Medical center costs: Has anyone been recently?

On Freedom last month it was $144.24 for an office visit new patients level 2. That involved seeing the doctor.

On previous visits was also charged for blood tests and ECG tracing but nothing extra for normal vitals. 

You can just bring a blood pressure cuff with you. They're like $20.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, britty1 said:

Is there any insurance policies that cover the onboard medical charges.

Most travel insurance should cover it. But you'd have to pay up front and make sure to get your records before you get off the ship. A lot of travel insurance is secondary, meaning you'd have to submit it to your regular health insurance and then after they do what they do submit whatever wasn't paid to travel insurance. The travel insurance may or may not have a deductible. It also may or may not cover preexisting conditions. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, britty1 said:

Is there any insurance policies that cover the onboard medical charges.

I had to use the medical facility on Allure in Nov.  The charge to see the doctor was close to $150 without the additional charges for meds.  I did have insurance through IMG and after I sent them the receipt from the doctor, I did receive a refund of the money I paid on the ship.

I don't believe though, that if someone just wanted a blood pressure check, for no specific illness, that it would be covered.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

Most travel insurance should cover it. But you'd have to pay up front and make sure to get your records before you get off the ship. A lot of travel insurance is secondary, meaning you'd have to submit it to your regular health insurance and then after they do what they do submit whatever wasn't paid to travel insurance. The travel insurance may or may not have a deductible. It also may or may not cover preexisting conditions. 

Yes, and I spent the better part of a year begging my health insurer to reject my shipboard bill so I could submit claim to my travel insurer.  When they finally did  travel insurance processed and paid within two weeks.

I went to the medical center on adventure for some antacids for an upset stomach. I forgot to pack pepto! Anyway, I was charged $22 for a bottle of pills that was supposed to help. I took one then read the bottle- it was a laxative. Let’s say I lost an evening… 

• Haha 4