New 2022 Coral Princess Releases

BTW I spotted an article on the ABC News website yesterday that vulnerable Australians, including all those 65+,  will be offered a fourth dose of the vaccine starting in April sometime. They're worried about increased cases over winter and possibly the Deltacron variant. However it will work in well for any of us older cruisers who want to top up their protection levels prior to going on our cruises.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

BTW I spotted an article on the ABC News website yesterday that vulnerable Australians, including all those 65+,  will be offered a fourth dose of the vaccine starting in April sometime. They're worried about increased cases over winter and possibly the Deltacron variant. However it will work in well for any of us older cruisers who want to top up their protection levels prior to going on our cruises.

Second booster available from 4th April, 4 months or more after the first booster.

10 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Second booster available from 4th April, 4 months or more after the first booster.

Yes. We'll probably get ours in May - have our flu shots first, then the Covid vaccine.

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Yes. We'll probably get ours in May - have our flu shots first, then the Covid vaccine.

Contrary to the advice last year, the medical authorities now say that you can have the flu jab and the COVID booster at the same time.

Flu shots are supposed to be available from 4th April also.

Edited by Aus Traveller

29 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Contrary to the advice last year, the medical authorities now say that you can have the flu jab and the COVID booster at the same time.

Flu shots are supposed to be available from 4th April also.

I know but given the way I reacted to my last vaccination I'd rather space them out a bit, plus if I leave it until May I'll still have peak protection when we do our first cruise.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I know but given the way I reacted to my last vaccination I'd rather space them out a bit, plus if I leave it until May I'll still have peak protection when we do our first cruise.

We can't have our second COVID booster until 17th April, so maybe we will go for the flu shot earlier in the month.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Were yours booked through a planner?

It's very strange that there are differences.

Yep - it’s the one on Coral in 2024 - and all booked with the same planner, days apart! Except our WC of course.

Im not worried about it just yet as it’s 24 months away 😆

On 3/26/2022 at 10:35 AM, sewgood said:

To those of you that have booked with a Princess cruise planner, do you have the ability to make a payment on your Payments and Credits page in the Princess Personalizer?

I have had to email my planner to ask for a BPAY code this morning so that we are able to pay the deposit.

I've never had this problem when I've booked a cruise myself. The payment choices always come up in my personalizer but not this time.

Karryl

We have used a planner in the past here is part of the email he sent.

As a Cruise Holiday Planner with Princess Cruises, I do fall under a different section of the Australian Consumer Law to the rest of our reservations department, which means that bookings that I create are on a different contract and have different rules. One of the differences is that I legally cannot apply any funds to a booking until I have provided a cooling off period of 10 working days.

The payment option opened up after 10 days on the personaliser.

12 minutes ago, Patois said:

As a Cruise Holiday Planner with Princess Cruises, I do fall under a different section of the Australian Consumer Law to the rest of our reservations department, which means that bookings that I create are on a different contract and have different rules. One of the differences is that I legally cannot apply any funds to a booking until I have provided a cooling off period of 10 working days.

Well that could be a big problem, if true. I have a final payment date tomorrow for a June cruise and my planner can't take the payment I'd lose my booking. Luckily my planner has put payments through in the last few months for me so I'm not panicking.

Ah, that explains why I have a cruise booked with a deposit date of 8th April, which was later than expected. But that same cruise has a final payment date of .... wait for it .... 28th March.🙄

That doesn't give me 10 days cooling off period!

Another big booboo by the Princess software developers?

On 3/25/2022 at 3:40 PM, Aus Traveller said:

The street view in Dec 2020 shows a vacant lot. One website shows 142 Main Beach Road, Pinkenba as a warehouse, factory & Industrial land (2 ha in size) for sale with expressions of interest closing on 7th April, 2022. It looks like they are wanting to buy the land so it is likely that for a while, the parking service will operate from the Hamilton address.

The reverse, I think. I reckon they purchased/leased the land in February 2019 (when it last changed hands) and intended to develop it, as there is already a DA in place - "Current development approval for automotive storage use with potential to provide parking solution for the nearby Brisbane Cruise Ship Terminal (600 metres).

Perfectly unlucky timing, and business would have been tough for them over the past couple of years with no cruise parking and minimal airport parking for them. To me, it looks like they have ditched plans for the new site and it is back on the market.

1 minute ago, arxcards said:

The reverse, I think. I reckon they purchased/leased the land in February 2019 (when it last changed hands) and intended to develop it, as there is already a DA in place - "Current development approval for automotive storage use with potential to provide parking solution for the nearby Brisbane Cruise Ship Terminal (600 metres).

Perfectly unlucky timing, and business would have been tough for them over the past couple of years with no cruise parking and minimal airport parking for them. To me, it looks like they have ditched plans for the new site and it is back on the market.

Good research. You could be right. The question is whether they still plan to use the property for 'cruise-ship' parking. They show the address of this property on their website.

9 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Good research. You could be right. The question is whether they still plan to use the property for 'cruise-ship' parking. They show the address of this property on their website.

Ideal spot for that development.

Portside Parking have been great, so I hope they are still planning to use that site. The expressions of interest date make it more interesting, as it isn't a simple for sale or lease. Other possibilities: 

- they own the block and are looking to sell and lease it back 

- they are leasing, but the owner of the block needs to sell

14 hours ago, Patois said:

Thanks Patois.

Now I'm very interested to see what happens after ten days.

12 hours ago, arxcards said:

I'm sure I saw a post somewhere saying their new parking facility is opening sometime in May. I thought that post was on this thread but it may have been on FB.

15 hours ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Well that could be a big problem, if true. I have a final payment date tomorrow for a June cruise and my planner can't take the payment I'd lose my booking. Luckily my planner has put payments through in the last few months for me so I'm not panicking.

I spoke to my planner a short while ago and paid for our newly booked cruises - in full for the June one, and using the remainder of our FCCs for the deposit on the August one. The email confirmations have come through.

She said many of the planners are getting frustrated with customers not being able to pay online now. She's escalated it a number of times. Hopefully they'll sort it out soon. I'll be interested to see if the payment buttons reappear on the August cruise by the timevthe final payment is due in May.

33 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I'm sure I saw a post somewhere saying their new parking facility is opening sometime in May. I thought that post was on this thread but it may have been on FB.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That might have been the plan, but the property is currently for sale, and it needs lots of work before they could park any cars in the open, let alone undercover. The pics here show the current development of the property. 142 Main Beach Road, Pinkenba QLD 4008 - Factory, Warehouse & Industrial Property For Sale | Commercial Real Estate

59 minutes ago, arxcards said:

That might have been the plan, but the property is currently for sale, and it needs lots of work before they could park any cars in the open, let alone undercover. The pics here show the current development of the property. 142 Main Beach Road, Pinkenba QLD 4008 - Factory, Warehouse & Industrial Property For Sale | Commercial Real Estate

The post I saw was by was someone who phoned Portside Parking just the other day and was told the Pinkenba facility would be open in May. Very strange!

Anyway it's not a big deal, just a longer shuttle bus ride.

I phoned Portside Parking this morning and asked if the Hamilton site or the Pinkenba one will be in use in a few months' time when cruising re-starts. I was told that "they have land there (Main Beach Road, Pinkenba) and that they will know more at the end of May."

• Like 1

On 3/18/2022 at 3:00 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

I've just discussed my booking requests with my cruise planner. We've chosen the 7 night Queensland cruise 26th July from Brisbane and the 12 night Queensland/Conflict Islands 22nd August cruise from Sydney. ☺️☺️☺️

Just booked 7 day June 26 

been a long time,can’t wait 😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

Still thinking about it. I should say that my husband is (hopefully) thinking about it. I would have booked the day that bookings opened 😁.

Book it, then if he doesn't want to go just go on your own. 🤣

• Like 1