPECIFY INK COLOR)
WRITING PAPER

Can I specify an italic point fountain pen?

DON

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

A friend of mine has booked their first Princess Cruise and they cannot find in the Cruise Personalizer the option to request a robe but me having been on multiple Princess cruise do have the option.

Perhaps old hands at cruising with Princess are grandfathered in for robes? Does this mean newbies will never be offered a robe even if they make more reservations with Princess?

My first Princess cruise, but I had the option.

1 hour ago, Potstech said:

You forgot butter, breadsticks and barrel chairs.

On our current Majestic cruise, we have been asked at each of our dinners how many pats of butter we wanted. The servers were happy to give us as much as we wanted for bread and potatoes. But, there still are no barrel chairs.

21 minutes ago, WAvoyager said:

Can anyone tell me where the option is?  I don’t see it anywhere.

In your on-line personalizer click on Check-In.  At the bottom of the page check the complementary robe in cabin.

You know in all fairness, the OP did admittedly title the thread about noticing “small” cutbacks….with a title like that I expected the kind of minor issues that were listed. Some of the pearl-clutchy responses to these observations by mocking or otherwise being over critical seem a bit unwarranted. The OP did not say these are dealbreakers, just reporting back so people can plan better. 

• Like 9

On 3/22/2022 at 4:43 PM, capriccio said:

In your on-line personalizer click on Check-In.  At the bottom of the page check the complementary robe in cabin.

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

https://book.princess.com/cruisepersonalizer/paxCheckIn.page

Then at bottom of page is Onboard Preferences.

image.png.d91b3f717bb1cd5110ee00100feb6865.png

Ah - thanks guys.  I was looking in the app.  The Cruise Personalizer isn’t letting me log in right now.  🙄

• Like 1

17 hours ago, vjmatty said:

You know in all fairness, the OP did admittedly title the thread about noticing “small” cutbacks….with a title like that I expected the kind of minor issues that were listed. Some of the pearl-clutchy responses to these observations by mocking or otherwise being over critical seem a bit unwarranted. The OP did not say these are dealbreakers, just reporting back so people can plan better. 

Agree, well said. Thanks for this observation. 

Plus, everyone has a different idea of what affects their cruise experience, so why question or invalidate what people have mentioned.

For instance, I could care less about "chair hogs" and never comment on those links, but I feel like everyone has a right to talk or complain about it. If the cut back doesn't affect you or you don't agree with it........move on. 

• Like 7

On 3/22/2022 at 12:15 PM, JimmyVWine said:

I think the day is coming when the cruise Personalizer contains a three-page questionnaire that looks something like this:

INDICATE ITEMS REQUESTED:  
WAFFLE ROBES
SLIPPERS
PEN (PLEASE SPECIFY INK COLOR)
WRITING PAPER
HARDCOPY OF PATTERS
HARDCOPY OF ANNNOUNCEMENTS

HARDCOPY OF SALES PROMOTIONS

HARDCOPY NOTICE THAT YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE HARDCOPY NOTICES

WHITEBOARD FOR WRITTEN NOTICES

PLEASE DON'T NOTICE ME

REUSABLE TUMBLER
REUSABLE METAL STRAW

PAPER STRAW

HOLLOWED OUT BAMBOO REED

NIGHTLY CHOCOLATES

ELECTRIC KETTLE

FIRE EXTINGUISHER FOR ELECTRIC KETTLE

INDICATE SERVICE REQUESTED

NIGHTLY TURNDOWN
DAILY TRASH REMOVAL
EVENING TOWEL REFRESHING

DAILY ICE DELIVERY

TOWEL ANIMALS (SPECIFY GENUS AND SPECIES)

TOWEL PLANTS FOR OUR VEGAN GUESTS

TOWELS IN THE SHAPE OF TOWELS

INDICATE MUSIC PREFERENCES

JAZZ

ROCK

COUNTY

ALTERNATIVE

CLASSICAL

GREGORIAN CHANTING

RAP

MILLIE VANILLIE

DIETARY PREFERENCES

VEGETARIAN

VEGAN

PESCATARIAN

TWICE-BAKED GOAT CHEESE SOUFFLE-ATARIAN

PLANT-BASED MEATS
PLANT-BASED PLANTS
MEAT-BASED MEATS
MEAT-BASED PLANTS

FILTERED WATER

REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER

JUST GIVE ME SOME DAMN WATER

SUSTAINABLE FOOD SOURCES

ENDANGERED FOOD SOURCES

ESCARGOT

Well done!!!

On 3/22/2022 at 5:55 PM, brisalta said:

A friend of mine has booked their first Princess Cruise and they cannot find in the Cruise Personalizer the option to request a robe but me having been on multiple Princess cruise do have the option.

Perhaps old hands at cruising with Princess are grandfathered in for robes? Does this mean newbies will never be offered a robe even if they make more reservations with Princess?

You can ask your steward, sure he will get one for you.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, vjmatty said:

I am the OP and I want to say thank you.    You are 100% correct in why I posted.    I was just commenting  and noting observations.     

• Like 11

On 3/22/2022 at 9:33 AM, Thrak said:

It became a joke to many but, for those who have mobility issues or simply a back problem it was a real loss. I know it made a major difference to me.

On our upcoming cruise they have not only taken away the chair but most of the balcony as well!  (We were booked on Sapphire with a large Caribe Deck balcony and they moved us to the same cabin on Royal with a tiny speck of a balcony.) It's disappointing but at least we will get to cruise!

One CC said, “They call it a balcony, but it’s really more like a shelf.” 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, tawlaw1526 said:

I am the OP and I want to say thank you.    You are 100% correct in why I posted.    I was just commenting  and noting observations.     

I do understand that. It morphed into a debate about if those changes were good or bad. This is healthy debate.

I think the generic pattern trend is that older cruisers hate the changes, while newer cruises welcome the change.

note that generic means generally. Outliers will exist.

I, personally, support almost all of these changes. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Kmkub said:

I do understand that. It morphed into a debate about if those changes were good or bad. This is healthy debate.

I think the generic pattern trend is that older cruisers hate the changes, while newer cruises welcome the change.

note that generic means generally. Outliers will exist.

I, personally, support almost all of these changes. 

I agree that the debate part is healthy. The mocking not so much.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, caribill said:

Most people do not prefer to pay more for less.

But is anyone paying more these days to go on a cruise?  They’ve practically been giving them away to get the industry restarted.  One things are more stable, we’ll see what cutbacks have returned.

• Like 3